ADVERTISEMENT

Game times, TV for first 3 games

Local Shill

Hall of Famer
Aug 30, 2001
Easton Avenue's finest gin mills
Game times and TV for first 3 games should be available in a few hours - announcements are scheduled for Wednesday (5/31).

I think we'll get at least one night game because of the way the new TV deals are structured.

Was hoping the opener would be moved to Thursday or Friday night but it doesn't look like that will happen.

My only request - no more than 1 kickoff at noon in the first 3 games. Noon games when it's still summer suck.

My guesses:

Northwestern 9/2 CBS Noon
Temple 9/9 CBS 3:30pm
Virginia Tech 9/16 BTN 7pm

Reactions: thegock
My guesses:

Northwestern 9/2 CBS Noon
Temple 9/9 CBS 3:30pm
Virginia Tech 9/16 BTN 7pm
CBS only gets 7 games this season. I doubt Rutgers/Temple is high on that list especially when for 2023 they still have the SEC games.

CBS only gets 7 games this season. I doubt Rutgers/Temple is high on that list especially when for 2023 they still have the SEC games.
I had read somewhere that due to SEC TV rules, CBS had to use their Big Ten games early in the season. Don't really know what to expect with all these new deals but very much looking forward to it.

We will receive the game times for at least 7 of the 12 games this year today.
First 3 games, RU's homecoming and RU is the homecoming opponent for Michigan and Iowa. What's the 7th?
Also, the homecoming kickoff times haven't been announced the same day as the time for the first 3 weeks.

So I think we'll get those homecoming times sometime in June, but not today unless something has changed due too the new TV contracts.

First 3 games, RU's homecoming and RU is the homecoming opponent for Michigan and Iowa. What's the 7th?
Also, the homecoming kickoff times haven't been announced the same day as the time for the first 3 weeks.

So I think we'll get those homecoming times sometime in June, but not today unless something has changed due too the new TV contracts.
Indiana. Rutgers is the homecoming opponent in Bloomington this year.

We will receive the game times for at least 7 of the 12 games this year today.
They do but I doubt they pick RU.

I’m sure week 1 will be East Carolina @ Michigan, Ohio State @ Indiana or Utah State @ Iowa over our game.

Week 2 is by far the best chance with the Temple game, but honestly, why pick that over Eastern Michigan (9-4 last year) @ Minny? They will probably even prefer UNLV @ Michigan to get the brand name team.

So we have 4 noon games in the first 8 games, with 2 of those game times still unknown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT