ADVERTISEMENT

If you had the means to structure a NIL deal, how would you do it?

RUskoolie

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2007
I have given this a lot of thought and I am 75% certain most of my donation next year (5 figures annually) is going towards an impact grad transfer if they need it.I have spoken to a few friends about this as well and they would be in on it as well. I really see no reason to give to the school unless the football complex campaign launches tomorrow, especially under the piss poor leadership of our President and higher up academia (but that's another topic for another day).

The problem is, as a business owner (at least with my real estate business) these guys have zero worth as far as their likeness is concerned (sorry Geo Baker but it's true). Even at peak marketing impact (think right after Ron Harper hit his buzzer beater) there is just not much impact for most businesses.

The other problem, is it's so easy for these guys to transfer now and they can opt out of bowl games. I feel like some incentives need to be put in place on these deals. Because I am unlikely to get a ROI for my marketing costs and now on top of that they can transfer immediately, not feel like playing in a regular season game or pull themselves from a bowl game.

So let me hear some thoughts. Curious what some of you think is good/bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News