ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois Hopes To Have D1 Hockey Team By End of 2018

Illinois will have a nice recruiting base to draw from with Chicago only about 2 and a half hours away. Wouldn't surprise me if they play a couple games a season at United Center in Chicago to build up the fanbase up there. B1G will probably officially add Women's Hockey as a conference sport as the Illini will have to add both to stay in Title IX compliance. I'd KILL for D1 hockey at RU, but ONLY after all of our current sports have real B1G facilities and are fully funded 100%.

Illinois will have a nice recruiting base to draw from with Chicago only about 2 and a half hours away. Wouldn't surprise me if they play a couple games a season at United Center in Chicago to build up the fanbase up there. B1G will probably officially add Women's Hockey as a conference sport as the Illini will have to add both to stay in Title IX compliance. I'd KILL for D1 hockey at RU, but ONLY after all of our current sports have real B1G facilities and are fully funded 100%.
Loved the Hockey part but did NOT like the part about “maintaining a Chicago presence” for their Football and Basketball programs.

Somebody here might see that and go, “You know, we need to do more of that here.” Boo!

They only way I’m cool with that is for the start up for Hockey where maybe initially we’d have to barnstorm a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT