ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa in the semi-final

motorb54

All American
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2005
how will we play their all everything big?
I didn't see the first meerting.
They gave Rutgers its first Big Ten loss on Jan 23, 72-66
Rutgers had a poor shooting night with 4 of 25 from Three (16%)
A. Guirantes was 0 for 8
Yet the game was a toss up into the last minutes.
Will our pressure be effective against their guards?
And if we pressure can we also deny the ball getting to Gustafson down low?
27.7 points per game shooting better than 70% is ridiculous

She stands in the post keeps backing in and gets a lot of fouls called when you try to defend her. We will need to work to deny her the ball. Also she rarely gets called for a foul on the defensive end. Sort of like the Jordan rules.

I think you have to make her work hard to get her points. But you need to deny her teammates so she has to do more of the scoring.

She's incredibly talented under the basket, but very slow up and down the court.

We have to play very fast on offense and slow them way down with a disruptive 55 on defense.

In other words, fast break to quick shots much earlier in the shot clock than is our norm. And, of course, we have to score on a much higher percentage of those possessions than we have been in order to be able to set up the 55.

Interestingly, CC tended to slow our offense. She was a smart deliberate PG with whole court vision and sharp passing. But she's gone, so we should go this way without her. Everybody, play loose on offense. Noga and Charise, shoot. Everybody else, put backs. It's our only chance.

I don't think we can play a zone that collapses on her on defense: our (Caitlyn-less) bigs will foul out. Better to play very tight man on everyone else to get turnovers and steals in the passing-to-her lanes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT