ADVERTISEMENT

How far RU has come in a short period of time

NewJerseyHawk

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2007
Sometimes you need to actually put the perspective of what RU looked like just a few short months ago, to where they're going to be a few months from now.

It's hard to imagine that in probably half of our games last year, RU started 4 out of 5 players that have no chance or would have had no chance at being starters by this November.

It's minutes played, shot distribution, freshman not yet ready for college basketball at this level and a learning curve.

Here are some boxscores of ugly, difficult, hard to imagine having upside to this roster games, to what we have to work hard this summer and fall, to see significantly better players, upside, talent and more development.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082593

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082595

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082596

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082597

It's not impossible to think that our 5 starters from more 12 or 15 games, could only see 1 starter starting in this year's November and December games.

You have to look at the boxscores, the minutes that were played and how far the freshman have progressed from these boxes, to the end of this past year and into next year.

And that's not even factoring in Paul Mulcahy, Jacob Young and Yeboah....all three players I could very easily argue could have started or certainly competed for minutes on RU starting line up last November or December.

So, why post the box scores??

It's important to post them because there was a clear ceiling of upside to the starting lineups and it shows in the box scores. Struggle vs Miami, struggle with Boston University, very uneven boxscore vs Wisconsin.....and the 1st test vs St John's, wasn't even a representative of the lineup we finished the season with.

If we changed 60% of the minutes played and distributed during the season last year, it's very easy to replace another 20% of the minutes from last November and December with Eugene departing.

I don't think Eugene is a terrible player, just a player that was part of the rebuild but not a huge factor in what brought this roster forward from November/December to January and February.

There are going to be playing time battles and more transition as the program moves up in the standings. It's probably best to prepare for the changes and see it develop, vs looking back, as if November and December was some sort of timeframe of play, we are going to miss going forward.

With a projected starting lineup of Geo-Young-Harper-Yeboah-Myles, Myles is going to get a ton of 1 on 1 matchups on the block with zero help from the defense due to the outside shooters our team has. He could have a monster year. If teams double down, it’s a quick kick 3 for one of the 4 shooters on the court

With a projected starting lineup of Geo-Young-Harper-Yeboah-Myles, Myles is going to get a ton of 1 on 1 matchups on the block with zero help from the defense due to the outside shooters our team has. He could have a monster year. If teams double down, it’s a quick kick 3 for one of the 4 shooters on the court
Is it unrealistic to think Geo maybe becomes the sixth man and we slot Mathis into the starting SG?

Good post Hawk. I laugh when I see minutes projections when in reality the rotation and minutes distribution will probably be distinctly different on opening day, Jan 1, and tournament time.

Reactions: Scarlet83

Not sure how Mathis doesn't start. Best guess on 5 right now would be Geo, Mathis, Harper, Yeboah, Johnson. Bench has plenty of talent and firepower. If Young can light it up he's the go get us buckets off of the bench guy.

Miami was a struggle?

We beat an ACC team on the road with stiffling defense and i remember thinking and saying that we really have something here. It was incredibly impressive how good we were in that game.

Go ahead and post the boxscores when Eugene was hurt or after the Iowa game when he reaggrevated the injury.

We need to move ahead, but it angers me to see the sugar coating of the Omoruyi departure. I think we now have a little validation that Eugene didn't leave because he was afraid of playing time AND that Dana Altman and Oregon didn't think anything of him.

Eugene is an elite player, next year is a rebuilding year. 2020-21 is now my target of postseason chances.

Let me add....
I really like the direction of the program.

I really like the coaching staff

I really like the players on this team

I really am looking forward to next year.

I really doubt i will miss a home game.

I really enjoy reading NJH posts.

I really hope NJH is right here and i am wrong

Last edited:
Go ahead and post the boxscores when Eugene was hurt or after the Iowa game when he reaggrevated the injury.

We need to move ahead, but it angers me to see the sugar coating of the Omoruyi departure. I think we now have a little validation that Eugene didn't leave because he was afraid of playing time AND that Dana Altman and Oregon didn't think anything of him.

Eugene is an elite player, next year is a rebuilding year. 2020-21 is now my target of postseason chances.

Elite by what standards??

3rd team all B1G

2nd team all B1G??

80% of the starters from the start of last year are gone via transfer, graduation, dismissal or a player getting replaced by a better player.

I can post Corey Sanders boxscores from MSG and the B1G tournament. Eugene was more "elite" than Sanders I guess.

I am not married to players or of the belief that there's only one way to play basketball. We won 7 OOC games and 21 points and 17 rebounds is what you see??

I see a roster in full transition that had zero chance of winning 7 B1G games with the November and December minutes or starters.

Winning 54-44 over Boston University when it was a 1 posession game at the 2 minute mark and getting bailed out by Shaq Carter and Caleb McConnell vs Columbia, could have had the OOC as an utter disaster. Eugene as your leading scorer and rebounder, shooting 43% and having no ability to stretch the defense, isn't likely to have worked into the teeth of the B1G schedule.

Fans have to evolve with the program as it grows....i can link other boxscores from January and February....they look drastically different against better competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgHoops

Imo, 2020-21 was always the target....3 seniors, 5 juniors as the team leaders. An experienced team.

This years team is still young.

Reactions: KevH

Rebuilding? No way. We've got more experience, more shooters, and more versatility. EO was an important part of the team, but there's no reason that this team can't improve on 7 B10 wins. If Carter and Caleb have good seasons (we pretty much know what we'll get with Geo, Myles, and Ron), and Yeboah and Young play as advertised, this team could be a tourney team.

Reactions: Scangg
I think Eugene is a 2nd team B1G type of player....

To this team he was the MVP without an even close 2nd.

Every single player on the team has a replacement that isn't far below. Eugene is the exception.

The root and foundation of the team is/was defense. No one, other than potentially Mathis, personifies this as much as Eugene. Removing Eugene in this capacity is devastating. Someone has to fill this void. If not we are going to have to have Iowa like offensive efficiency to not miss a beat.

Reactions: seansherm
NJH,

Not debating you that allocating Kiss and Issa's minutes to Caleb and Ron moved the needle in a big way. We have sufficient evidence via the "advanced stats" to show this. we can look at the "game scores" to show the improvement. The outliers to the progress, however, were the 3 games Eugene was out and the last 3 where he was limited.

It is almost not debatable your correct point about the change of minutes and improvement on the floor. I believe it is almost not debateable the positive influence a healthy Eugene had.

I think Eugene is a 2nd team B1G type of player....

To this team he was the MVP without an even close 2nd.

Every single player on the team has a replacement that isn't far below. Eugene is the exception.

The root and foundation of the team is/was defense. No one, other than potentially Mathis, personifies this as much as Eugene. Removing Eugene in this capacity is devastating. Someone has to fill this void. If not we are going to have to have Iowa like offensive efficiency to not miss a beat.

Losing Omoruyi hurts, but it's impossible for the 19-20 team to not be better than the 18-19 team barring multiple injuries. 5 out of the 6 next best players in conference play were all in their first year playing in the B1G with 4 of them Fr. The team will be better, just have to wait and see to find out how much better.

Losing Omoruyi hurts, but it's impossible for the 19-20 team to not be better than the 18-19 team barring multiple injuries. 5 out of the 6 next best players in conference play were all in their first year playing in the B1G with 4 of them Fr. The team will be better, just have to wait and see to find out how much better.

It is very possible and actually likely that we take a step back. We need to hope that the newcomers plus the improvement of the returning guys offsets losing Eugene.

I think Eugene was that important to the team that it is a significant net loss.

Time will tell and I want to be very wrong.

A tad bit strong, don't you think? I think he has the potential to be a great player (provided he continues his development and his knee is good to go) and was excellent for us here, but elite is a term I'd reserve for maybe the top 15-20 players in the nation.

I'll give you credit...you typed a lot of words and posted some links.

It's always good to know what posters think before something happens vs the notion of being the Monday morning Quarterback that becomes the "see, I told you so", person.

The posters that step out on the ledge with an opinion or opinion with supporting information, catch the most criticism. And I am fine with that, because at least it's supported with data, some review and a larger picture beyond just RU.

What is most ironic would be pulling up the game threads of games over the last 3 years and reading non-stop about how RU lacks shooters and the ability to shoot from 3 point range....and 3 years later, the roster is transitioned to allow for more players, better shooters to replace the ones that arent shooters and then when it happens, it becomes "problematic".

On the surface, without getting into any emotional detail, Yeboah and Harper are better players, shooters, passers than Eugene....fans ask for more playmakers and shooters but complain about it when it actually happens.....

Or we can say "we need a quick PG"....then land one via transfer in Jacob Young last year and suddenly the items we whine about are smaller and smaller as we move forward.

Bingo

It is very possible and actually likely that we take a step back. We need to hope that the newcomers plus the improvement of the returning guys offsets losing Eugene.

I think Eugene was that important to the team that it is a significant net loss.

Time will tell and I want to be very wrong.

I'm half with you just because I personally thought they overachieved last year based on how young the roster was.

I just don't see a step back this year unless there's a significant front court injury. Last year we pretty much rolled out a lineup in B1G play consistent with the experience level of top 1 and done schools. Chance a player or two doesn't take an expected leap, but it's pretty difficult not to improve with so many pieces now having some experience.

Bingo means what....take a position....was RU better in January and February vs November and December??

I am not degrading Eugene, but am clearly pointing out huge gaps in his play, his stat line. You want to highlight taking charges as irreplaceable or being a warrior.....I am not debating that.....on the other side of the coin, he was a limited offensive player, that could not impact the defense with his shooting and made it more difficult to provide space in the post for Myles and others, because he provides a duplicate player that needs the ball from the post to be effective.

I don't make up the efficiency ratings for college basketball, someone else does....by every measure, Eugene was not an efficient player. If that's something that you feel isn't valuable or relevant, that's entirely your opinion.

On the other hand, every program measures offensive and defensive players and I believe RU fans are stuck on "losing their leading scorer and rebounder", as if its the only viable way to account for what's a good, complete basketball player in 2019.

RU isn't going to get 20 additional possessions per game to support the notion that Eugene contributes. The team needs to spread out it's shot distribution and touches to become a better team. That's not an opinion, because when the shots weren't spread out, RU wasn't as successful as it was when it did.

Sometimes you need to actually put the perspective of what RU looked like just a few short months ago, to where they're going to be a few months from now.

It's hard to imagine that in probably half of our games last year, RU started 4 out of 5 players that have no chance or would have had no chance at being starters by this November.

It's minutes played, shot distribution, freshman not yet ready for college basketball at this level and a learning curve.

Here are some boxscores of ugly, difficult, hard to imagine having upside to this roster games, to what we have to work hard this summer and fall, to see significantly better players, upside, talent and more development.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082593

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082595

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082596

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401082597

It's not impossible to think that our 5 starters from more 12 or 15 games, could only see 1 starter starting in this year's November and December games.

You have to look at the boxscores, the minutes that were played and how far the freshman have progressed from these boxes, to the end of this past year and into next year.

And that's not even factoring in Paul Mulcahy, Jacob Young and Yeboah....all three players I could very easily argue could have started or certainly competed for minutes on RU starting line up last November or December.

So, why post the box scores??

It's important to post them because there was a clear ceiling of upside to the starting lineups and it shows in the box scores. Struggle vs Miami, struggle with Boston University, very uneven boxscore vs Wisconsin.....and the 1st test vs St John's, wasn't even a representative of the lineup we finished the season with.

If we changed 60% of the minutes played and distributed during the season last year, it's very easy to replace another 20% of the minutes from last November and December with Eugene departing.

I don't think Eugene is a terrible player, just a player that was part of the rebuild but not a huge factor in what brought this roster forward from November/December to January and February.

There are going to be playing time battles and more transition as the program moves up in the standings. It's probably best to prepare for the changes and see it develop, vs looking back, as if November and December was some sort of timeframe of play, we are going to miss going forward.
And some posters like me where calling for more minutes to these freshman and less to Issa and Kiss early in the season while others thought issa was some special defender and 3 point ace. This is also another reason to expect more wins next year. This year's team should be much stronger to start the season against the OOC schedule which will give the team confidence and momentum heading into B1G play

Thisssss. I have been hammering this point home too pick your poison. Myles working you on the block or shooters everywhere. Myles is a good passer too so we could really look dangerous with that inside outside game

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
The media members that cover the team, all of whom were very conservative last year and warned everyone to temper expectations, have come out and said that even without EO expectations are raised this year and some type of postseason is the minimum goal.

Given how conservatives they usually are, I take that as a good gauge that this team should still be expected to be improved over last year.

It's always good to know what posters think before something happens vs the notion of being the Monday morning Quarterback that becomes the "see, I told you so", person.

The posters that step out on the ledge with an opinion or opinion with supporting information, catch the most criticism. And I am fine with that, because at least it's supported with data, some review and a larger picture beyond just RU.

What is most ironic would be pulling up the game threads of games over the last 3 years and reading non-stop about how RU lacks shooters and the ability to shoot from 3 point range....and 3 years later, the roster is transitioned to allow for more players, better shooters to replace the ones that arent shooters and then when it happens, it becomes "problematic".

On the surface, without getting into any emotional detail, Yeboah and Harper are better players, shooters, passers than Eugene....fans ask for more playmakers and shooters but complain about it when it actually happens.....

Or we can say "we need a quick PG"....then land one via transfer in Jacob Young last year and suddenly the items we whine about are smaller and smaller as we move forward.

You are spending a lot of time looking at box scores, usage and that's fine...but, you have never commented on the intangibles.

The guy who never backed down from an opponent.

The guy who drew more fouls and got to the line 40 more times than anyone else on the team.

The guy who went after every loose ball.

The guy who drew momentum changing charges.

The guy who was the team enforcer and delivered the hard fouls when a hard was needed to send a message.

This team is now down to one hard-nosed defender.....Mathis. We really need to hope that Yabeoh brings some of that hard-nosed play and some of those intangibles because the rest of the roster brings Zero Toughness....except for Shaq Carter, he has a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac

I was in EO's corner his freshman year when people wanted to run him off the team. He improved significantly between then and now as we all have witnessed. However, I would not consider him an elite player, ie. top 10 in NBA draft, etc. I would consider him to be a very good player. Any time you use talent from your team its a loss, even if it is just in terms of bench strength. We will have to adjust now and play differently. I'm also one who doesn't think he will make it through the entire next year injury free without getting the knee fixed (coming from one with 3 knee surgeries). In saying this I'm not wishing for him to get injured next year. At least with him leaving now we can adjust the lineups and style of play from day 1 rather than adjusting on the fly if an injury occurred.

The media members that cover the team, all of whom were very conservative last year and warned everyone to temper expectations, have come out and said that even without EO expectations are raised this year and some type of postseason is the minimum goal.

Given how conservatives they usually are, I take that as a good gauge that this team should still be expected to be improved over last year.

The media members also claimed Eugene was tampered with and headed to Providence

Bingo means what....take a position....was RU better in January and February vs November and December??

I am not degrading Eugene, but am clearly pointing out huge gaps in his play, his stat line. You want to highlight taking charges as irreplaceable or being a warrior.....I am not debating that.....on the other side of the coin, he was a limited offensive player, that could not impact the defense with his shooting and made it more difficult to provide space in the post for Myles and others, because he provides a duplicate player that needs the ball from the post to be effective.

I don't make up the efficiency ratings for college basketball, someone else does....by every measure, Eugene was not an efficient player. If that's something that you feel isn't valuable or relevant, that's entirely your opinion.

On the other hand, every program measures offensive and defensive players and I believe RU fans are stuck on "losing their leading scorer and rebounder", as if its the only viable way to account for what's a good, complete basketball player in 2019.

RU isn't going to get 20 additional possessions per game to support the notion that Eugene contributes. The team needs to spread out it's shot distribution and touches to become a better team. That's not an opinion, because when the shots weren't spread out, RU wasn't as successful as it was when it did.

Bingo is i am 100% with Greenes take the last 2 weeks. I have less time to post here in spring and summer

I was in EO's corner his freshman year when people wanted to run him off the team. He improved significantly between then and now as we all have witnessed. However, I would not consider him an elite player, ie. top 10 in NBA draft, etc. I would consider him to be a very good player. Any time you use talent from your team its a loss, even if it is just in terms of bench strength. We will have to adjust now and play differently. I'm also one who doesn't think he will make it through the entire next year injury free without getting the knee fixed (coming from one with 3 knee surgeries). In saying this I'm not wishing for him to get injured next year. At least with him leaving now we can adjust the lineups and style of play from day 1 rather than adjusting on the fly if an injury occurred.

You would have been correct after year 1...I didn't want to run him off the team, BUT I was kind of curious why he was recruited. I didn't see a 1/10 of his improvement coming.

He is definitely not a NBA player. Not even a far away sniff.

I also agree, although I shouldn't beacuse there is not a Dr. in my name, that it was unlikely he'd make it healthy through the year.

In retrospect his leaving isn't/wasn't the biggest blow to a postseason run. It was his potential for injury and not being able to replace him, or potentially worse, not being able easily to bench him if ineffective.

Posting just a few box scores is a bit of cherry picking, but there's no denying we were a different team down the stretch after the freshmen got acclimated to the speed of the game and expectations of league play.

Over the first 12 games of the year, before conference play restarted (avg kenpom 158.9), our average box score looked like this, sorted by minutes:
Starters (started at least 10 of 12 games)
GB - 34.2 min, 13.9 pts, 3.0 rb, 5.0 ast, 2.9 tov, 1.9 pf
EO - 30.4 min, 16.0 pts, 8.5 rb, 2.0 ast, 3.1 tov, 3.3 pf
PK - 25.3 min, 9.0 pts, 2.8 rb, 1.5 ast, 1.3 tov, 1.6 pf
IT - 23.9 min, 5.8 pts, 3.5 rb, 1.0 ast, 1.2 tov, 1.3 pf
SD - 18.7 min, 4.2 pts, 5.8 rb, 0.2 ast, 0.4 tov, 1.8 pf

Reserves (Mathis had 3 starts, Harper/Carter each had 1)
RH - 17.8 min, 5.5 pts, 2.5 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.1 tov, 2.3 pf
MM - 16.6 min, 5.2 pts, 1.8 rb, 0.8 ast, 0.9 tov, 1.7 pf
MJ - 14.4 min, 2.9 pts, 5.2 rb, 0.8 ast, 1.1 tov, 0.8 pf
SC - 10.3 min, 4.2 pts, 3.1 rb, 0.1 ast, 0.3 tov, 0.9 pf
CM - 9.8 min, 3.3 pts, 1.4 rb, 0.6 ast, 0.8 tov, 0.7 pf
MD - 5.3 min, 0.3 pts, 1.7 rb, 0.0 ast, 0.2 tov, 0.8 pf

Over the 19 games after conference play started up again in 2019 (avg kenpom 42.7), our average box score looked like this, sorted by minutes:
Starters (started at least 14 of 19 games)
GB - 33.9 min, 11.1 pts, 3.2 rb, 3.5 ast, 3.0 tov, 1.9 pf
EO - 28.3 min, 12.1 pts, 6.2 rb, 2.8 ast, 2.0 tov, 2.8 pf
MM - 26.9 min, 10.6 pts, 3.6 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.5 tov, 1.9 pf
RH - 25.1 min, 9.3 pt, 3.5 rb, 1.1 ast, 0.7 tov, 2.5 pf
SD - 17.2 min, 3.4 pts, 3.4 rb, 0.3 ast, 0.9 tov, 2.0 pf

Reserves (Carter had 5 starts, and Kiss had 1)
MJ - 19.6 min, 6.0 pts, 6.1 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.2 tov, 3.0 pf
CM - 19.1 min, 6.9 pts, 3.3 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.4 tov, 1.7 pf
SC - 15.7 min, 4.6 pts, 3.8 rb, 0.6 ast, 1.1 tov, 1.6 pf
PK - 13.3 min, 3.9 pts, 1.8 rb, 0.4 ast, 0.7 tov, 1.1 pf
IT - 10.5 min, 1.9 pts, 1.2 rb, 0.2 ast, 0.2 tov, 0.9 pf

Kiss and Thiam dropped from starters earning 23-25 min to the #9/10 guys in the rotation getting 10-13 min. Johnson wasn't getting the starts, but was getting more minutes and filling out the stat sheet more than Doorson.

Last edited:
You would have been correct after year 1...I didn't want to run him off the team, BUT I was kind of curious why he was recruited. I didn't see a 1/10 of his improvement coming.

He is definitely not a NBA player. Not even a far away sniff.

I also agree, although I shouldn't beacuse there is not a Dr. in my name, that it was unlikely he'd make it healthy through the year.

In retrospect his leaving isn't/wasn't the biggest blow to a postseason run. It was his potential for injury and not being able to replace him, or potentially worse, not being able easily to bench him if ineffective.
I don't have a Dr before my name either. Just going on my own experiences have an injured knee, 3 surgeries on the same knee and knee replacement looming. I hope he is injury free going forward.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
I don't have a Dr before my name either. Just going on my own experiences have an injured knee, 3 surgeries on the same knee and knee replacement looming. I hope he is injury free going forward.

you have had 3 surgeries...I'll give you Doctor status on this one. When Peter Kiss (just an example) has a shoulder dislocated your 2 cents will be worth 2 cents.

Posting just a few box scores is a bit of cherry picking, but there's no denying we were a different team down the stretch after the freshmen got acclimated to the speed of the game and expectations of league play.

Over the first 12 games of the year, before conference play restarted (avg kenpom 158.9), our average box score looked like this, sorted by minutes:
Starters (started at least 10 of 12 games)
GB - 34.2 min, 13.9 pts, 3.0 rb, 5.0 ast, 2.9 tov, 1.9 pf
EO - 30.4 min, 16.0 pts, 8.5 rb, 2.0 ast, 3.1 tov, 3.3 pf
PK - 25.3 min, 9.0 pts, 2.8 rb, 1.5 ast, 1.3 tov, 1.6 pf
IT - 23.9 min, 5.8 pts, 3.5 rb, 1.0 ast, 1.2 tov, 1.3 pf
SD - 18.7 min, 4.2 pts, 5.8 rb, 0.2 ast, 0.4 tov, 1.8 pf

Reserves (Mathis had 3 starts, Harper/Carter each had 1)
RH - 17.8 min, 5.5 pts, 2.5 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.1 tov, 2.3 pf
MM - 16.6 min, 5.2 pts, 1.8 rb, 0.8 ast, 0.9 tov, 1.7 pf
MJ - 14.4 min, 2.9 pts, 5.2 rb, 0.8 ast, 1.1 tov, 0.8 pf
SC - 10.3 min, 4.2 pts, 3.1 rb, 0.1 ast, 0.3 tov, 0.9 pf
CM - 9.8 min, 3.3 pts, 1.4 rb, 0.6 ast, 0.8 tov, 0.7 pf
MD - 5.3 min, 0.3 pts, 1.7 rb, 0.0 ast, 0.2 tov, 0.8 pf

Over the 19 games after conference play started up again in 2019 (avg kenpom 42.7), our average box score looked like this, sorted by minutes:
Starters (started at least 14 of 19 games)
GB - 33.9 min, 11.1 pts, 3.2 rb, 3.5 ast, 3.0 tov, 1.9 pf
EO - 28.3 min, 12.1 pts, 6.2 rb, 2.8 ast, 2.0 tov, 2.8 pf
MM - 26.9 min, 10.6 pts, 3.6 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.5 tov, 1.9 pf
RH - 25.1 min, 9.3 pt, 3.5 rb, 1.1 ast, 0.7 tov, 2.5 pf
SD - 17.2 min, 3.4 pts, 3.4 rb, 0.3 ast, 0.9 tov, 2.0 pf

Reserves (Carter had 5 starts, and Kiss had 1)
MJ - 19.6 min, 6.0 pts, 6.1 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.2 tov, 3.0 pf
CM - 19.1 min, 6.9 pts, 3.3 rb, 1.3 ast, 1.4 tov, 1.7 pf
SC - 15.7 min, 4.6 pts, 3.8 rb, 0.6 ast, 1.1 tov, 1.6 pf
PK - 13.3 min, 3.9 pts, 1.8 rb, 0.4 ast, 0.7 tov, 1.1 pf
IT - 10.5 min, 1.9 pts, 1.2 rb, 0.2 ast, 0.2 tov, 0.9 pf

Kiss and Thiam dropped from starters earning 23-25 min to the #9/10 guys in the rotation getting 10-13 min. Johnson wasn't getting the starts, but was getting more minutes and filling out the stat sheet more than Doorson.

Interesting that the counting stats differential between RH and PK aren't that much.

you have had 3 surgeries...I'll give you Doctor status on this one. When Peter Kiss (just an example) has a shoulder dislocated your 2 cents will be worth 2 cents.
I'll give you one better. Since I don't react well to anethesia, I was awake for the last two and watched one on a TV screen. Did it with locals and epidural.

I'll give you one better. Since I don't react well to anethesia, I was awake for the last two and watched one on a TV screen. Did it with locals and epidural.

Nightmare!!!!

I think we changed the drug my son uses when he needs anethesia because he didn't react well to one.

Line-ups change. Where's Mulcahy in all of this? I have little doubt that Yeboah will replace or come close to replacing Gene's numbers. They seem very similar and Yeboah has a better outside shot imo. So if you look at it like that; forget about losing Gene; we have the new Gene. Now it will be about adding two additional 4 star players and god forbid we get Wur (another 3 star). I think we'll get a big leap in production from Mathis and Johnson and don't expect Peter Kiss not to improve. That kid has too much desire and I'll bet he's working his ass off right now that he saw what the Big 10 was all about. Carter could be a real wildcard for us as well as a post up guy.

We lost a little depth with Gene but I'm over that. One more player like Wur and roll the last ship into 2020; and this is the year we get to post season and start rolling from there.

lol, do I get dual credit for having several dozen knee dislocations/subluxations, 3 knee surgeries, AND about a dozen shoulder dislocations/subluxations (2 full out of socket, a bunch of slips)?

Yeah, joints are fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT