ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Young

Whether it be NHL20, NBA2K or Madden he'd be the guy you'd be toggling to be. Not sure how fast he is on skates though.

Unfortunately there was a theme in feedback from Texas fans while he was there, pulled from another site. I did not include the rumor type stuff.

This kid has NEVER seen
a shot he didn’t like.

his confidence was his best and worst quality

I think he’s a unique personality and that required a light touch and extremely specific mental management.

I was really looking forward to another year of dribbling 80-feet to shoot a forced layup going 1-on-4, or letting those 3’s rip at a 32% rate, or fouling a 3-point shooter in a clutch situation.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Hilarious to see kyk like this post when he was the original conductor of the Young hype train and got me on board...

I am in England and haven't seen a game yet so I'm not going to comment but hopefully he finds his groove

How has he looked defensively? I really thought his speed and quickness would be a major asset shutting down the quick PGs penetration that we struggled with
Me? Youre mixing me up with someone else. Ive said expect JY to be a frustrating player to watch who plays out of control on offense. However, where I did compliment him was in saying that he has 1st team all B1G defense potential. Look back about 10 days ago where I posted my 5 most important players before the season began and one name you wont see there is JY

These early OOC games are designed to give the team time to get their game and rotation in place for conference play, no?
Unlike most top teams, we traditionally have some problems winning some of these "tune ups".
Pike has had the luxury of trying different players and still come out with a W.
Any hope of doing decently in the BIG means we will have to know who can do this job and who is a bench player. I expect to see this process trim things down pretty soon as the first line players get into better game shape,

Unfortunately there was a theme in feedback from Texas fans while he was there, pulled from another site. I did not include the rumor type stuff.

This kid has NEVER seen
a shot he didn’t like.

his confidence was his best and worst quality

I think he’s a unique personality and that required a light touch and extremely specific mental management.

I was really looking forward to another year of dribbling 80-feet to shoot a forced layup going 1-on-4, or letting those 3’s rip at a 32% rate, or fouling a 3-point shooter in a clutch situation.
I should have added this was after he announced was leaving . So some sour grapes also.

I think some are being too critical. Yes Jacob has made a few mistakes but I am sure he is hyped because he hasn't played in a while and he wants to impress the fans and do well. It is human nature for a confident player to try to make things happen. I am happy he is on our team and think he will contribute a lot to our team over an entire season. Please try to pull for all of our guys. He is a great guy and teammate. I have seen the interaction at many team practices since the start of last season.

I’ve been critical of Jacob for forcing shots and not looking to dish enough.

You could make an argument that he’s the lefty version of Mathis, except Young is a better outside shooter with a better handle.

If he adjusts and starts taking his playmaker role to heart, he will be a tremendous asset to this team.

I don't recall any instances where he got beat off the dribble or lost his man or was late on a close out.....this is 1/2 the game

The guy I call our best defender (or potential best defender) repeatedly lost his man or closed out late on 3s

Been saying this all off-season...

The potential is there but his positioning and angles are just not where they need to be.

Could be a focus issue.

If I were grading defense for the team
ON Ball defense B+
Off ball closing out on shooters D
Interior rotation B (Yeboah 2 charges and Myles a few blocks)
Defensive rebounding C

Young has made some mistakes or misjudgments on the court thus far but I think he’s a player that can get you 15-20 pts in a game when other scorers are not clicking; and half of those pts in a blink of an eye because of his speed, athleticism and quickness which is great to have on this team. Pike has to manage his minutes so when he’s ON and not hurting the team he needs to be out on the court and when he’s Off he needs to take a seat right next to the coaches.

Look forward to his development.

GO RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT