ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Offers Dylan Harper

He'll be offered by pretty much everybody.. I see on this board - people seem enthusiastic that Dylan is coming here. Where exactly is that confidence coming from?

He'll be offered by pretty much everybody.. I see on this board - people seem enthusiastic that Dylan is coming here. Where exactly is that confidence coming from?
I don't see Harper going to another Big Ten school because it would be enbarrassing to his older brother.

I don't see Harper going to another Big Ten school because it would be enbarrassing to his older brother.
It happens - the Ahrens brothers come to mind, though Kyle Ahrens was not an icon at Michigan State like RHJ here.

Where he or any player goes to school could be a decision that shapes his life. I’d hope and expect Ron would make it clear that Dylan should go anywhere he wanted and pick the school that is the best fit.

Ron had to hit a game winning shot vs #1 to make a small amount of money. If boosters have 500K per year lined up for him elsewhere of course there is no chance he comes here.

Reactions: chrebet80
The kid may not want to play in the shadow of his brother at RU. I’ll be surprised if we get him.

Reactions: Rutgers56
Article about Ron the Mom was not thrilled when Nebraska offered because it was far. Hope it is the same with Dylan.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Shadow? Dylan is going to be way better than RHJ. And that's not an insult to RHJ he'll tell you that himself.
Ok fanboy, let me say it another way.

Maybe the kid wants to create his own legacy outside of RU. Remember Davison Igbinosun who signed with Ole Miss?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Sorry you get triggered over simple facts considering Dylan is already a Top 50 recruit. Have a great day.
I think you are arguing two separate things. Don't think @Knightmoves said Ron Jr is better than Dylan, but perhaps that can be implied from the shadow comment. Even with the shadow comment, Ron Jr cemented himself as a legend at Rutgers, and Dylan may want to forge his own path, like Davison Igbinosun chose to do.
Finally, while Dylan is a top 50 recruit, he may or may not pan out in college.

Reactions: RU76
Rutgers definitely has a shot with Dylan, but I'd also be surprised if he comes here. That being said, right now the biggest factor in his decision will be being able to play in front of his family.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Rutgers definitely has a shot with Dylan, but I'd also be surprised if he comes here. That being said, right now the biggest factor in his decision will be being able to play in front of his family.
As long as it’s not Seton Hall. That would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Reactions: RUDiddy777

About as good as you can expect with an elite recruit. Per Sr., Dylan is going to be better than both Ron’s, so he will have options outside of college. But the Harpers approach to basketball - team first - seems to indicate we will be in a good position. Also, have to imagine financial considerations won’t be as much of a factor as with other recruits.

The kid may not want to play in the shadow of his brother at RU. I’ll be surprised if we get him.
That might be the case but it doesn't mean he should select a Big Ten school where there are elite schools to choose from such as Villanova,Duke North Carolina and Kentucky ,

Mods

If he doesn't come to RU, anywhere but in the B1G please. It'll be too painful to see him in the league

Reactions: Eagleton96
Ron would likely be a top-50 recruit in his class if it was to be re-ranked now. Not sure how people are stating that Dylan will be definitively better — keep some perspective, Ron set the bar pretty high

We’re (re)stating it because Ron Sr has stated it.

Reactions: Scangg
Ron would likely be a top-50 recruit in his class if it was to be re-ranked now. Not sure how people are stating that Dylan will be definitively better — keep some perspective, Ron set the bar pretty high
Because Dylan is significantly better at this stage of his career than Ron was...

It happens - the Ahrens brothers come to mind, though Kyle Ahrens was not an icon at Michigan State like RHJ here.
Also usually it happens, the older brother wasn’t also playing for his home state school.

Where is the guy that bought the weight room? Doesn't he have some kind of used car dealership for the NIL facade?

Reactions: Scangg
That might be the case but it doesn't mean he should select a Big Ten school where there are elite schools to choose from such as Villanova,Duke North Carolina and Kentucky ,
You sure Nova's gonna be elite with Wright gone? I see them fading back to RU/SHU/UConn levels...a consistent Tourney team but nowhere near NC or Final Four status.

Welp, I don’t know if Dylan will go to RU, but something tells me he won’t end up at Indiana.
Agreed
This is pretty much the first time Ron has called out another program
His brother fully realizes how Ron feels
I would doubt Dylan chooses Indiana when he will have so many choices

Reactions: gregkoko and Scangg
I suspect Dylan was having a little bit of fun. Both Ron’s have some quality troll game, the apple probably hasn’t fallen far from the tree.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT