ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois at Purdue / Maryland at Northwestern / Nebraska at Wisconsin

its that Michigan State win keeping them alive, it came out of nowhere.....the Virginia win is looking ordinary now,. Illinois beat them 63-37 first meeting

Purdue at 10-8, before tonight, was #18 in Kenpom, presumably mostly due to that MSU win (and their OOC losses were all to very good teams, with FSU and Butler in the top 25 and Marquette in the top 40 and Texas in the top 60), since apart from MN at #36, Purdue is the only 8 loss team in the top 70 (next is Providence at #74 at 11-8).

Maryland on the road is a joke.

Turgeon couldn't motivate Trump to use twitter.

He drives us nuts on the road, luckily we have RU at home first. That is kinda interesting RU should be ranked playing @Maryland who saw that coming? Rutgers I think is top 2-4 in this conference easy.

I also don't think Illinois is as good, as they are good in league the way PSU is. They FOUL all the time an the league will NOT stop them from hand checking and shoving. So yea in this league they look good, but they play in NCAA PSU and Illinois are toast.

Same way we are once we get on road or neutral sites, God I hope we can change that trend.

Reactions: RU-ROCS

He drives us nuts on the road, luckily we have RU at home first. That is kinda interesting RU should be ranked playing @Maryland who saw that coming? Rutgers I think is top 2-4 in this conference easy.

I also don't think Illinois is as good, as they are good in league the way PSU is. They FOUL all the time an the league will NOT stop them from hand checking and shoving. So yea in this league they look good, but they play in NCAA PSU and Illinois are toast.

Same way we are once we get on road or neutral sites, God I hope we can change that trend.
Uh, MU only survived Illinois at home because Cowan hit a 35 footer on a scramble play...

Cockburn had 22pts, 15 rebounds. 6 for 6 from the line for Illinois. This kid is a beast that is getting better and better. At least he almost certainly won’t be there next year. I actually think Illinois might win the B1G this year (if we don’t, of course).

You’re about a year late with that analysis. Illinois does not foul much at all since they adjusted their defense. They’ll beat you in Champaign. Should have beaten you at your place.

Big 10 stock up

IIllinois
Iowa
Rutgers
Wisconsin

Big 10 Stock Down

Purdue
Ohio State
Michigan
Minnesota

Let us see how things play out and if we end with certain schools settling into tiers. Based on Big 10 play, the stalwarts Michigan and Ohio State have settled from the top to the large middle where there is no real difference between they and Rutgers. Purdue and Minnesota look like the most vulnerable of the bubble schools as the losses are starting to pile up. Illinois has made a giant leap toward contending for the league title and tonights winner of Iowa/Rutgers will be in an incredibly great position going forward.

Reactions: gregkoko
Ayo, Cockburn, Oturo, and Jalen Smith we will see for the last time
Supposedly Illinois has a commitment from a 5 star guard but he hasn’t signed because he waiting on-a decision from Oturo on whether he’s going pro or not. The 5 star doesn’t want to sit...at all

Supposedly Illinois has a commitment from a 5 star guard but he hasn’t signed because he waiting on-a decision from Oturo on whether he’s going pro or not. The 5 star doesn’t want to sit...at all
I think you mean Minnesota?

Illinois has a commit from McD nominee, Adam Miller, but Miller won’t sign until Ayo Dosunmu is gone for sure. If Ayo stays, Miller probably goes to Michigan.

...or so the AAU rumor mill says.

For my money, Curbelo will have a much greater impact than Miller. That kid is a PLAYER.

Not sure who he means. Oturu is a center and so is Cockburn from Illinois. Not sure how a center has any effect on whether an incoming guard gets to crack the starting lineup.

Michigan could get on a roll with some home cooking. PSU and the Illini at home in the next two, then a trip to Nebraska. They could be 5-4 when we meet in the Garden.

Of course, they could drop two of those games and continue to spiral, too.

Well Above the bubble (3 or so games)
Michigan state 6-1
Maryland 5-3

Wiggle room (1-2 games above)
Iowa 4-3
Indiana 4-3
Illinois 6-2
Rutgers 5-2
Penn State 3-4
Michigan 2-4

On the bubble (square on it)
Ohio State 2-5
Wisconsin 5-3

Wrong side
Minnesota 4-4

Need a 3 game winning streak to get to bubble
Purdue 3-5

Hope for that 5 game winning streak in 5 days
Northwestern 1-7
Nebraska 2-6

Well Above the bubble (3 or so games)
Michigan state 6-1
Maryland 5-3

Wiggle room (1-2 games above)
Iowa 4-3
Indiana 4-3
Illinois 6-2
Rutgers 5-2
Penn State 3-4
Michigan 2-4

On the bubble (square on it)
Ohio State 2-5
Wisconsin 5-3

Wrong side
Minnesota 4-4

Need a 3 game winning streak to get to bubble
Purdue 3-5

Hope for that 5 game winning streak in 5 days
Northwestern 1-7
Nebraska 2-6

I mostly agree, except I would put Wisconsin firmly in the Wiggle Room category. They beat PSU, OSU and TN on the road and also beat Marquette, who is No. 28 in the NET rankings. Plus, they have home wins over MD and IU (blow out), both of whom you have ahead of them.

Reactions: goru7
Haven’t heard anything about Cockburn leaving but I hope you’re right.
Cockburn doesn’t show up on any draft boards. His type of center is not popular in the NBA these days. 15 years ago, he’d be a lottery pick. He is expected back for at least one more year. Scouts have told him to work on expanding his shooting range and lateral quickness.

Illinois has a commit from McD nominee, Adam Miller, but Miller won’t sign until Ayo Dosunmu is gone for sure. If Ayo stays, Miller probably goes to Michigan.

...or so the AAU rumor mill says.

For my money, Curbelo will have a much greater impact than Miller. That kid is a PLAYER.
Ayo and Miller were high school teammates. Great friends but Miller has always been in Ayo’s shadow.

However, Miller’s dad says that Adam will come even if Ayo stays, but we all expect Ayo to go so probably a moot point.

Miller is a great shooter. As mentioned, Curbelo is just a great point guard. He’s got some great videos. Best passer at Illinois since Deron Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT