ADVERTISEMENT

Before anyone EVER kills Steve on OOC again …consider this

Scarlet Shack

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
On March 10th

In the top 100…there are 2 teams who played 16 quad one games

Then there are 4 or 5 other teams who played 15 quad one games …and we are one of them

I’ll be the first to tell you that this is probably over exaggerated , and I think the net ranking are flawed.

But it’s the current metric …and just like the metrics can underestimate your schedule one year and then over estimated then in another …you can only make an educated guess on what you schedule make make your metrics look like on selection Sunday based on what you think the teams you will schedule will be at the end of their year

As long as we are playing 20 big ten game and 3 or 4 other power 6 games OOC, it’s fine .

The committee really , I think , beat us up a bit unnecessarily last year , even though we played two ACC and one BE team and one decent mid major . Steve even said it was probably one game short .

Let’s focus on winning more of these games and complaining about the schedule .

And do NOT overscheduke in 2024-2025. Vegas tourney …thumbs up. Add the ball at home , a decent buy game at the RAC for a mid major and 6 cup cakes and call it a day …

We will have a lot of plane rides with the schedule …and a young team….thar we want fresh and ready to go in March next year ….

On March 10th

In the top 100…there are 2 teams who played 16 quad one games

Then there are 4 or 5 other teams who played 15 quad one games …and we are one of them

I’ll be the first to tell you that this is probably over exaggerated , and I think the net ranking are flawed.

But it’s the current metric …and just like the metrics can underestimate your schedule one year and then over estimated then in another …you can only make an educated guess on what you schedule make make your metrics look like on selection Sunday based on what you think the teams you will schedule will be at the end of their year

As long as we are playing 20 big ten game and 3 or 4 other power 6 games OOC, it’s fine .

The committee really , I think , beat us up a bit unnecessarily last year , even though we played two ACC and one BE team and one decent mid major . Steve even said it was probably one game short .

Let’s focus on winning more of these games and complaining about the schedule .

And do NOT overscheduke in 2024-2025. Vegas tourney …thumbs up. Add the ball at home , a decent buy game at the RAC for a mid major and 6 cup cakes and call it a day …

We will have a lot of plane rides with the schedule …and a young team….thar we want fresh and ready to go in March next year ….
+1

Also don't schedule two of the worst teams in America (e.g., Stonehill AND LIU). One is fine, upgrade the other to a team in the 200s.

Is the Vegas Tourney 3 games or 2 games? I’m presuming it’s 3 games given there’s 8 teams.

I figured Rutgers might take on some more high-profile games with the recruiting class they have coming in next year. Usually teams like to showcase things like that.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Next year if we don’t get 2-3 games in MSG then it’s a flop. Barclays too, Duke and Kentucky play their every year. Instant recruiting NYC

That and the loss against Ohio State which should have been a win because of the bad referee call to end the game.
Manasquan is the only team to have thier season ruined by last second
horrible reffing!!

It’s always about something when it comes to Rutgers. Do we have anyone on selection committees who is even remotely connected to Rutgers that might be in our corner when decisions are made? I doubt it. The same can be said for officials referee-ing our games. The margin of error for Rutgers is always less than paper thin.

Exactly 10 teams with 15 Q1s or more,

#1 Houston 16 Q1s, 13-3, 3 OOC, 13 Big12, NET SOS 16
#2 Purdue, Q1 11-3(Wisc), 5 OOC, 10 B1G, NET SOS 6
#14 Baylor 17 Q1s, 9-8, 4 OOC, 13 Big12, NET SOS 2
#13 Marquette 15 Q1s, 8-7, 5 OOC, 10 BE, NET SOS 7
#18 Kansas 15 Q1s, 7-8, 4 OOC, 11 Big12, NET SOS 1
#43 Oklahoma 15 Q1s, 4-11, 1 OOC, 14 Big12, SOS 22, OOC 267
#66 Butler 15 Q1s, 4-11, 4 OOC, 11 BE, NET SOS 10
#127 Michigan 16 Q1s, 3-13, 4 OOC 12 B1G, SOS 3
#93 Rutgers 15 Q1s, 3-12, 4 OOC, 11 B1G, SOS 14, OOC 150
#322 Depaul 15 Q1s, 0-15, 3 OOC, 12 BE, SOS 8

Next year if we don’t get 2-3 games in MSG then it’s a flop. Barclays too, Duke and Kentucky play their every year. Instant recruiting NYC
I agree strongly Rutgers should play at least one game per season at Madison Square Garden. Whether it counts as a home game or a neutral site game shouldn't matter.

A basketball player from Edison, Karl-Anthony Towns, was interviewed on Bloomberg radio on Friday. Karl-Anthony was asked about Madison Square Garden. He described it as the "Mecca," calls it "second to none," and explains how when he as kid with his mom seeing MSG he promised her he would play there some day.

For those who don't know Karl-Anthony, he has a strong basketball resume:
- Gatorade New Jersey Player of the Year, 2014
- Gatorade National Player of the Year, 2014
- SEC Freshman of the Year, 2015
- First overall pick, NBA Draft, 2015
- Minnesota Timberwolves 8-year scoring average of 23 points per game

Karl-Anthony's remarks on MSG run from 30:30 to 31:50.

I agree strongly Rutgers should play at least one game per season at Madison Square Garden. Whether it counts as a home game or a neutral site game shouldn't matter.

A basketball player from Edison, Karl-Anthony Towns, was interviewed on Bloomberg radio on Friday. Karl-Anthony was asked about Madison Square Garden. He described it as the "Mecca," calls it "second to none," and explains how when he as kid with his mom seeing MSG he promised her he would play there some day.

Spit my water out at “for those who don’t know Karl-Anthony…” lol

• Haha
Reactions: cm_13

Never heard of him. Heard of a Carmelo Anthony a while back…he lost to Rutgers once.

Reactions: RUDave_01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT