ADVERTISEMENT

If not Schiano, who?

Satterfield and Candle are the first two names that I think of. I would call Dave Clawson too, because he has shown he can do more with less. Neal Brown? Though he's naturally an SEC guy and will get bigger offers.

After living through the mistakes of a first-time head coach I think it is necessary for the next one to hae experience (I believe every hire Hobbs has made since Ash has been successful head coaches from smaller programs).

Satterfield and Candle are the first two names that I think of. I would call Dave Clawson too, because he has shown he can do more with less. Neal Brown? Though he's naturally an SEC guy and will get bigger offers.

After living through the mistakes of a first-time head coach I think it is necessary for the next one to hae experience (I believe every hire Hobbs has made since Ash has been successful head coaches from smaller programs).
I don't know about the Olympic sports but I take his hires from Willard to Ash to Pikiell to show that he hires coaches who have connections to legendary top tier coaches. Willard with Pitino, Ash with Meyer and Pikiell with Calhoun.

Satterfield is a name I like too as someone who could step up but from what you read he seems content in NC almost to the point that he seems content to stay there unless the right opportunity came up which to me means in that region with the dream scenario of UNC.

Alex Grinch may have a lot of potential but the story sounds a little too familiar
I know it's not only the same well but the same exact well (OSU DC) but I don't see him as similar to Ash or even Schiano for that matter. They're all defensive coaches but it's a defensive coach with a lot of explosive offensive connections/influence that make me like him and make me hope that he would have potential to know how to implement an offense and select the right coaches to run it. I couldn't say that about the other two.

He would bail the second he got a better offer. He’s flaky.
Kinda like Schiano held Miami & Michigan over the ADs heads to get $2.5 million/year & a free house, then bolted for Tampa two years later?

Whoever it is they better be able to recruit. At least Schiano had a vision that he sold to recruits. What is Ash's? Come to Rutgers and get steamrolled by Big Ten teams? You need someone who will get NJ kids excited to come here like Schiano did (and he did this with Florida kids too). A straight-shooting guy from Iowa isn't getting it done. And the three stars he's topped out at aren't turning into competitive Big 10 players. Unless there's progress on the field this year, turn him loose.

Reactions: ru1869
With Kiffen you know he will win, you know he will cheat if necessary to win, and you know we will end up losing some scholarships or other penalties at some point in the future. Are we ready for that type of ride? I don't know, it seems to me that we still have a lot of fans who would rather lose with integrity and cling to the myth of amateur athletics than play the game with the big boys and win. We seem to be playing in the B1G with the mentality of the Patriot League, unfortunately, that doesn't bode well for a lot of success on the field.

Reactions: Zachary.Peril
Schiano doesn't have many places to go other than Rutgers. He is tied to Meyer's domestic violence mess. But Rutgers is hurting so... it may be a match made in heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT