ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Optimistic

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
I know it's kind of tough to feel this way but has any first year coach had to face what Ash has over his first six games?? Aside from the fact that he is working with athletes that are not up to the skill level of his opponents due to a bad stretch of recruiting by Flood look at the obstacles he's been confronting. In his two wins the team had to overcome 14-0 and 21-0 first quarter deficits. In three of the four losses there is potentially three national semi-finalists in the group. Three of the top five ranked schools in the nation!!!!! Yes we were totally embarassed in the last two games but look at the level of athlete we're trying to compete with.
Then look at the coaches. We have a rookie head coach and rookie coordinators. Here are a list of accomplishments achieved by the four coaches which beat us:

489 college coaching wins
3 national championships
13 BCS bowl berths
3 NFC Championship game appearances
1 Super Bowl appearnce
1 NFL Coach of the Year
14 Natioal Collegiate Coach of the Year awards

That my friends is some pretty heady competition. Thankfully all thats past. If we can keep this recruiting class together and win at least two more games this year so progress can be seen by future recruits I'll feel good. This is why Saturday is such a crucial game on the schedule.

Last edited:
I know it's kind of tough to feel this way but has any first year coach had to face what Ash has over his first six games?? Aside from the fact that he is working with athletes that are not up to the skill level of his opponents due to a bad stretch of recruiting by Flood look at the obstacles he's been confronting. In his two wins the team had to overcome 14-0 and 21-0 first quarter deficits. In three of the four losses there is potentially three national semi-finalists in the group. Three of the top five ranked schools in the nation!!!!! Yes we were totally embarassed in the last two games but look at the level of athlete we're trying to compete with.
Then look at the coaches. We have a rookie head coach and rookie coordnators. Here are a list of accomplishments achieved by the four coaches which beat us:

489 college coaching wins
3 national championships
13 BCS bowl berths
3 NFC Championship game appearances
1 Super Bowl appearnce
1 NFL Coach of the Year
14 Natioal Collegiate Coach of the Year awards

That my friends is some pretty heady competition. Thankfully all thats past. If we can keep this recruiting class together and win at least two more games this year so progress can be seen by future recruits I'll feel good. This is why Saturday is such a crucial game on the schedule.
Good post. Totally agree, although we may have some tough losses against Mich St and Penn St, we'll be competitive against the others and will hopefully get at least two wins. How about three wins and a bowl bid! Stay optimistic!

Good summary as many of us have said. After the game Sunday I slept until about 3-4PM and turned on the TV only to watch to former Ohio State running backs Elliott and ? tear it up in the NFL.

From my undergrad life at Cook (enough to turn off and prevent anyone from donating)
Semesters 1-4. Weed out, advisors hurt not help, >Loaded with weed out science and math classes that were not my forte. I was pre whatever and I was smart in the science areas as the top students but not at dumb. Also lots of sh*t inc some has access to exams I didn't.
GPA 2.1?

Last 3 years-learned to play "the game", commuted vs dorm/apartment for bad, non serious roomates. All of my study time was in the library and my quiet house. "Made adjustments"-non science courses (one or two were the relatively esasier version). Took classes I was better at.
GPA 3.5 OVERALL (Range 3.0-4.0)- Deans List, Alpha Zeta Honors

Once I got rid of my top competition "off my schedule" I thrived. Outside of my pre science courses (those that aced those or close are now physicians or vets=my Michigans and Ohio States) I thrived in the classroom. It's really all about 1)making adjustments; 2)lesses competition and 3) focus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT