ADVERTISEMENT

I think Chris Ash is going to be a combo of Bill Parcells/Vince Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Eight months ago, I stated I NEVER would have hired Chris Ash. Thankfully, I'm a lot smarter now, than I was six months ago, and my cupeth is filleth with the Chris Ash Kool Aid. But to be fair, there were legitimate reasons to be concerned, namely: "Why change the template that had worked so successfully for us over 15 years". We were a pro style shop and the transition to the spread seemed daunting, at the time.

But now that we are here, eight months later, one cannot help but be impressed with the results:
  • Players are in FANTASTIC physical shape
  • Hale Center looks GREAT
  • The programs INTENSITY has picked up several notches
  • The recruiting class looks AMAZING
My take on Chris Ash is that he is tough, fair, intense, and he's got a presence about him, an aura, if you will. These are the characteristics which Ash has in common with Parcells and Lombardi, both of whom were college coaches in the NY area. Hobbs hired a football coach that was an image of himself, and in doing so, he hit a Grand Slam. Obviously his national championship ring gives him much credibility, and with that, he is the most accomplished coach we've ever hired.

Not sure whether he is detailed yet, as i still have to check whether he's changed his Ohio license plates. But we can see evidence of that in his insistence on proper nutrition and hydration and obtaining the appropriate resources to accomplish this.

If we can keep Chris Ash over the long haul, there's no doubt in my mind, that one day commuters will be traveling to the Chris Ash Park and Ride to Work.

Honestly Ash reminds me Dantonio/Belechik personality wise. He never seems to smile, he has a sort of insane look on his face.

He is a stern taskmaster it seems, has a great work ethic, and seems very smart.

I am not saying he's going to have their success, but he just seems like that grouchy guy you love.

He is not Durkin/Harbaugh crazy happy intensity.

I think it is funny how MD has allied itself with Michigan and Rutgers with Ohio State. Michigan raids NJ and Ohio State raids the DMV.

This is so much fun.

Nothing wrong with fantasizing as long as it doesn't become your reality. I think 90% of the people on this board understand that this could be a very tough year as far as wins and losses, but Ash has shown some potential in his very brief time as the head of the program.

He is far to fun to be like those guys. They are relics now. Kids don't respond that stuff anymore. You need to be able to joke around with them while being serious when you need be.

Neither of those guys would have been busting balls on Twitter.

The 2018-20 period will be the time when he really stands out,as Saturn enters his Sun sign of Capricorn.Things could be tough for a while as we dry out from the Flood,but better days are coming.

biDFHU0.gif

Nothing wrong with fantasizing as long as it doesn't become your reality. I think 90% of the people on this board understand that this could be a very tough year as far as wins and losses, but Ash has shown some potential in his very brief time as the head of the program.
For starters I'll be happy to see the ''03-05'' Schiano years where we saw the possibilities coming but HCCA didn't have to start from scratch.....5-7 6-6 years for starters with increased depth and talent we see things we never thought possible 16 yrs ago post Shea !!

Eight months ago, I stated I NEVER would have hired Chris Ash. Thankfully, I'm a lot smarter now, than I was six months ago, and my cupeth is filleth with the Chris Ash Kool Aid. But to be fair, there were legitimate reasons to be concerned, namely: "Why change the template that had worked so successfully for us over 15 years". We were a pro style shop and the transition to the spread seemed daunting, at the time.

But now that we are here, eight months later, one cannot help but be impressed with the results:
My take on Chris Ash is that he is tough, fair, intense, and he's got a presence about him, an aura, if you will. These are the characteristics which Ash has in common with Parcells and Lombardi, both of whom were college coaches in the NY area. Hobbs hired a football coach that was an image of himself, and in doing so, he hit a Grand Slam. Obviously his national championship ring gives him much credibility, and with that, he is the most accomplished coach we've ever hired.

Not sure whether he is detailed yet, as i still have to check whether he's changed his Ohio license plates. But we can see evidence of that in his insistence on proper nutrition and hydration and obtaining the appropriate resources to accomplish this.

If we can keep Chris Ash over the long haul, there's no doubt in my mind, that one day commuters will be traveling to the Chris Ash Park and Ride to Work.

I think RutgersAl is going to be a combo of Kool-Aid Man/Glass is Half-Full Guy

Hahaha

Classic

• Haha
Reactions: newell138

Now you've stepped over the line! LOL

sunshine is delusionAL for a reason! From the endless upset alerts that never happen, to the swooning over every unproven QB who comes to RU, to likening coaches to whomever the hot coach is at the time…it is an unending gift.

I suspect the new qb will remind sunshine of Purdy or Mahomes any time now! 😆😵‍💫🤭

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Actually- both plum and NJG have now bumped threads from 2016 and 2017 only to troll on a specific posted.
That is against board rules and shows the maturity levels…
Please cite the board rule. And I will follow the rules . What is this second grade and you gonna tattle to the teachers ??

Why not be angry with the terrible take on things ? Don’t hate on people that call out the bad takes . If I get something wrong, call me out on it. Accountability is key

Actually- both plum and NJG have now bumped threads from 2016 and 2017 only to troll on a specific posted.
Lol seriously? Replying to threads that were started by the biggest troll on this site - at least one of which was him trolling to start with - and your crying about people replying to them?

Posters don't have the right to consistently post crap on here and then cry about it when people remind them of it.

Lol seriously? Replying to threads that were started by the biggest troll on this site - at least one of which was him trolling to start with - and your crying about people replying to them?

Posters don't have the right to consistently post crap on here and then cry about it when people remind them of it.
Exactly !! People aren’t supposed to respond to ridiculous posts ? Is there a statute of limitations ?
It’s a message board , people discuss . Bad takes get called out. There should be no problem with that.
Hell, I blew a prediction yesterday In the hoops game . It was a bad take. I wouldn’t say otherwise

Ya know Back to the Future always had a good ending, is that why we have ventured here.

Why so sensitive?

I woke up this morning and read another thread from Friday where the poster linked this RutgersAl classic take.

I pressed on the link, laughed and responded to Al and laughed at him.

Stop being such a washerwoman

This is right up there with the Ash will be Parcells/Lombardi post Al made or the 2019 post where he clamed Rutgers could win the Big Ten only to go 0-9 in conference. I guess Surace is this years' Braithwaite who Al claimed would have instant impact and leave with all the records.

Reactions: newell138

Mwhahahahahahhahaahahahahahhaaas

That's classic comedy :)

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Exactly !! People aren’t supposed to respond to ridiculous posts ? Is there a statute of limitations ?
It’s a message board , people discuss . Bad takes get called out. There should be no problem with that.
Hell, I blew a prediction yesterday In the hoops game . It was a bad take. I wouldn’t say otherwise
This also gives other, more current posts some context. Some will attack posters who mock al's ridiculously over the top predictions, and say it is terrible to do this since he is a positive fan. As positive as al may be, we can see that many (most, wait, maybe all) of his posts do not come close to coming to fruition. That's OK. Al remains optimistic, and it is great to have such unbridled optimism in the fan base. Would rather have 1,000 als versus some of the haters who never seem to see anything here in a positive light. Just don't bet the farm, or even the cow turd on the farm on his predictions. Let the readers be warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT