ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Jalen Berger top five

Will we have an OC by Saturday?
Even unofficially?

Hopefully potentially not having an offensive system, offensive coordinator or running back coach isn't a hang up for Berger.

That’s the problem. Thinking only a jersey guy can win there. It’s myopic thinking. Jersey is a weird place but it isn’t Mars. Good coaches can coach anywhere.
Not if they don’t have the support , just ask Rich Rod what happened to him at Michigan lol , not much of a Michigan man was he

I mean if we had a line like Wisconsin Pacheco would easily be a 1000 yard runner if not more.
Of course. But the guy who built the lines for Rice, Jamison, and the others is now back as the coach and working on it. Plus wasn't there all this wanting to be close to home stuff?
I get it but we've got to make it stop.

Reactions: LC-88 and #1 RUFan
GS got Rutgers into the top 10 for one week almost 15 years ago, is best known in the nfl as the coach who had his team blitzing kneel downs

You do realize In the NFL Nick Saban is known for bailing on his Miami team without so much as a word after failing to win there right?

Doesn't mean squat. He was still an NFL HC.

People who choose to see only the negative are never disappointed. But they are perpetually disappointing to everyone else.

I know GS isn’t giving up. He is going to chop harder.
I agree that even if he chooses Wisconsin at the game, it's definitely not over. We don't even know who our OC is yet. There are some who are saying he still might choose us at the game. We'll see.

Getting Berger would have been a public relations coup but far from a guaranteed home run. I'm always wary of rb's who post great stats at big time programs. Is it because they get to run through giant holes or because they happen to be really good? Those giant holes get a lot smaller in the Big Ten. Its all about vision and cutting ability at this level. Not saying he doesn't have it but Huggins was no Ray Rice despite being ranked way higher.

And Mason Robinson, Kordell Young and The Rocket Williams never lived up to their stars either. Meanwhile Pacheco may be better than Berger will ever be. So hard to tell with rb's until you see them in real games. Who knew Paul James would be so good?

Getting Berger would have been a public relations coup but far from a guaranteed home run. I'm always wary of rb's who post great stats at big time programs. Is it because they get to run through giant holes or because they happen to be really good? Those giant holes get a lot smaller in the Big Ten. Its all about vision and cutting ability at this level. Not saying he doesn't have it but Huggins was no Ray Rice despite being ranked way higher.

And Mason Robinson, Kordell Young and The Rocket Williams never lived up to their stars either. Meanwhile Pacheco may be better than Berger will ever be. So hard to tell with rb's until you see them in real games. Who knew Paul James would be so good?
Monangai actually had better stats.

News is that Berger has publicly stated Rutgers is not a destination for him. Down to UCLA and Wisconsin.

Good luck to him.
I don't wish ill on him if he goes elsewhere but I won't wish him good luck if he is playing for our competition, either. I saw the Wisconsin coached interviewed on BTN the other day and Mason asked about the NJ RB history for the Badgers. Response was, yeah, if we can't fill the position in state, our top choice is to get guys from NJ. That ticked me off. Greg's got to get chopping and cut off that pipeline ASAP.

Why are you so negative. By the way, I love MLax and we post back and forth during the spring.

But seriously, why??
It’s not negative. It’s a fact. People here were claiming he was a secret recruit before Schiano was hired. Seemed like quite a few actually. I’m just wondering what happened.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Ah, the life of a Rutgers fan. Lose out on the 4-star RB who many thought was a silent commit and switch to looking forward to a visit from a 2-star DE with one other P5 offer who is the proverbial project.
To be fair, if a 2 star project at DE turns into a solid contributor on our defensive line that offers more incremental improvement to this team than getting Berger when we already have Pacheco, Adams and Young.

And then you have Joe Martinek. People forget how highly ranked he was in HS. Gatorade player of the year who had a pretty good career at RU

And then you have Joe Martinek. People forget how highly ranked he was in HS. Gatorade player of the year who had a pretty good career at RU
One of our most underrated players ever. BTW- very few people realize just how fast Joe was.
I also think Young would have had a hell of a career if he was healthy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT