ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Interesting tidbit on NCAA predictions

After taking care of business against Lafayette and Caldwell ...We hold our destiny to dance with a winning record

The net rankings love the big ten and our schedule will get a lot more games against the top 75 the rest of the way

11-9/20-11...we are IN

As long as the net rankings have the big ten ranked This well, I think Even 10-10/19-12...I think we get in with a first round big ten win at 20-13.....

After taking care of business against Lafayette and Caldwell ...We hold our destiny to dance with a winning record

The net rankings love the big ten and our schedule will get a lot more games against the top 75 the rest of the way

11-9/20-11...we are IN

As long as the net rankings have the big ten ranked This well, I think Even 10-10/19-12...I think we get in with a first round big ten win at 20-13.....

that is about it....need some road wins

Reactions: FastMJ and RUJMM78
If we win the next two at home and then beat Nebby on the road, then I’ll be a true believer. That PSU game at home will be nuts.

Speaking of PSU, has RU ever played them at the RAC while in the Big10 when the RU students are in school? It seems like this game is always over winter break so NJ’s cult contingent can attend and RU’s student section is mostly empty.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Speaking of PSU, has RU ever played them at the RAC while in the Big10 when the RU students are in school? It seems like this game is always over winter break so NJ’s cult contingent can attend and RU’s student section is mostly empty.

Last year, it was the final game of the regular season. The students were there, and we lost a heartbreaker.

Our last 4 games are @Wisc, @PSU, vs MD, @PU. We could easily go from 17-10 and squarely on the bubble to 17-14 and a NIT or CIT bid.

Our last 4 games are @Wisc, @PSU, vs MD, @PU. We could easily go from 17-10 and squarely on the bubble to 17-14 and a NIT or CIT bid.
If we get to 17-10 that means we’d be 8-8 in the B1G up to that point, which makes me think we can win one of those final 3 road games and MD at home. Will be tough but if we’re having that kind of year, it can be done.

If we get to 17-10 that means we’d be 8-8 in the B1G up to that point, which makes me think we can win one of those final 3 road games and MD at home. Will be tough but if we’re having that kind of year, it can be done.
I think Purdue is vulnerable if you can play the kind of defense we are capable of. I have seen them several times. Just not on the same level as in the past and a packed RAC would be huge.

Reactions: BillyC80 and Scangg
All those who thought SF Austin wasn't going to be a quality win, their current NET #64 at 10-2 and put the only loss on NET #9 Duke. Wisconsin is #44. Seton Hall #36. Losses to #22 MSU, #72 Pitt and #179 SBA, should go up in A-10 play and last non-conference against Buffalo.

Others wins #306 Niagara, #303 NJIT, #223 Drexel, #184 Bryant, #163 Lafayette and #145 UMass. The non conference schedule has definitely improved by the end of December. We have 15 of 18 games against top 50 NET opponents in B1G, 1 against Northwestern #146 and 2 against Nebraska #182(need 3-0), and 7 top 25(2 PSU, 2 UMd, 2 UM, 1 OSU), 8 26-50 and we will dance if we go 7-8 or better, maybe even 6-9 if some wins are against top 25 NET or AP, home and/or road. Currently, 2-1 top 50, 1-1 51-100. I know 12 B1G teams won't stay top 50, but a good majority will, a few will fall to top 75/100 with losses to Nebraska and NW and they will go up. It will be an exciting Jan. And Feb.

All those who thought SF Austin wasn't going to be a quality win, their current NET #64 at 10-2 and put the only loss on NET #9 Duke. Wisconsin is #44. Seton Hall #36. Losses to #22 MSU, #72 Pitt and #179 SBA, should go up in A-10 play and last non-conference against Buffalo.

Others wins #306 Niagara, #303 NJIT, #223 Drexel, #184 Bryant, #163 Lafayette and #145 UMass. The non conference schedule has definitely improved by the end of December. We have 15 of 18 games against top 50 NET opponents in B1G, 1 against Northwestern #146 and 2 against Nebraska #182(need 3-0), and 7 top 25(2 PSU, 2 UMd, 2 UM, 1 OSU), 8 26-50 and we will dance if we go 7-8 or better, maybe even 6-9 if some wins are against top 25 NET or AP, home and/or road. Currently, 2-1 top 50, 1-1 51-100. I know 12 B1G teams won't stay top 50, but a good majority will, a few will fall to top 75/100 with losses to Nebraska and NW and they will go up. It will be an exciting Jan. And Feb.
It would be interesting to see if the B1G could send 9 teams to the tournament, if NW and Nebraska only pick up like 7-8 combined wins in league. I could see it happening.

Reactions: RutgHoops
We are a talented team and play well at home.The measure of how far we go will be determined by our ability to win on the road.We have to get off the schneid at Nebraska and develope some confidence.The BIG is up for grabs,with everyone beatable.
Why not RU ?

The Big 10 is a tough league

SFA and Lafayette play in weaker leagues where the can win 90% of their league games to pad a 20+ win season.

We are potentially 10-3 entering B10 play in Januaryt hen have 18 conference games and 1 tourney game. Go 9-10 and end with a 19-13 record, probably not NCAA worthy. Would need to go 10-8 in league and 1-1 in the B10 tourney to be 21-11. Will be a tough task with 7 league games against current top 25 teams.

Doesn't the potential Caldwell W not count in the NCAA tourney formula though?

Nope. NET doesn't include it, so it wouldn't matter for us come tourney time.

The very little benefit we get out of this game is overall record (if you don't look too close) and a chance to maybe rest some starters and get some depth guys more minutes on the floor.

Nope. NET doesn't include it, so it wouldn't matter for us come tourney time.

The very little benefit we get out of this game is overall record (if you don't look too close) and a chance to maybe rest some starters and get some depth guys more minutes on the floor.
Wouldn’t it be interesting if we were in a dead heat on the bubble with another team (without the Caldwell game included) and the tiebreaker turned out to be that we had an extra win, albeit over Caldwell?

Wouldn’t it be interesting if we were in a dead heat on the bubble with another team (without the Caldwell game included) and the tiebreaker turned out to be that we had an extra win, albeit over Caldwell?
That can work both ways...for us or against us.

That can work both ways...for us or against us.
Saying if we are in a dead heat without the Caldwell game. So for example RU and another team on the bubble with 19 wins each, similar SOS and computer models, etc., where you could practically flip a coin to determine which team deserves the spot. Then you look over and see that RU has a 20th win that did not enter into the calculations. Wouldn’t it be interesting if that 20th win (against Caldwell) became our tiebreaker?

the result of that game won't even be visible to the committee on their team sheet. Hard to be a tiebreaker when they won't even know it happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT