ADVERTISEMENT

How does Jerry Kill plan to fix the Rutgers offense?

It willl NOT be a "very good" offense even with all that. Better? Yes!

Nuts, I am not stupid here, I didn't say it would be a good offense, I said if every things falls into place it might be a good offense. In any event, until we know a lot more about the players themselves we can't even speculate on what the offense will look like. All I am really hoping for are 12 competitive games. No blow out pathetic losses.

Nuts, I am not stupid here, I didn't say it would be a good offense, I said if every things falls into place it might be a good offense. In any event, until we know a lot more about the players themselves we can't even speculate on what the offense will look like. All I am really hoping for are 12 competitive games. No blow out pathetic losses.

First off, nobody called you "stupid." Second, you didn't say "good," you LITERALLY said the following (feel free to read your original post):

"this might be a very good offense ..."

Big difference and the odds of it even being "good" next year, IMHO, are very low. This isn't going to change overnight, sorry, we have major talent issues and the talent at QB and WR is going to be very, very young and inexperienced. Let's hope we can crack the Top 90 next year and take it from there. Hopefully that keeps he blowouts, well, less blowout-ish? Ugh. LOL.

First off, nobody called you "stupid." Second, you didn't say "good," you LITERALLY said the following (feel free to read your original post):
"this might be a very good offense ..."
Big difference and the odds of it even being "good" next year, IMHO, are very low. This isn't going to change overnight, sorry, we have major talent issues and the talent at QB and WR is going to be very, very young and inexperienced. Let's hope we can crack the Top 90 next year and take it from there. Hopefully that keeps he blowouts, well, less blowout-ish? Ugh. LOL.

Amazing how we can so misread each other when we are limited to the written word. It is why I am always leery of being sarcastic or cute in an email. When I wrote my post my mindset was on the word "might" not the very good part. And when I read your reply I zeroed in on your use of the words "will not". You were focused on my use of very good. I agree, very was not necessary at all.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Amazing how we can so misread each other when we are limited to the written word. It is why I am always leery of being sarcastic or cute in an email. When I wrote my post my mindset was on the word "might" not the very good part. And when I read your reply I zeroed in on your use of the words "will not". You were focused on my use of very good. I agree, very was not necessary at all.

All good my man and I get it lol!

His original plan was to put RU uniforms on the Bama offense,but since Bama and RU play on the same days,he's going to the next best thing and put Bama uniforms on the RU players and see if that helps.

I don't think it a coincidence that the two worst offenses we've seen in the past 20 years or so were when we changed to a spread offense and the blocking schemes were completely different for the O line. Year 2 for the O line should be an improvement just from the experience. We have yet to see what a second year in this type of looks like and there HAS to be improvement.

Reactions: czxqa
It all starts up front. I think he spends considerable time with Blazek to figure out what went wrong. Fix the line you fix the offense. End of story.
Finally. We get all the way to the 36th post before someone points out the real problem.

However, while the OL is definitely the first thing to fix, it's not as easy as fixing the line and the offense is fixed. Without the OL working much better, we will have no success. If the OL is working reasonably well, then we also need our QB(s) and WR(s) to have a ton more consistency.

If all that happens, then we have a shot at scoring more points.

I know it is a lot to ask. But 3 and outs that take 42 seconds total off the clock are getting old.

For what its worth, just looking at tape on some of Kill's teams youll see those offenses ate decent amounts of clock. But in the end I feel like its the head coach's decision as to how fast or slow we want to do things.

Really hard to do much of anything when teams can live in your backfield rushing just 4.

I can't believe the amount of pressure better teams were able to get against us without having to blitz.

And in our zone runs, it looked like we had difficulty with reach blocks along the interior of our line. As a result, D-linemen could shoot the gaps and create negative plays with direct pressure up the A & B gaps.

This. Our guard play was very poor. We couldn't block the gaps. It doesn't matter what plays you call if your o-line is regularly getting beat.

Reactions: LotusAggressor
For what its worth, just looking at tape on some of Kill's teams youll see those offenses ate decent amounts of clock. But in the end I feel like its the head coach's decision as to how fast or slow we want to do things.
You can play with tempo and go no huddle and still chew the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT