ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone was looking to buy- Rutgers Ultraboost on sale for $70

CranfordKnight

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2006
RUTGERS ULTRABOOST 1.0 SHOES

Rutgers_Ultraboost_1.0_Shoes_Black_IG5893_04_standard.jpg

I see they have a mesh top. I have a tendency to poke my big toe through the mesh over the months I wear them. Does anyone know if it is just a mesh fake covering or it's the whole piece? Thanks in advance.

I see they have a mesh top. I have a tendency to poke my big toe through the mesh over the months I wear them. Does anyone know if it is just a mesh fake covering or it's the whole piece? Thanks in advance.
I have worn these Boost shoes for years. It is a mesh top and I have the same issue as you with some models. It usually takes over a year to wear through (since its a thicker mesh) and by that time you will be ready for a new pair (and that means wearing them every day). Most sneakers "wear" out after a year anyway. The Boost cushion does last much longer. For $70 it's still worth it since this is a $190-$200 sneaker.

Reactions: Rhuarc
I have worn these Boost shoes for years. It is a mesh top and I have the same issue as you with some models. It usually takes over a year to wear through (since its a thicker mesh) and by that time you will be ready for a new pair (and that means wearing them every day). Most sneakers "wear" out after a year anyway. The Boost cushion does last much longer. For $70 it's still worth it since this is a $190-$200 sneaker.
Excellent feedback. I appreciate it and gonna get a pair.

Reactions: Section124
My son, who I just bought these for, has only worn Adidas Boosts for years. Like literally the only shoe he wears other than slides in summer or when he needs to dress up. This will. be his 4th pair, so he's getting a good 2-3 years out of them. I do recall one pair with his toe worn out, but it was after a long time of everyday wear..

Reactions: Rhuarc

Do they slip on pretty easily?

Heel looks a little high, that's why I ask.

Nice find, OP.

Do they slip on pretty easily?

Heel looks a little high, that's why I ask.

Nice find, OP.
They are very easy. The heel is higher but softer & supporting at the same time (if that makes sense).

Reactions: fsg2
Those are nice. But I can see those waffle bottoms tracking a lot of dirt/mud into the house.

Those are nice. But I can see those waffle bottoms tracking a lot of dirt/mud into the house.
Interesting point. Never thought of that. However I have been wearing them for over 4 years and never had that issue. I also take them off when entering a house anyway.

Reactions: LeapinLou
waht.. no widths?

looks like they gave NC State a better design.. that screams scarlet knights.. the maroon in ours.. discount it more

NC_State_Ultraboost_1.0_Shoes_Red_IG5878_04_standard.jpg

Last edited:
Bought them and they will already be here Saturday. Totally pumped.

waht.. no widths?

looks like they gave NC State a better design.. that screams scarlet knights.. the maroon in ours.. discount it more

NC_State_Ultraboost_1.0_Shoes_Red_IG5878_04_standard.jpg

Ya sure it's not the same shoe with a different tongue label sewn in?

I just looked. I guess not. Lol

Last edited:
Even better! I got a pair for my son for Xmas at my link for $63 with 10% cash back from Honey. They are out for delivery. today.
I saw that link on slickdeals after I bought a pair too! Great deal either way, thanks for posting!

This is the biggest marketing con there is.
Most things are marketing scams...and products are only worth a fraction of what they cost to manufacture. That being said these shoes are $190-$200 retail...and the Boost cushion is worth it, not just marketing. If you haven't tried it yet, this is your shot to get a severely discounted version.

One thing my mother always said / did for us kids was not buy cheap shoes. If your feet are happy, it goes a long way to make sure you stay healthy as well.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Buy with the Rakuten browser extension activated and you get another 6% cash back. I've been using that for several months and made a couple hundred in cash back.
Agree Rakuten is worth signing up for. Not sure if they now monitor my life and know what I'm thinking, but I like the free cash.

Most things are marketing scams...and products are only worth a fraction of what they cost to manufacture. That being said these shoes are $190-$200 retail...and the Boost cushion is worth it, not just marketing. If you haven't tried it yet, this is your shot to get a severely discounted version.

One thing my mother always said / did for us kids was not buy cheap shoes. If your feet are
happy, it goes a long way to make sure you stay healthy as well.
I buy Skechers, game changer for me as I'm always on my feet. Have paid anywhere between $39.99 to $59.99 for them. There is a store right across from the train station I use to go home at least once a week. Very convenient.

Got mine in the mail today. My third pair of ultraboosts.
The detail on these shoes are very impressive. Quality is better than my previous 2 pairs. I put a 3 month old pair side by side and there are additional features on the RU pair. Recommend buying if you haven’t.

Reactions: Section124
So the people that bought these from this site, did you pay $83.99. They charge $9.00 for tax??? In PA there is no tax on sneakers. A little fishy.

Lol @ Ultraboost meeting ultra-boomers.

"Back in m day we didn't need any of your kids' boostery voodoo. And we could buy a house with $84."

Reactions: MrsScrew
OK about $80 after the Rakuten discount. I pulled the trigger. A Christmas present to myself. :)

Reactions: WhiteBus
I just bought a pair, $70 no tax, free shipping (I joined the Adi Club for free so they waive shipping). Delivery on January 2.

I got mine today and tried them on. They are pretty comfortable. Gonna wear them to the game tomorrow. I'm not used to sneakers without real laces though. These have that drawstring thingy on it. You can switch them out if you want though.

The box is way cool as well!

I got mine today and tried them on. They are pretty comfortable. Gonna wear them to the game tomorrow. I'm not used to sneakers without real laces though. These have that drawstring thingy on it. You can switch them out if you want though.

The box is way cool as well!
Agree on the laces thing. I think Skechers started it and I generally choose the few versions they have real laces which is becoming harder. I took a different way home to go an Asics outlet. Asics Gel sneakers are considered the best for people standing all day. Very comfortable bought a pair. Great price and wearing them now. This damn thread got me thinking about buying new sneakers 🤣

This is the biggest marketing con there is.
I was wondering about that.. whether the $200 msrp was based on some kind of specific quality of manufacture or materials. I know some of New Balance's $200 sneakers are USA-made and at least you know you are employing Americans.

I’m going to see a lot of these in the Delta club at the bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT