ADVERTISEMENT

I see that Naz Reid had a home visit from John Calapari on Friday.

they are and haven't offered him yet. i believe if he stays close to home like he would love to do. he ends up at SHU or SJU. the only thing that trumps that is if he receives a UNC offer. I love that the staff is chasing him but our chances are very slim.

they are and haven't offered him yet. i believe if he stays close to home like he would love to do. he ends up at SHU or SJU. the only thing that trumps that is if he receives a UNC offer. I love that the staff is chasing him but our chances are very slim.
Why wouldn't he come to RU if he stays home?

Reid is not a realistic target for RU SHU and SJU is getting token mention or interest by Reid now....the only hope was Reid continued to play lax and inconsistent and fell further in the rankings to perhaps a spot where the Kentucky passed.....Reid has two monster games and one was where Kentucky's HC was in attendance and the mention of "wanting a Kentucky offer", pretty much gave most schools an indication that he was Kentucky's to lose when they do offer.

Reid would instantly star at any of the 3 local programs, but doesn't have the motor right now on a consistent basis to lead a program as their best player.....at Kentucky, he can play among other great players and get pushed by a coach that will make him work or limit his minutes and playing time when he doesn't.....Reid is not going to make or break Kentucky's program and not all of their Top recruits develop at the same time as well......at most programs, Reid would be the best player and is very difficult to push forward when he has very lax play and coasts through games like he typically does.

I've only heard that he wants to stay local, but I don't think it's as big of a must have as it was 6-8 months ago.

NewJerseyHawk,
Reid is very much a realistic target for SHU and SJU. His relationship with Holloway and he really likes Willard is why. I coach in the SportsU program and have been around those kids since 7th grade. SHU is very realistic more so than SJU but they are both options

Reactions: shupat08
not gonna hold my breathe. Think hes just giving us the time of day.

Kentucky still not offering him while he waits on demand is a bad look. Shows how important they feel he is to their team. Keeping him on the back burner

eventually one of these is going to go Pikiell's way - it may be a sleeper - or a talked-about potential star - but it will happen - Pikiell - when it comes to the building process, Pikiell is a relentless grinder - probably not inclined to produce over-night sensations - but the pieces are going to come together.

Reactions: MV9000
eventually one of these is going to go Pikiell's way - it may be a sleeper - or a talked-about potential star - but it will happen - Pikiell - when it comes to the building process, Pikiell is a relentless grinder - probably not inclined to produce over-night sensations - but the pieces are going to come together.

Agreed. (K)night and day couldnt be more true. Theyre legit getting names in the door that probably never give our prior coaches the time of day. People know Pike is legit. Only a matter of time and maybe facilities being completed until we start landing higher touted guys.

I wish Corey was out recruiting via social media etc.

I see a lot of Home Visits taking place for 2018 recruits. I thought home visits typically occur in close proximity to the actual signing period, which is in the Fall.

Are the rules different from Football ? In football, I thought Head Coaches were limited to one Home Visit per recruit.

Well at least we are still in it for Reid. A few months ago Jerry Carino thought he wanted to stay local between SHU, SJU and RU and he thought RU was in the lead. He could have been wrong and a lot could have changed since that time so we will have to wait and see.

Call me crazy, but when I hear about a player lacking a motor, I'll pass.

You aren't crazy at all; as the old saying goes- it's easier to tame a lion than rouse a sheep. I think "lacking a motor" can be subjective, however. There are some athletes that have a certain type of athleticism that I think can seem "effortless" or "urgency" but it's a point of style & personality - Jeff Greer, Dane Miller, Bernie Williams (baseball player) all come to mind immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT