ADVERTISEMENT

ICYMI: Angelo Ferrari (younger brother of 2021 NCAA champ narrowed his Top 5 down

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reactions: RU at the shore
RU has been on his list from the start. That’s not true if all the teams on his list. Sure, it’s a long shot. But his interest is sincere.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
You forgot to add, what are the chances to start instantly the very first second he steps on a college mat. Advantage: RU!!!!
Virtually, every top recruit has had that opportunity at Rutgers. I'm just being realistic with expectations. I think all too often the kids that have had Jersey ties and time training at the RTC have felt an obligation to include Rutgers in their list. In this case, I'm happy to see him take his family elsewhere.

Interesting that Penn State isn’t being considered. But if that’s his list I don’t know why he’d choose anything but Iowa

What weight is he projected at?
His brother was 197/285

I see he is ranked at 165, is that realistic or is 174/184 more likely?

It is highly unlikely that Sanderson would go after a kid with questionable character. If you watched the recent Ironman and saw Angelo’s antics it is understandable why Cael doesn’t want him. He learned his lesson when he brought Long with him from Iowa State.

Iowa could be a good fit as Brands probably will keep him under control. He did a good job with DeSanto. We could have Richie Lewis drama if he comes to Rutgers.

Last edited:
It is highly unlikely that Sanderson would go after a kid with questionable character. If you watched the recent Ironman and saw Angelo’s antics it is understandable why Cael doesn’t want him. He learned his lesson when he brought Long with him from Iowa State.

Iowa could be a good fit as Brands probably will keep him under control. He did a good job with DeSanto. We could have Richie Lewis drama if he comes to Rutgers.
Is it that bad to have a victory celebration after a big win?? Some people do backflips.. some do cowboys finger gun... he did a flex.. it’s the off mat antics that’s worrisome and that was AJ not Angelo.. besides the recent drama Richie Lewis was a net positive on the mat for the program no?

You have to think that AJ's problem have been noted by his younger brother and he understands what is at stake. I thought the Family thought highly of the staff during his brothers recruitment.

I hardly think Ritchie Lewis spewing off on the Rutgers program equates to Ferrari lapping a car almost killing him and another person and brandishing a open magazine, AK 47 reciting some rappers bullshit. Not a good example. I dont Goody has that Brands ability to take the flawed personalities of the wrestling world and keep them under control, ala Camp. I still that was a damn shame that, that kid didn't live up to his potential.Sometime when the reasons you wrestle are because you come from a broken home, tends to wear off when you get to college, because the fanfare and tight knit community acts as a family is no longer there, you get to see if the athlete is a true lover of the sport, when it becomes a business and done strictly for the competition.I think Goody is starting to understand that with the recruiting process.Because he's gotten burned by recruiting or taking in these former great hs wrestlers who have shown burnout or disinterest at other institutions, thinking the second chance will rehabilitate them.Once you see that,for the most part, they are cooked.Very rarely do you see them make this drastic revamping of their career.Speaking of that, I think it is time to sit Turley for sometime, or have a real heart to heart talk to whether or not he wants to go on with his career.He could very well be content with his accomplishments, which are incredible.It doesn't help when he performs like that and every board member reminding him of his lackadaisical performances.I personally think he is just wrestling to save his pride and not for the passion of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DUForever
I hardly think Ritchie Lewis spewing off on the Rutgers program equates to Ferrari lapping a car almost killing him and another person and brandishing a open magazine, AK 47 reciting some rappers bullshit. Not a good example. I dont Goody has that Brands ability to take the flawed personalities of the wrestling world and keep them under control, ala Camp. I still that was a damn shame that, that kid didn't live up to his potential.Sometime when the reasons you wrestle are because you come from a broken home, tends to wear off when you get to college, because the fanfare and tight knit community acts as a family is no longer there, you get to see if the athlete is a true lover of the sport, when it becomes a business and done strictly for the competition.I think Goody is starting to understand that with the recruiting process.Because he's gotten burned by recruiting or taking in these former great hs wrestlers who have shown burnout or disinterest at other institutions, thinking the second chance will rehabilitate them.Once you see that,for the most part, they are cooked.Very rarely do you see them make this drastic revamping of their career.Speaking of that, I think it is time to sit Turley for sometime, or have a real heart to heart talk to whether or not he wants to go on with his career.He could very well be content with his accomplishments, which are incredible.It doesn't help when he performs like that and every board member reminding him of his lackadaisical performances.I personally think he is just wrestling to save his pride and not for the passion of it.
Turleys last two matches were good. He was taking good shots and finishing them. He said last week was his first full week of practice. Hoping he's starting to turn the corner.

Is it that bad to have a victory celebration after a big win?? Some people do backflips.. some do cowboys finger gun... he did a flex.. it’s the off mat antics that’s worrisome and that was AJ not Angelo.. besides the recent drama Richie Lewis was a net positive on the mat for the program no?
When you get the kid, you get the family. I have no inside info, but I'm willing to bet Cael doesn't want any part of that family.

When you get the kid, you get the family. I have no inside info, but I'm willing to bet Cael doesn't want any part of that family.
He doesn't have to. He'll just get the next 3 guys lined up behind Angelo. Year in and year out they practically get first dibs on the best kids. And if they aren't the best then they develop them into an elite wrestler. Whether it's partners or coaching. It's kind of like a monopoly at this point...

Reactions: koleszar
He doesn't have to. He'll just get the next 3 guys lined up behind Angelo. Year in and year out they practically get first dibs on the best kids. And if they aren't the best then they develop them into an elite wrestler. Whether it's partners or coaching. It's kind of like a monopoly at this point...
Yeah it’s apples and oranges. Penn State doesn’t blink at Angelo because does he move the needle for them? They’ll be 1 or 2 in the country with or without them. He’s way more of an impact recruit at literally any other school except maybe Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT