ADVERTISEMENT

It was robbery: Omoruyi most likely transferring to Providence

Nov 16, 2016
From NJ.com's latest article on the transfer:

"It should be noted that Omoruyi, on his ScarletKnights.com bio, mentions Kalif Young as his best friend from another college basketball program. Young, a rising 6-9 senior forward at Providence, played with Omoruyi at Orangeville Prep in Ontario.

Young commented on Omoruyi’s Instagram message, posting: "Big things coming'' with two watchful eyes and a prayer sign."

AKA, NJ.com has the scoop but can't confirm until the transfer actually happens.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketbal...to-stunning-eugene-omoruyi-transfer-news.html

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Not convinced Providence is his destination
I don't think NJ.com would have made that call out unless they had a reason to. There were several people who commented on EO's post, but they specifically called out the Providence player.

Just speculation BUT Providence does have one scholarship open for this Season, and a bunch open for 20-21 so they can afford a red shirt year.
Could also explain why it was just announced, was waiting on certainty of Cooley coming back and not leaving for Michigan.
Would be great to host them in Gavitt games next season..... booos or cheers??

Just speculation BUT Providence does have one scholarship open for this Season, and a bunch open for 20-21 so they can afford a red shirt year.
Could also explain why it was just announced, was waiting on certainty of Cooley coming back and not leaving for Michigan.
Transfer to providence? F em.

Reactions: bac2therac
Can anyone here say with certainty we didn't tamper with Yeboah? Glass houses and all that.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
PROVIDENCE!!! If true someone’s going to pull their hair out... it’s a Providence thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Boo the crap outta him.

I don't think NJ.com would have made that call out unless they had a reason to. There were several people who commented on EO's post, but they specifically called out the Providence player.
NJ.com isn't above posting a rumor and acting like it might be true.
It''s easy to do and when they can point to someone EO played with before gives an air of credibility to that rumor. Even if there's nothing to back up what's being said.

Providence being willing to give EO a 2 for1 doesn't seem that creditable to me.

Reactions: kcg88
Even if he goes to play at Providence, doubt he plays with his rising senior friend. Unaware of Omoruyi being a graduate transfer, thus, would have to sit out a year.

What the F this is embarrassing what kind of Mickey Mouse program is this

He's not coming to Providence. We have no scholarships and also have a big sitting one to play one . Can pretty much guarantee he is not coming here.
Lol so just more rumors and no one still knows anything... Although what is a Friar fan doing on the Rutgers boards if there is nothing here? Hmmmm

Anyway it's not a blue blood like Kansas as was mentioned in other threads.

Reactions: LukeRU90
Put providence on the schedule next year . Ed Cooley is a fake nice guy

lol....thats a pretty bad move by Eugene, a program that at this point might have a similar stature in terms of where they are as a program for reaching the ncaa

Providence has been to the tournament five of last six years . Probably would have also gone last year if their second leading scorer had not got hurt. Rutgers seems to be making progress but to say they are in same position as Providence is ridiculous.

Providence has been to the tournament five of last six years . Probably would have also gone last year if their second leading scorer had not got hurt. Rutgers seems to be making progress but to say they are in same position as Providence is ridiculous.
Your response to the post you quoted is ridiculous. Time to scuttle back to your board “friar”.

If Eugene is going to Providence it doesn't make sense to me. His buddy at Providence is Kalif Young who will be a 6'9" senior this coming season. They both played at Orangeville Prep together. Kalif has only averaged 3.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg, shot 45.8 %on ft's and 51.1 % on 2 pt. fg's. He has only averaged 15.2 mpg over all 3 years. If Eugene went there and sat out this coming season they would never get to play together. Someone had to have gotten into Eugene's head. I hope that someday he doesn't resent this decision. Pikiell treated him so well and our fans loved him. He even scheduled the game in Canada to honor him. This doesn't add up to me.

Stay off our board and it won't upset you

could it be a grades thing ? buys him time to raise grades and be eligible somewhere else in 2 years ? maybe a stretch, but nothing else makes sense either.

We'd kick providence's ass if we faced off more times than not with our team today..you're not special.

Rutgers is not a better program outright than Providence right now. The facts and recent history easily prove that.

BUT ... I hope wherever Eugene goes that he does not sniff the tournament (or even NIT) and Rutgers has a cinderella like story year, with national media following, and goes to the tournament. And he gets to watch what he helped build finally come to fruition. Man that would probably eat him inside. And if Eugene sits out, then I hope that happens two years in a row !

Yea ok maybe try beating Fordham first then you can start thinking about beating us.
Woe is me..we lost to a lesser team while our highly touted freshmen were coming along and we had one senior who was one of our least effective players. How will we possible improve. Again, providence is nothing special. Enjoy watching teams like us fly past you once we are making our 50 mil per year from the big ten while you try to compete with your 2 mil per year from your nothing conference (do you even make that much per year?)

Let's see..an early loss vs Fordham or a late victory vs Iowa in their house on senior night..which do I care about more and which signifies the strides we made? I'll be sure to give you ample time to mull that over considering your handicap (hint: I'm talking about your providence degree)

Last edited:
Yea ok maybe try beating Fordham first then you can start thinking about beating us.
This is OUR board. And some of us our very tired of you coming over here and trolling. All you do is insult us and talk down to us. Don't you have your own board?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT