ADVERTISEMENT

HOLY SH$%#@$# SITKOWSKI TO RUTGERS

He's a top rated QB. I think he will need refining based on his stats but WOW!

We will now see if competition really does make a difference... and don’t sleep on Chatman and Wise in 2019... now get those B1G fatties on board

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Jim-Carrey-Smile-Shrug-Bruce-Almighty.gif

Let me see. You joined this board over a year ago and have a grand total of 2 posts. This when you choose to give us a "we really didn't want him anyway" statement.
Also thanks for the insight into conversations between Coach Richt and a recruit. Of all the 30 plus schools that offered the kid can you tell us why Richt "told him to go to RU"? Did you get that part of the conversation or did you drop the drinking glass you had against the wall?
Also I just checked 247sports and maybe it's out dated but their doesn't seem to be a QB committed to The U as of now. Why would a coach tell his only QB commit to go somewhere else?
Just wondering.

"Artur Sitkowski gave Miami an inch and the Hurricanes took it.

The former Hurricanes quarterback commit and New Jersey native showed an interest in returning home to play quarterback at Rutgers and 247Sports is told the Miami staff encouraged it.

Meanwhile Mark Richt and company have had several irons in the fire for quite some time in anticipation of Sitkowski no longer being part of their 2018 recruiting class.

The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Sitkowski began the season as the starter for the powerhouse Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy after transferring before the spring, but has lost the job midway through the season. To date he’s completed 42-of-72 passes for 323 yards and two touchdowns with three interceptions.

Sitkowski is pretty throwing the football and has all the traits coveted at the position but between the chalk it’s still developing. As a junior Sitkowski played in a run-heavy offense at Old Bridge (NJ) High.

Miami’s class without Sitkowski still ranks No. 4 nationally per 247Sports."

Whether you want to believe it or not... Miami wasn't going to have Sits in this class ...

Good for Rutgers and Good for Miami

Reactions: RUhobbit
Ok Canes. So if AS is as bad as you make him out to be, why did Richt recruit him in the 1st place? Didn't Miami evaluate him above and beyond his rating? Or is that coaching staff just really poor at judging talent? A couple of months at IMG and suddenly he no longer is any good? Kinda of laughable but believe what you want to believe. Maybe I'll stop by when you land a lesser rated QB and let you know that the kid is a project and likely to fail. I'm sure you'll appreciate my visit.

I take everything being said about Sitkowski by the Miami Windbags with a grain of salt.
LiKe those recruits who decommit from Rutgers and have SN members find fault in heir game, the Windbags are doing the same.
That's true on every message board when a recruit de-commits and many times members of one board will go to another site to put down the recruit that left their program and picked the school that site follows.
Sour grapes is all it is.:chairshot:

I'm really excited for this commit but it really does sound like most Miami fans didn't want him. Sitkowski seems to struggling a bit. Beyond an "injury" but there's a reason he was recruited to Miami in the first place. He's got all the tools and potential to be successful. Just won't be a day 1 starter most likely like most QBs. No problem giving him time with JLew ahead of him anyway

Ok Canes. So if AS is as bad as you make him out to be, why did Richt recruit him in the 1st place? Didn't Miami evaluate him above and beyond his rating? Or is that coaching staff just really poor at judging talent? A couple of months at IMG and suddenly he no longer is any good? Kinda of laughable but believe what you want to believe. Maybe I'll stop by when you land a lesser rated QB and let you know that the kid is a project and likely to fail. I'm sure you'll appreciate my visit.

Look... AS was offered based upon his potential obviously. His overall composition this year between his play among some other things combined led to Miami moving on.
Nobody said he wasn't any good.. but I think everyone agrees that he is a project.

Good for Rutgers - Perception of landing a highly regarded QB from in state
Good For Miami - We get a chance to move on to some more well established QBs

Win/Win

Also - If you think I came on here to bash the kid or RU absolutely not but we need to put this in the proper perspective..

If you think I came on here to bash the kid or RU absolutely not but we need to put this in the proper perspective..
No.

I think you came on here because your ego couldn't take the thought of Rutgers fans believing we got one over on Miami.

There are no sure things when recruiting high school QBs. They are all "projects". If you are talking about a college proven QB transferring in, then you will get a "more well established QB" into your program. Not sure what "some other things" are? Was he a problem at IMG? Poor leader? Nothing like that came up while he was playing in NJ.

Also - If you think I came on here to bash the kid or RU absolutely not but we need to put this in the proper perspective..
Here's a suggestion: unless you have something positive to say about the recruit or about Rutgers, I heartily suggest you avoid these threads celebrating his commitment to RU.

Don't see where I'm bashing the kid at all. The kid is making a good decision to attend Rutgers...

the bottomline, as you pointed out, is that miami is happy, rutgers is happy, and hopefully everyone can live happily ever after. no need to say anything else.

Reactions: JerseyCanes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT