ADVERTISEMENT

HORRIBLE COACHING!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing... but I also thought before they penalty, a quick play and they would be able to sprint the fg team on.

On A 3rd. down FG attempt if the snap is bobbled the placeholder at least has a chance to throw the ball out of bounds and have a 2nd shot at the kick.
If the coaches are thinking that the FG kicker is really that bad THEN why not take more shots into the end zone? Why dink and doink? PAINFUL

Coaches coach, players play. Players are supposed to execute, especially against inferior competition. Come out flat, and you pay for it. Period. They took advantage of the fact that the team was more than flat. They just plain got out physicalled, and out toughed.

This is the B1G, you're supposed to bring it week in and week out, and during practice. Moving forward, I hope this is a lesson the team learned today. Play to win, play to destroy. Don't play to lose or survive.

Reactions: Garybredow
Coaches coach, players play. Players are supposed to execute, especially against inferior competition. Come out flat, and you pay for it. Period. They took advantage of the fact that the team was more than flat. They just plain got out physicalled, and out toughed.

This is the B1G, you're supposed to bring it week in and week out, and during practice. Moving forward, I hope this is a lesson the team learned today. Play to win, play to destroy. Don't play to lose or survive.
Or or...the verdict is still out on Washington. It's good to know that Bolin has a deep ball because I couldn't tell in the first game. I am bracing myself for another year with a defense that plays well enough to win until they have to take too many snaps and fold with an ugly offense that doesn't get much accomplished.

Reactions: RU22
Or or...the verdict is still out on Washington. It's good to know that Bolin has a deep ball because I couldn't tell in the first game. I am bracing myself for another year with a defense that plays well enough to win until they have to take too many snaps and fold with an ugly offense that doesn't get much accomplished.
What good is a deep ball with no accuracy.. not to mention there's a neon sign above his head telling the DB's where he's throwing.. if you can even call it throwing.

I was thinking the same thing... but I also thought before they penalty, a quick play and they would be able to sprint the fg team on.
That friggin penalty.. both players had their hands on masks there.. easy to see. I think that ref threw the flag in case we scored a TD on that pass. And the refs in the endzone see clear interference on that same pass and do not pull flags. Refs were horridly one-sided on the big calls/ judgement calls. TARGETING.. first a non-call after video and then not even reviewing a late hit that was also targeting... on our QB.. which would have stopped the clock at least for the review. And the run-clock on Grant being tackled out of bounds.. clearly he wanted to get out of bounds.. and he did.. it shouldn't matter if he got tackled out of bounds. HORRENDOUS calls.

What good is a deep ball with no accuracy.. not to mention there's a neon sign above his head telling the DB's where he's throwing.. if you can even call it throwing.
I said it last week and the commentators made a big deal about it today. Bolin stares down receives worse than any QB since Jeff Hostetler. They remarked several times about Bolin needing to look off the receivers and how savvy the EM DBs were at reading the QB's eyes. I'm not saying that any one thing he did lost the game but I am saying that for a 5th year major college player he ain't Johnny Unitas. (had to get that back door Louisville connection in there.) He's probably been a QB since PeeWee football and if he's inaccurate and stares down receivers now....he's not going to be our answer this year. This stuff should have been coached up (or coached out) years ago. It's like our B-ball team who can't sink free throws. Guess what....they're NEVER going to sink free throws. We have to get players that can do these fundamental things. It will happen. It's already happening. But right now it's F'n PAINFUL.

Another bad decision was when they were driving the field with running plays working like a charm and then they randomly insert Lewis for a read option. "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it." Going to be a long year.:popcorn:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT