ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Young still loves Rutgers

JY made two of my favorite plays of the Pike era: the midcourt steal at Minnesota that helped save our NCAA bid (punch that ticket!), and the posterizing dunk over Haarms at Mackey Arena to punch that would-be ticket... darn covid!**

**(which was bad for a whole lot of worse reasons than our NCAA dreams, of course!)

He was awesome in a huge game at home against Maryland at the end of 2020 . We needed that win to set up a win and get in at Purdue .
Surprised nobody mentioned this. It was one of his best games

Young was a fearless player that wasn't afraid driving to the basket against bigger defenders.He also was a good defensive player creating turnovers and easy baskets.

Reactions: Scarlet83
He was awesome. Looked like he was having a blast out there too. He was a 6th year transfer, not sure why people were so upset.

Reactions: DRC79
Remember when Geo had that insane dunk at the RAC against Indiana? JY's reaction was priceless. That's actually my favorite memory of him. But no question he saved the season in that Minnesota game.

Remember when Geo had that insane dunk at the RAC against Indiana? JY's reaction was priceless. That's actually my favorite memory of him. But no question he saved the season in that Minnesota game.
That's my avatar and it's part 3 of the oh no series. Best social media in the history of Rutgers IMO

JY made two of my favorite plays of the Pike era: the midcourt steal at Minnesota that helped save our NCAA bid (punch that ticket!), and the posterizing dunk over Haarms at Mackey Arena to punch that would-be ticket... darn covid!**

**(which was bad for a whole lot of worse reasons than our NCAA dreams, of course!)
I bought the game worn jersey off him from the purdue dunk. Probably the coolest piece of Rutgers memorabilia i have.

The first games he played for us, he was a turnover machine

It took a while for the positives to out weigh the
negative
Appreciate his stay here
Another example of Pikes player development. Pike grabs him off the scrap heap after he washes out at Texas. He starts slow, many mistakes, no team play. Gets better and better. Transfers out to Oregon and regresses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT