ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Jalen Miller in the Portal

100 percent respectfully disagree. Aside from defense (and he had a tough time covering his man on screens) he offered nothing on offense. Cam started for a patriot league team and he is exponentially better than Jalen on every level.
DII or low manor rotation at best. This is NOT to minimize any contributions he made to team culture or practice. We thank him for that!

Cam was an all conference level Patriot league player. Nobody is saying he would be that. Think about the year we filled our roster with Agee. We were thin up front, had an opening and added him to the team. Now picture a UMBC type team in the same position but thin at guard. This is a kid with proven ability to play BIG level defense. That alone will get him on a roster somewhere.

Additional Pike comments concerning the season and roster courtesy of Jerry Recco’s podcast linked by Aaron Breitman and The Scarlet Faithful.

Last edited:
100 percent respectfully disagree. Aside from defense (and he had a tough time covering his man on screens) he offered nothing on offense. Cam started for a patriot league team and he is exponentially better than Jalen on every level.
DII or low manor rotation at best. This is NOT to minimize any contributions he made to team culture or practice. We thank him for that!
How many times can you shit on the kid in one thread?. Jesus. Just wish him well and move on.

I'm guessing it was Jalen's dad, who inboxed me a few weeks ago. He was bothered that I said we need to make better use of our scholarships, and I mentioned Jalen's name in the comment 🤣

Good luck Jalen. Makes sense since we are bringing in other quick guards, Jamichael and Dellquan.

Reactions: satnom
Best of luck to him , if he lands where it won't affect any of RU's regular season games..
If the program he jlands at plays RU, then I hope his game cost his team the game, but the rest of the season he finds pleasure .

You never know what could happen. He can play. Personally, I would not rule out seeing him go someplace at the same level and succeeding. Different situations often yield different results. And it doesn't hurt that he's apparently a super kid ("kid," ha ha, he's a grown-ass man who could kick my you-know-what).

Good luck Jalen...

Appreciative of the contributions he made the last couple years. Wishing him luck wherever he ends up next. Thanks Jalen.

Jalen could most certainly put the glove on my game…even with my new goggles. It’s amazing how short he looks in BigTen games because he isn’t that short. Best of luck to him.

Best of luck to Jalen.
On one hand it looks like Pike was the only one to believe and give him as a shot at the high major level so that’s the positive aspect of the situation.
On the other it must suck to have to transfer and make new friends get acclimated in a new school, system etc.
Sorry it didn’t work for 4 years here.

Seems like a good kid played hard and unselfishly burned his redshirt.

Best of luck to Jalen.
On one hand it looks like Pike was the only one to believe and give him as a shot at the high major level so that’s the positive aspect of the situation.
On the other it must suck to have to transfer and make new friends get acclimated in a new school, system etc.
Sorry it didn’t work for 4 years here.

Seems like a good kid played hard and unselfishly burned his redshirt.
hmmm.. hope another Big Ten team doesn't take him to learn how Pike teaches his D.

I really thank him for burning a year of eligibility for us last year. Our season turned around last year when Pike started to emphasize defense and reduce from the rotation guys that didn’t. Miller was a part of that turn around. We all remember the picture of him at the Purdue game playing D

I will root for him more than any recent transfer. He is my kind of guy.

If I’m fact he does transfer. Going to the portal doesn’t mean transferring. Good be gauging interest.

I'm guessing it was Jalen's dad, who inboxed me a few weeks ago. He was bothered that I said we need to make better use of our scholarships, and I mentioned Jalen's name in the comment 🤣
I still trust Pike. Jalen practiced hard, contributed to team and was a valuable member of the team. I don't blame his dad or anyone else for giving you a hard time about that comment.

Best of luck and thank you/appreciation to Jalen

Good luck in the future Jalen.

You gave your all for RU.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: Rokodesh
Jay Young a good spot for him

Fits right into their scheme (win with defense and try not to hurt anybody shooting the ball)

Best of luck to Jalen. He was a true team player who always gave 100 % on and off the court. All of our guys were so much pulling for the team. We have great chemistry. I see it up close at every practice I attend. I think most felt he would enter the portal. I think he realized that Simpson was ahead of him and Jamichael Davis a PG coming in next fall is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
You never know what could happen. He can play. Personally, I would not rule out seeing him go someplace at the same level and succeeding. Different situations often yield different results. And it doesn't hurt that he's apparently a super kid ("kid," ha ha, he's a grown-ass man who could kick my you-know-what).

Good luck Jalen...
This is my sentiment as well. He has the physical tools and the desire to succeed, and puts in the type of effort that any coach will love.

I get the sense that in the right environment, his complete talents, including on offense, will be unlocked and he will be a regular contributor on the D1 level.

He needs to find a team whose coaches will encourage him to shoot whenever he has a good look, and not worry about deferring to others even when he’s wide open.

Thank you for giving us your best. We will keep rooting for you wherever you go

As I said in a text to some friends today, thanks to Jalen for all his hard work and efforts and good luck in the NEC. Seemed like a very likable kid, but just not enough offensive talent to get much PT here. Would be surprised if he's the only one headed to the portal...

If you are seeing the court in the big ten low d1 will have interest and even perhaps mid major programs

I’m 95 percent sure he will land on D1 roster.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Most MAAC teams would want him. Rider, Quinnipiac, Niagara, Marist, Siena, etc

Appreciative of the contributions he made the last couple years. Wishing him luck wherever he ends up next. Thanks Jalen.
Same here. And I'd love to see him go somewhere where they'll be able to work with him to improve his shooting so that he can be a bigger part of the offense.... I hope he has a lot of success wherever he ends up playing.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If I was Jalen and his family, I would aim for George Mason University. That's a very nice school, beautiful campus, good environment and area. Close to where he's from. Good basketball program. With Kim English now at Providence, it may be more realistic. George Mason is a nice school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT