ADVERTISEMENT

I think we should pursue EJ Warner (Temple)

One of the keys for next season is the bumper crop of red shirted freshmen OL start to make contributions. One began this season. If it doesn't happen, you all are spending way too much time on the QB.
Most won't hit the two deep until the following season ('24). Maybe two will make next year's two deep. And two years from signing was the expectation not one year.

One of the keys for next season is the bumper crop of red shirted freshmen OL start to make contributions. One began this season. If it doesn't happen, you all are spending way too much time on the QB.
So true.

Yeah, cause nobody else ever mentions how much our own QB sucks. Again, reading comprehension is a real problem for you. OL sucks. WRs suck (except for Ryan). When/who you going to throw to with no protection and nobody open, genius. Kind, my ass. Dipshit. You are on ignore.
Our OL doesn't suck and neither do our receivers, they are better players than the QB. With the right QB we would have won 6, maybe 7 games this year with those OL and receiver groups. You can't catch a ball thrown 6 feet over your head, I don't care if you are Jerry Rice.

Disagree. Especially about not even making the two deep.
They need two years of S&C to be ready.

Asamoah is the only one guaranteed to be on the two deep next season and he got pushed around a bit when he played.

Then factor in several were raw and several were dealing with injuries that set back their development.

As of now, you have 7 returning two deep OL including Asamoah. Reggie Sutton missed the while year rehabbing from injury so that could be number 8. And RU is looking for OL help in the portal.

Where are those soon to be redshirt freshman cracking the two deep?

Yeah, cause nobody else ever mentions how much our own QB sucks. Again, reading comprehension is a real problem for you. OL sucks. WRs suck (except for Ryan). When/who you going to throw to with no protection and nobody open, genius. Kind, my ass. Dipshit. You are on ignore.

Dude, Wimsatt was throwing passes 10 feet above wide open wide receivers 6 yards out

Many times

I sincerely hope it was nerves, and game speed, and mechanics issues — but blaming it all on WR & OL is just not objective. Especially to call someone a dipshit

It was certainly an amalgam of issues, so you’re right about that. My point is EJ Warner hits that pass above, 9 out of 10 times. The pass you HAVE to make. GW couldn’t, which blew my mind

I think GW can work out the kinks, he certainly has immeasurable talent — but we also have to objectively evaluate the body of work. And if a top QB prospect (whether EJ or someone else) would consider coming here, GS and company should be open to it

Wimsatt deserves one more off season program (his third) to see if they can improve his accuracy issues. If he starts next year and still struggles then it is actually very selfish of Schiano and his staff to keep playing him as a QB. Wimsatt has the physical attributes to play at the next level at another position than QB, it would be in his best interest to move and learn that position as soon as it becomes apparent that he will not be successful at the QB position.
He definitely deserves a chance to succeed, but if a miracle happens and we sign a young gunslinger who outplays Wimsatt or catch lightning in a bottle with another QB recruit he’s going to be holding the clipboard.

This infatuation with Warner on this board is weird. I admit that I only watched Temple in the RU game, but in that game there were at least 2 dropped INTs that he threw right into the hands of DBs.

From the stats for the rest of the year, it looks like they did a good job of calling plays to his strengths. To me he's no better than Simon, but he had a better offensive coordinator.
Say what’s you want, at least Temple is still not trying to figure out who starting at QB EJ threw fir over 3000 yard in his freshmen year, which one of our QB could do that playing at Temple.

He definitely deserves a chance to succeed, but if a miracle happens and we sign a young gunslinger who outplays Wimsatt or catch lightning in a bottle with another QB recruit he’s going to be holding the clipboard.
Deserve a chance this is the Big 10, Michigan change their QB who won a Big 10 championship and we talking about someone deserving a chance,SMH

Our OL doesn't suck and neither do our receivers, they are better players than the QB. With the right QB we would have won 6, maybe 7 games this year with those OL and receiver groups. You can't catch a ball thrown 6 feet over your head, I don't care if you are Jerry Rice.
Yep, our receivers sure did gain a lot of separation this year. "Suck" is way too harsh a term; let's just say "considerably less than elite".

They need two years of S&C to be ready.

Asamoah is the only one guaranteed to be on the two deep next season and he got pushed around a bit when he played.

Then factor in several were raw and several were dealing with injuries that set back their development.

As of now, you have 7 returning two deep OL including Asamoah. Reggie Sutton missed the while year rehabbing from injury so that could be number 8. And RU is looking for OL help in the portal.

Where are those soon to be redshirt freshman cracking the two deep?

I would hope Allen and possibly White to join Assmoah on the two deep. Now if a DiRenzo (none of the others) comes via the portal things could change.

Reactions: Kbee3
Say what’s you want, at least Temple is still not trying to figure out who starting at QB EJ threw fir over 3000 yard in his freshmen year, which one of our QB could do that playing at Temple.
Temple was ranked second to last in offense in the American. The American. But let's golf clap for "winning" in the yards passed statistics. WTF is wrong with some of our fans?

Let's play a game. Take EJ Warner's passing yards/stats vs Cincinnati, a B1G like defense, and multiply by 12.

Thats' 2004 yards, 0 TDs and 24 INTs. See what happens when there is a step up in competition?

As to the 3000 yards--yes, he started and competed in 12 full games. He had 443 passing attempts.

Gavin had 1/3 the number of attempts and 757 yards. Multiply that by 3, and that's 2271 yards.

This discussion is ridiculous.

I would hope Allen and possibly White to join Assmoah on the two deep. Now if a DiRenzo (none of the others) comes via the portal things could change.
Allen came in injured (shoulder) which caused him to miss the AA game. Then got hurt again this year, not sure how many were aware of that here. He's not really been able to do much since he got to RU.

Now a guy like Bisontis would be a different story. He's already built like a P5 OL. So he likely would make the two deep as a true freshman if he's an early enrollee. However, RU isn't in a position to land those type of recruits right now.

• Sad
Reactions: RUinPAC10land
Allen came in injured (shoulder) which caused him to miss the AA game. Then got hurt again this year, not sure how many were aware of that here. He's not really been able to do much since he got to RU.

Now a guy like Bisontis would be a different story. He's already built like a P5 OL. So he likely would make the two deep as a true freshman if he's an early enrollee. However, RU isn't in a position to land those type of recruits right now.
I wasn't aware of Allen getting hurt again this year. How could I have missed that ?
That certainly has to slow his development.

Temple was ranked second to last in offense in the American. The American. But let's golf clap for "winning" in the yards passed statistics. WTF is wrong with some of our fans?

Let's play a game. Take EJ Warner's passing yards/stats vs Cincinnati, a B1G like defense, and multiply by 12.

Thats' 2004 yards, 0 TDs and 24 INTs. See what happens when there is a step up in competition?

As to the 3000 yards--yes, he started and competed in 12 full games. He had 443 passing attempts.

Gavin had 1/3 the number of attempts and 757 yards. Multiply that by 3, and that's 2271 yards.

You are just talking to talk. In the Cincy game you are referring to Warner had a tough day, with three OL out and he still threw at a 58% completion rate. That was his worst game out of his last 5 starts and he had a 58% completion rate. Wimsatt completes his passes at a 44% clip. There is simply no comparison. If Warner had our line, receivers, and backs versus Cincy his #s would have been gaudy, play that game. This kid will likely throw close to 4,000 yards next year. I don't give a sh!t about Temple, I just want to win now at Rutgers, not 3, 4, 5 years from now, and when you have a kid sitting at a G5 school an hour away from campus that can make that happen there ought to be a way to get him over here.

EJ just has IT. It doesn't matter if he plays at Temple or Alabama. Better for the kid to stay at Temple than ruin his career at Rutgers under this high school coaching staff

Reactions: RAM69
Heard him on WPHT 1210 am at halftime of the Temple vs. St. Joe's game. Very extensive interview where he said he's looking forward to continuing the chemistry he had with Jose Barbon (a senior who has a year of eligibility remaining), Purdue transfer Amad Anderson and Michigan State transfer Nate Stewart, calling them "my guys." He's not going anywhere.

Well he will play A Big 10 defense in Sept, lets see what his stats are then.

Well he will play A Big 10 defense in Sept, lets see what his stats are then.
200w.gif

This infatuation with Warner on this board is weird. I admit that I only watched Temple in the RU game, but in that game there were at least 2 dropped INTs that he threw right into the hands of DBs.

From the stats for the rest of the year, it looks like they did a good job of calling plays to his strengths. To me he's no better than Simon, but he had a better offensive coordinator.
Let's go after their OC. Perhaps this OC can bring his "luggage" with him to RU. (Google Deion Sander's viral speech at Colorado if you don't know what I am talking about.)

And Wimsatt hits Alaimo on the money and he drops the ball. Tight ends stink.

100%

The contrarians haven’t seen him play outside of his very first start against us … as a true freshman with a horrible line against a B1G defense. And he was still better than our options

Like you said, I don’t buy the noise that anyone’s untouchable either. Kurt and Schiano both have deep media ties, both in broadcasting. EJ Warner may want a bigger stage and F.A.M.I.L.Y. is very important to his family
Kurt Warner is a devout Christian as is Schiano there could be something that could be an interesting factor as well.

No more excuses. Need to land a competent QB via portal. Need competition with Wimsatt. Only landed Vedral in portal when GS started which was understandable. A decent QB can also cover a lot of warts.

Could RU use EJ Warner in the mix at QB in 2023?
if not him , need someone to give Wimsatt competition for the starting QB spot and be game ready to replace him.
EJ had nice passing stats for 2022, only concern is the 12 int he gave and not sure if he
has the wheels to be anything but a pro set QB ( going by 16 att for -50 yards , but only sacked 8 times)
Simon didn't prove he could be a prime time player but neither did Gavin in 2022 and can't rely on Ajani Sheppard to step up as a true freshman proving he's ready for top spot in 2023

So EJ might be a welcome addition , but not one counted on being starting material any more then Evan, Ajani or Gavin until he can prove better then the rest with the type of Ben Gazzara protection the RU OL seems to give

You need to watch his games against 7-5 Houston and 7-5 ECU then

527 yards, 5 TDs against a bowl team. His field presence, accuracy, football IQ is off the charts. Stuff you can’t teach

First conference Rookie of the Year ever for Temple. And he broke Temple’s record for most yards in a season. More than PJ Walker, Russo, etc…

Maybe GW gets there, but when you see it in your own backyard — I just think you have to at least think about it in today’s transfer climate
Are you his agent? LOL

Doesn't he have to enter the portal first?
Bumping from last year

EJ Warner is in the portal now…

2023 Stats:
3000 yards
23 tds
12 ints
Behind a bad OLine

Would love to see what he can do with a Pat Flaherty OLine, great running backs (who can block), and Kirk/Brock QB development

He’s just down the road… and his family isn’t hurting for mega NIL money… just saying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT