ADVERTISEMENT

Hobbs to Look at Football Game Day Experience

Would Like to See:

1) Glee Club sings the alma mater and/or fight song at the scarlet walk, in stead of the pep band. to me, it's much more old school / traditional. We are the birthplace of college football after all. it should feel like we are the oldest P5 team. I think the glee club in all suits with scarlet ties is more fitting than the pep band in tee shirts.
2) more band music and/or glee club in the stadium, less ear-splitting recorded music over the PA.
3) pull some of Soup's football songs out of the archives and have the Glee club sing them pre-game.

It's amazing how bad the food is, which is a shame because a lot of "NJ food" lends itself to mass production. Just think boardwalk & grease trucks and go from there.
Another Grease Truck mention...hopefully the powers that be really do read this Board.

Would Like to See:

1) Glee Club sings the Alma Mater and/or fight song at the scarlet walk, in stead of the pep band. to me, it's much more old school / traditional. We are the birthplace of college football after all. it should feel like we are the oldest P5 team. I think the glee club in all suits with scarlet ties is more fitting than the pep band in tee shirts.
2) more band music and/or glee club in the stadium, less ear-splitting recorded music over the PA.
3) pull some of Soup's football songs out of the archives and have the Glee club sing them pre-game.
The right one and I'm all for that.

Another Grease Truck mention...hopefully the powers that be really do read this Board.

If I'm visiting a stadium I like to have a 1/2 decent approximation of something the area is known for. In NJ... Italian hot dogs, rippers, sausage and peppers, porkroll, egg & cheese, fat sandwiches, sub sandwiches, tomato pie... There's a lot to choose from. Put some NJ on the menu in the stadium.

Reactions: rubaseball78
If I'm visiting a stadium I like to have a 1/2 decent approximation of something the area is known for. In NJ... Italian hot dogs, rippers, sausage and peppers, porkroll, egg & cheese, fat sandwiches, sub sandwiches, tomato pie... There's a lot to choose from. Put some NJ on the menu in the stadium.

Or pizza?

THIS is what I'm saying.

Put stuff like that in the place and it will move.

Or pizza?
Eh. Only if we get pizza ovens in the Stadium and the right Pizzeria to make them.

Yes, obviously, it would need to be "real" pizza.

Plenty of places make authentic pizza out of a truck at food festivals, I'm sure it can be done… And not just the lowest common denominator junk that we've seen in the past.

Yes, obviously, it would need to be "real" pizza.

Plenty of places make authentic pizza out of a truck at food festivals, I'm sure it can be done… And not just the lowest common denominator junk that we've seen in the past.
That is my fear.

Real deal or pass.

We could do this like my suggestion for the Grease Truck INSIDE the Stadium where the right to be there is auctioned off. See what local (or even just a "known" NJ) pizzeria would like to be inside on game day.

Last edited:
Reactions: CornerTavern
I don't have this problem in the scarlet lot the last 2 years quick in and out. Are you people with all the suggestions for Mr Hobbs ready to fork over extra money for these upgrades because expanding bathrooms and hiring competent glorified golf cart drivers comes with a price. Expect the same and be happy we have what we have. To get the things you awesome dudes want costs money. I doubt many of you will want prices to go up since most of you cry about the prices as is. Hobbs needs to take care of the program's so we don't suck anymore that's job 1. Hobbs is not stepping up for you when so little have stepped up for what's needed. Why is it ok to drink like a fish while you tailgate but have an issue with the school trying to make a buck selling 8 dollar beers inside? $$$ is the answer. Happy Independence Day especially for those who signed up and did your time to keep us free.
Elderly retired folks don't have the money to dish out for the scarlet lot.

I would be all for the grease truck in the stadium if they all weren't owned by the same guy and now didn't suck. Sell some White Rose burgers and fries in the joint and now we are talking!

Reactions: MoobyCow
Hey we should just add a couple of Dominoes kiosks.

Well+done+op+that+one+actually+made+me+dry+heave+_9b795e56bb3cad37f71274101d2724a1.gif

Reactions: BuckRU
I would be all for the grease truck in the stadium if they all weren't owned by the same guy and now didn't suck. Sell some White Rose burgers and fries in the joint and now we are talking!
Things likes this could be done on a game by game or season by season basis.

System one game, Mr. C's the next.

Reactions: Piscataway
ADVERTISEMENT