ADVERTISEMENT

I will eat crow as Rutgers gets their most impactful Big 10 victory ever

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
and its delicious and humiliating all in one tasty dish.

Some of us guilty of piling on after halftime and 24-6. Kudos to the believers that never gave up hope even at the darkest moments and especially to those who actually stayed the whole game in the miserable rain. You were rewarded with a chopping performance of a lifetime. This game will be written in the history. This would be the type of game that RU would lose at home over the past 30 years after having lead. Not as dramatic as Va Tech homecoming wins but one of the most unlikable 4th quarter comebacks you will ever see. Sometimes the ball bounces the right way eventually and RU seized that opportunity and then Kyle Monangai was off the races. Literally running and bowling over Sparty and basically running the clock out.

Rutgers does not play pretty and its seems the way they win is unorthodox but it is working. 5-2 and on the precipice of becoming bowl eligible. Chop, chop, chop. RU showed incredible pluck this afternoon. I have been hesistant to post much this year, burned too many times by fast starts before but its time to stop being a negative shitbag. Bad takes are easy to make but you look like a fool when you do not have faith. More than to admit that the season has been very successful and is headed towards something special. Nothing is perfect on this team but at the end of the day despite the defeciencies the team continues to win and that is all that counts at the end of the day. Such a fine line, RU was within a Sparty converted punt from seeing its season spiral down the drain but here we are. Its crow eating time for many of us but make no mistake its celebration time for all of Rutgers Nation.

eat-crow-300x336.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I noticed it just seemed like Sparty came in here with a gameplan and took it to RU dominating them. Then their drive to start the 2nd half putting them up 24-6 was just so impressive and I was left wondering where is the RU toughness. I think even the most optimistic fan at that point had to say nothing was going right, RU couldnt get out of its own way, was being penalized out the wazoo (call it hosed by the refs) and could not generate any spark on offense. So I still do think Sparty dominated for 3rd quarter, what Greg does bring to the table as coach that goes beyond Xs and Os is the belief that you can keep choppin. Seen it time and time again and its a 60 minute. If it was 3 quarters, Sparty goes home feeling great and Rutgers is in the shitter. Once RU got that spark on the punt mishap, it found its toughness and you knew they were going to win that game.

Reactions: Bagarocks

Some of us guilty of piling on after halftime and 24-6. Kudos to the believers that never gave up hope even at the darkest moments and especially to those who actually stayed the whole game in the miserable rain. You were rewarded with a chopping performance of a lifetime. This game will be written in the history. This would be the type of game that RU would lose at home over the past 30 years after having lead. Not as dramatic as Va Tech homecoming wins but one of the most unlikable 4th quarter comebacks you will ever see. Sometimes the ball bounces the right way eventually and RU seized that opportunity and then Kyle Monangai was off the races. Literally running and bowling over Sparty and basically running the clock out.

Rutgers does not play pretty and its seems the way they win is unorthodox but it is working. 5-2 and on the precipice of becoming bowl eligible. Chop, chop, chop. RU showed incredible pluck this afternoon. I have been hesistant to post much this year, burned too many times by fast starts before but its time to stop being a negative shitbag. Bad takes are easy to make but you look like a fool when you do not have faith. More than to admit that the season has been very successful and is headed towards something special. Nothing is perfect on this team but at the end of the day despite the defeciencies the team continues to win and that is all that counts at the end of the day. Such a fine line, RU was within a Sparty converted punt from seeing its season spiral down the drain but here we are. Its crow eating time for many of us but make no mistake its celebration time for all of Rutgers Nation.

eat-crow-300x336.jpg
Well said. I will add, although I didn't watch but listened while I was at a site doing work stuff and listening on an ear bud, RU seemed to come down and hammer the ball but stalled for two FGs. It seemed like they were in control after the first Sparty drive..then it went south....then it went WAAYYYY north!

eat-crow-300x336.jpg
I’ll have to share my recipe once I finish cooking it! 🤣

Reactions: redking
Shelby will self-impose a personal ban on Schiano bashing for at least a week. He attributes the great win to good luck, but as the saying goes you make your own luck. Players made big plays in critical moments.

He was happy for 2.0, who was visibly emotional at the end, and even happier for the players.

Reactions: RU at the shore
I have hounded BAC for decades now over his basketball-first mentality and his insatiable need to take shots at football and GS.. who he blames along with the late Bob Mulcahy for not investing in basketball when it was needed.

He'll deny it.. but he also knows it is true. He backs off when he'd look like an idiot for attacking success... but he is always lurking, waiting for his shot. Like a lot of Schiano haters in-general and those who hate Rutgers and Rutgers football.. and there are a lot of them.

But for BAC's case, at least he loves Rutgers Basketball.

Reactions: rutgersron
Good win
Puzzled why RU gave up the run so long in the rain when that's what finally won the game
RU was beating itself

I have hounded BAC for decades now over his basketball-first mentality and his insatiable need to take shots at football and GS.. who he blames along with the late Bob Mulcahy for not investing in basketball when it was needed.

He'll deny it.. but he also knows it is true. He backs off when he'd look like an idiot for attacking success... but he is always lurking, waiting for his shot. Like a lot of Schiano haters in-general and those who hate Rutgers and Rutgers football.. and there are a lot of them.

oh please I have had season tickets for 30 years now since I graduated and have missed less than 10 games

oh please I have had season tickets for 30 years now since I graduated and have missed less than 10 games
Everything I said is true.. you know it.. you have talked about lack of support for basketball and giving that support to football.. you said it.. I then applied those feelings to how you comment, negatively, about Rutgers football. It is all true.

Reactions: ru66

Nobody ever said it was easy to be a Rutgers fan

Indiana up next can get us bowl eligible. With how this season's schedule looked, being 6-2 after next week would be an incredibly good way to get through the first eight games.
We have heard others say we are the worst team in the big ten, either this year or other years

. Followed by articles calling our addition to the big ten as THE worst addition to ANY conference EVER

Every big ten win is gold for us

A direct repudiation of said statements
Winning flies in the face of remarks

This is not the same old Rutgers witness late game play in the Temple and VT games and now MSU, time for us fans to do a reset and exhibit more faith in a team that doesn't ever give up!

Bac is big on excuses /apologies and trying to cover up his constant overactions.

i was extremely pissed in the first half and put most of the blame on the refs and the OC. I was upset with the muffed punt, and I think we need to have someone else handle them, but other than that didn't call out any players. They all played as hard as they could, but poor play calling and the the refs continued to put us in bad position. A lot of things went against us in the first half and I thought it was just not our day. Miraculously everything went our way in the fourth and they pulled it out. This is a great group of players to root for, and I hope they beat the crap out of Indiana and the rest of the teams on our schedule. Kyle is our MVP this team on offense we're so lucky to have him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT