ADVERTISEMENT

Football INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers falls to Maryland 42-24 in regular-season finale

Does Coach Greg accept a bowl bid at 6-6? Obviously love the Knights play again but not sure if it’s worth going in at .500.

This team is checked out. Imagine if we play Clemson in the Pinstripe.
We didn’t check out, this is just a horrible matchup
Which I feared , and predicted

a great passing team, facing a team with no pass rush and a suspect pass defense
behind it

Gavin must show his worth as a QB today for RU to win

Unfortunately, so far Gavin has been showing his "worth", (at least in terms of accuracy). -I mean, I get it if he doesn't have time, but there's been a couple of passes where he just was completely off, and those misses, had they been completed, might have allowed drives to continue.

Geez, I was hoping the team would at least show up today and actually make a game out of it.

Dont worry tomorrow there will be tons of lectures why 6-6 is incredible
Preseason definitely a success, however at 6-2 with how how we finished, incredibly disappointing. It's not that we lost, it's that they were terrified against Iowa, PSU and today.

Reactions: RUShea
Scary part is that in a response to a question on the podcast this week about an extension for Schiano, Hobbs says GS will be here as long as HE wants to be. Sounds like an extension is forthcoming even though he has 4 years remaining. I don't get it.

Preseason definitely a success, however at 6-2 with how how we finished, incredibly disappointing. It's not that we lost, it's that they were terrified against Iowa, PSU and today.

Its that with house money at 6-2 Greg was still going to try and win every game 3-2 or hope for Michigan State miracle

Reactions: Rokodesh
This game is just another reality check as to the talent disparity Rutgers faces with any opponent that has a pulse on offense.There is no excuse to be embarrassed three straight years by Maryland.Recruiting stinks because most of the players are 2/3 star recruits.

GS still trying to win 3-2 but its already 21-3

Are you thinking we should put Evan in? Let Gavin chuck up inaccurate passes and hope for PI calls? What? The clock stops every time Gavin throws an incompletion. Maryland is scoring every time they get the ball at lightning speed. We suck today but it sure isn’t because of the play calling.

Are you thinking we should put Evan in? Let Gavin chuck up inaccurate passes and hope for PI calls? What? The clock stops every time Gavin throws an incompletion. Maryland is scoring every time they get the ball at lightning speed. We suck today but it sure isn’t because of the play calling.

Doubtful we put Simon in…Greg is WAYY to stubborn. He won’t admit a mistake in starting Gavin.

Hu
Scary part is that in a response to a question on the podcast this week about an extension for Schiano, Hobbs says GS will be here as long as HE wants to be. Sounds like an extension is forthcoming even though he has 4 years remaining. I don't get it.
Huge mistake! Why give an extension? Just let the current contract play out.

This game is just another reality check as to the talent disparity Rutgers faces with any opponent that has a pulse on offense.There is no excuse to be embarrassed three straight years by Maryland.Recruiting stinks because most of the players are 2/3 star recruits.

Hit the nail on the head

Delay of game on a punt on 4th and 17. Just getting better all the time. And now a false start!! Couple that with the near Rochelle gaffe earlier and the Specials are struggling.

The excuse makers will say injuries
no excuses, just a bad game because of a bad offense and the D just not able to get on track and try to keep it close.
Schiano has made this program a bowl team, not a team you could consider good enough to expect a lot out of.
But this game, if continues the way it is going now, will end extension talk and have many talking replacement without thinking about how mucxh Hobbs would pay someone to make RU into a power .
Schiano will win enough games to make a bowl game just about every year, but won't make the program something to brag about because there will be too many games that RU doesn't look good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT