ADVERTISEMENT

How has Baylor lost 5 games?

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Watching them close to dominate Kansas in the first half. Their backcourt is unbelievably good - fast, athletic and great shooters - and their inside guys are pretty good too. I'm not saying they should be #1, but I can't figure out how they lost 5, so far. Sure, Iowa State, TCU and KSU are all very good teams, but surprised they lost those 3 in a row. And I did see them get annihilated by Marquette, which I guess was a wtf game. I don't follow them that closely - were there injury issues? They will be a very tough out in the tourney.

They've played seven games against the KenPom top 20. Even really good teams are going to pick up losses playing a schedule like that. Their only loss outside the top 20 was an overtime loss to #26 Kansas State. And they've beaten Kansas, Gonzaga, and UCLA.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I watched Virginia Tech beat Duke last night. There was an amazing amount of talent on the court. I'm not sure anyone but maybe McConnell would break into their starting line-ups and that is only because McConnell doesn't need the ball to impact the game. On a neutral court, I believe we'd be favored over both teams.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I watched Virginia Tech beat Duke last night. There was an amazing amount of talent on the court. I'm not sure anyone but maybe McConnell would break into their starting line-ups and that is only because McConnell doesn't need the ball to impact the game. On a neutral court, I believe we'd be favored over both teams.
Why do Rutgers fans continue to overvalue other teams while undervaluing the quality of our talent?

It's more than just talent. Talent is only a tiny part of the overall story. The story is complete once you add coaching, schemes, development, and commitment. Rutgers does well in all categories compared to Va. Tech and Duke. Don't underestimate guys like Cliff or Mag. Hell, Hyatt started on a stacked LSU team.

Reactions: shields
Why do Rutgers fans continue to overvalue other teams while undervaluing the quality of our talent?

It's more than just talent. Talent is only a tiny part of the overall story. The story is complete once you add coaching, schemes, development, and commitment. Rutgers does well in all categories compared to Va. Tech and Duke. Don't underestimate guys like Cliff or Mag. Hell, Hyatt started on a stacked LSU team.
If a VT team that entered the game 1-7 in conference play in a weaker-than-B1G ACC would have no room in their starting lineup for any Rutgers guys, then Pike is a FAR FAR better coach than VT's guy.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT