ADVERTISEMENT

Honor form Fordham

PatrickRU92

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
that dude that absolutely shredded us is transferring from Fordham.

4 mos too late! He was throwing s**t up with eyes closed and it was going in that day. He'll probably never duplicate that.

I'm sure all of us remember Nick Honor, the freshman PG of Fordham who killed us when we played them back in December.

Per Rothstein, unless Honor transfers to a school that RU will face in the future, we will not have the pleasure of seeing Honor again at the RAC (I'm pretty sure we will play Fordham at home next year) as he will be transferring.

He is from the Orlando FL area so it'll be interesting to see if he winds up at a FL. School - such as USF; UCF; FGCU etc.

Have to feel for mid major schools / programs / coaches when they lose a young star player knowing that larger schools will poach or kid has an interest for bigger challenges.

Remember hearing Pikeill discussing all of the poaching attempts for Wormsley at Stony Brook.

Kudos to these kids who stick it out in all likelihood with the one school / one coach who vested themselves to recruit him the hardest.

Shooters/scorers are highly valued.

Nick Honor at Fordham:
Usage rate: 24.9% on 36 minutes/game
3-point: 33.7%
2-point: 39.4%
Free throw: 81.6%

Eric Paschall at Fordham:
Usage rate: 27.3% on 27 minutes/game
3-point: 30.4%
2-point: 48.3%
Free throw: 80.4%

With a year off to adjust to going against higher-caliber athletes, Honor should be able to do pretty well in a smaller role (he's not going to play 36 minutes/game in the ACC I don't think).

I know it is still going to be a sticking point but Honor landing interest from Notre Dame, Clemson and others as a transfer, kinda should (& I stress should) eliminate the horrible loss stuff. It's not as if Honor was someone completely unranked, he was a 3* recruit in most ranking systems.

A player playing at a high level, with shots going in, is capable of beating a team that doesn't make shots or comes in unfocused.

In a one game scenario, Honor played himself onto the radar and then played well enough over the rest of the season to generate Power 5 or major school interest.

The only item that bears watching in a year, is NJ guard Amir Al-Dawes, who is a scoring lead guard. Honor and Dawes are now likely to be competing for the Clemson starting guard role down the road.

With how quickly kids decide to transfer, it will be interesting if Honor beats out Dawes during this year in practice while sitting out and who wins this battle for minutes. I think both players can thrive for Clemson sharing 40 to 45 minutes in a 2 or 3 guard offense.

Fordham at #260 was, by a wide margin, the lowest-rated KenPom team a Big Ten school lost to last season. Illinois' home loss to #162 Florida Atlantic might be worse but that's about it. Maybe comparable to Penn State's neutral floor loss to #161 Bradley.

And that illustrates the problem with these kinds of games. Play ten games against teams that you're 90% likely to win and you get no credit for going 10-0. But go 9-1 (statistically the most likely outcome) and you get dinged for the bad loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT