ADVERTISEMENT

How many seats should RU remove from football stadium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUB1GTEN

Redshirt
May 3, 2024
To save us the embarrassment of thousands of empty seats being shown on TV every Saturday, not to mention the fake “sellouts” announced by the athletic department, Rutgers clearly needs to start removing seats from SHI Stadium.

How many does everyone think RU should take out? I think 5,000 makes sense.

To save us the embarrassment of thousands of empty seats being shown on TV every Saturday, not to mention the fake “sellouts” announced by the athletic department, Rutgers clearly needs to start removing seats from SHI Stadium.

How many does everyone think RU should take out? I think 5,000 makes sense.
Troll Alert!!!!
Troll Alert!!!!

Better question is what and when should be done to refurb the stadium
IMO...

Suites - sideline that doesn't have them
Chairbacks or seats for the entire stadium
Remove the walkway between rows 10-11 in the lower level
Regrade the field to make it even on both sides, or add in an endzone lounge like they had a the spring game (similar to Foxboro)

• Haha
Reactions: RUB1GTEN
Better question is what and when should be done to refurb the stadium
IMO...

Suites - sideline that doesn't have them
Chairbacks or seats for the entire stadium
Remove the walkway between rows 10-11 in the lower level
Regrade the field to make it even on both sides, or add in an endzone lounge like they had a the spring game (similar to Foxboro)
Chairbacks are a huge need. Even UConn has them.

As a Maryland, I have no room to comment.

However, I kind of laugh at arenas that have seats tarped off or completely removed. If a program wants to hide low attendance, that isn't getting it done...

Reactions: megadrone
As a Maryland, I have no room to comment.

However, I kind of laugh at arenas that have seats tarped off or completely removed. If a program wants to hide low attendance, that isn't getting it done...
Looking at Temple? I think Temple only opens the lower bowl and doesn't tarp -- that reminds me of the '93 season at Giants Stadium. 30K in a 75K stadium. Fortunately most games weren't televised. If only Temple could have built the on campus stadium they proposed about 10 years ago, it would have been more optimally sized.

Worst still has to be the Oakland A's -- the last couple of years they would have to tarp the entire stadium! mostly in contempt of John Fisher....

Reactions: Scarlettplumber
Looking at Temple? I think Temple only opens the lower bowl and doesn't tarp -- that reminds me of the '93 season at Giants Stadium. 30K in a 75K stadium. Fortunately most games weren't televised. If only Temple could have built the on campus stadium they proposed about 10 years ago, it would have been more optimally sized.

Worst still has to be the Oakland A's -- the last couple of years they would have to tarp the entire stadium! mostly in contempt of John Fisher....
Yeah, maybe I'm wrong about the tarps. Ha ha, maybe we need "Terp Tarps" in College Park...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT