ADVERTISEMENT

J.R. Inman

Wow. Looks like a publisher picked up a book he wrote in 2012. Whoever paid for the NY Times ad (and this is a good thing) likely paid a pretty penny. Congrats to him.

Reactions: biazza38
I saw him talk about this book in "Basic Leadership" back in 2008 haha

With all due respect to J.R., just exactly how would that term apply to him?
It was a class at Rutgers. We both took it. Are you asking whether JR was a basic leader?

He did hit that shot against Seton Hall. That was pretty LIT

It was a class at Rutgers. We both took it. Are you asking whether JR was a basic leader?

He did hit that shot against Seton Hall. That was pretty LIT
Yep. I was at the Rock for that game. And right after that, Fred Hill was explaining to someone about what a dumb player J.R. was. Another All-State player we recruited that didn't live up to the hype

Yep. I was at the Rock for that game. And right after that, Fred Hill was explaining to someone about what a dumb player J.R. was. Another All-State player we recruited that didn't live up to the hype
And we’re sure Fred Hill Jr was the person to trust here?

Just reporting what was said. Fred definitely not on the Mount Rushmore of Rutgers head coaches
In totality, I think he's a leader.

- Led the St Joes Montvale team that won the Bergen County Jamboree. I was there for that final game and the semi finals against Ramapo (in quite possibly the greatest high school game I've watched) and he was absolutely terrific

- He chose to stay home and play for Rutgers despite considerable interest from other schools (e.g. Georgetown, NC State,, Virginia, Virginia Tech and West Virginia)

- He had a very good relationship with Quincy Douby, who really respected his competitiveness and his game. After practices, JR and Douby would play one on one, full court games.

- He was our top scorer post-Douby NBA, despite our team being really, really poor

I'd like to hear from the McCourtys on JRs leadership. They know what good leadership looks like, and they played on the championship hoops team with him, so they'd be able to tell us.

Fred Hill's coaching malpractice had more than a little to do with that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT