ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting comment from longtime Md. fan

Cyn38

All American
Jul 25, 2001
I was at the B1G championship game sitting in a great perch at center court for the mobility impaired. Next to me was a longtime Maryland fan and her husband, who were very nice.

Early in the game I asked her if an official was the same one who was one of the trio at the Rutgers-Northwestern game. I just wanted to know if it were the same guy. It was. But I didn't expect her to add that the RU-NW game had THE WORST OFFICIATING SHE'D EVER SEEN. She didn't know me. I thought the officiating was bad but recalled several others, including the "clock game." Speaking with her throughout the game I learned she and her husband have a long history of attending ACC and NCAA games following her team. She knows WBB. She also spoke highly of CViv.

Now in response to her praise of our coach, I was, er, reluctant to say anything. But I did learn that one of Brenda's twins is very ill and she somehow manages to take care of both her team and her family. Sorta like another coach we know. The Maryland fans think highly of their coach. Was interesting watching her from my perch high in the stands. (I did sit behind the bench when we played.)

All in all, I thought the tournament featured some great games. At the end, the OSU-Iowa game and the championship game were nailbiters. I was glad I didn't have a horse in either race.

There were few eating choices in the arena but they were OK, if expensive. I know, expensive is to be expected. I had left my good (lucky) RU Tshirt at home by mistake and wanted to wear one for the Northwestern game. Cost me $38. Not lucky. Lots of restaurants in the area so we didn't starve. Bob C discovered an interesting site in the area and we visited one of Frank Lloyd Wright's home/studios. Had one of the best gift shops I've been in. Unfortunately.

MK (SKWF) was very helpful to me and deserves a medal for above and beyond the call ... Both Bobs were more than kind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT