ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern

off one great game in limited minutes?

maybe if you believe in such volatility in the starting lineup. Maybe if I am Pike I bring in Caleb for a heart-to-heart and give him the RED light on shooting like others might get a green light. If he takes that well and can do it for a half.. I think he'd show he got the message and then the red light can be lifted. If he takes it very poorly bring him in off the bench and start Mag. If Caleb brought up his assists and took fewer shots and increased his shooting percentage we couldn't even entertain this idea. His quick trigger and bad shooting is exactly why people were screaming to bench Mulcahy in the early season.
He started earlier in the year and played well before his injury. That plus consistent slow starts and you can make the case to switch the starting lineup slightly

I feel the opposite. We'll stink for 30 minutes and then the comeback will fall short. Honestly, if this game is tied with 5 minutes left, I'd be shocked if we lost. As Bac has pointed out, Northwestern is a good team that has trouble closing. Even in their win at MSU, they didn't do anything heroic in the end, other than survive the refs blatant attempts to hand the game to MSU.

A school of thought can be that NW gets up for the big games and not so much for a lesser like Rutgers...its interesting many are picking against RU which almost guarantees the opposite will happen

A school of thought can be that NW gets up for the big games and not so much for a lesser like Rutgers...its interesting many are picking against RU which almost guarantees the opposite will happen
Interesting thought. They were tuned up emotionally last game vs. Illinois. Atmosphere was insane in there with a bunch of home fans and Illini fans. Will they match the same intensity for us? Bottom line is that we need to raise our level of intensity on the road so they have to match us.

Some may be pulling a Costanza on their pick of RU to lose.

Staying on the road after the Nebraska game was a good move. Breaking the routine … our guys will be rested and ready against NW.

Reactions: MV9000 and Scangg
Think we have a much better game at NW than Nebraska. We flew into Nebraska the night before and had a noon game. Hard to do. We won, albeit ugly.

They’ve been in Chicago for a few days should be well rested and ready to go.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT