ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Jasire Peterson decommits from Rutgers

I have no issue with these kids changing their minds. It can be frustrating at times, but it’s understandable. And, I appreciate that other schools will always draw the eyes of recruits. That said, I always find it odd the awe that some of our fans have for PSU. I mean we have posters in here essentially admitting they’d go to PSU instead of RU. All good. But they’re keeping it real as a “fan.” Haha.

Rutgers fanbase is full of complete amateurs. When a recruit decommits, it's because he's afraid of competition?? Dude has interest from Penn State, and nearly every recruit looks at that program as a better landing spot than Rutgers. It's almost hilarious how insular and in how much in denial this fanbase is. GS hasn't accomplished anything meaningful so far and yet we already have commits leaving because there's too much competition at Rutgers? 🤦🏽‍♂️

I, like you, take one post and apply it to the while fan base.

Therefore, based on this post, the fan base is a bunch of known it all blowhards.

Rutgers fanbase is full of complete amateurs. When a recruit decommits, it's because he's afraid of competition?? Dude has interest from Penn State, and nearly every recruit looks at that program as a better landing spot than Rutgers. It's almost hilarious how insular and in how much in denial this fanbase is. GS hasn't accomplished anything meaningful so far and yet we already have commits leaving because there's too much competition at Rutgers? 🤦🏽‍♂️
Wow. Glad you don’t recruit for us.

Reactions: redking and RuBird
This sentiment doesn’t help. We have 30 OL on roster and opposing coaches are manipulating the hell out of him.

This guy has been fully committed to RU for a year, and had courage to commit to us wayyyy early. He also clearly says he still loves Rutgers and is exploring.

This is likely more a case of dozens of coaches getting in his head, ie:

“We want you to start as a freshman! Look at Rutgers thinks of you.”

When as our only 2023 OL, he’d be in perfect position to develop here under awesome mentors.

He’s not a coward, he’s an 18 year old kid. If he quit on us next December, right before signing day, that’d be different.
Never called him a coward, but he is a quitter. When faced with the possibility of having to fight for playing time, he quit. He is an 18 year old young man who didn't live up to his commitment, period. Stop making excuses for young men who have been given every opportunity in life and now have to chance to play college football for a free education, and in many cases at the P5 level, for profit.

I have no issue with these kids changing their minds. It can be frustrating at times, but it’s understandable. And, I appreciate that other schools will always draw the eyes of recruits. That said, I always find it odd the awe that some of our fans have for PSU. I mean we have posters in here essentially admitting they’d go to PSU instead of RU. All good. But they’re keeping it real as a “fan.” Haha.
That has always been the case, we have a ton of closet Penn State fans on this board, no news there.

“ He really really wanted to be HERE .” Evidently Jasire who was 16 at the time had a change of heart between then and Thursday. It happens sometime . My personal thinking on it is he got caught up at the time of the other 2022 commits in particular linemen. Is Nelson Monegro a high school teammate of his by chance? The other OP is also correct we have a bunch of closet PSU fans who claim to be all for Rutgers.

Wow, you’re so dumb that you don’t know you’re dumb!

That has always been the case, we have a ton of closet Penn State fans on this board, no news there.
It took me years to realize that there are pretend Rutgers fans on this site. Why a fan of other schools would come on here and pretend to be a Rutgers fan is beyond me. Some even use Rutgers references in their name.Looking back, it should have been obvious in less than a week. Some are on here everyday.

PSU making overtures
Anybody who would go to PSU should go! They don’t belong here!

Never called him a coward, but he is a quitter. When faced with the possibility of having to fight for playing time, he quit. He is an 18 year old young man who didn't live up to his commitment, period. Stop making excuses for young men who have been given every opportunity in life and now have to chance to play college football for a free education, and in many cases at the P5 level, for profit.
So you think at a place like Penn State he won't have to work for playing time? Seriously while the recent transfers will help it not like they are all Americans. At most those guys will have one season left by the time he gets on campus.

So are you a quitter if you change jobs? If you broke up with a girlfriend? Life changes and people move in different directions. I don't understand how adults get on their soap box because a 16-17 year old changes his mind.

Reactions: RUMED
So you think at a place like Penn State he won't have to work for playing time? Seriously while the recent transfers will help it not like they are all Americans. At most those guys will have one season left by the time he gets on campus.

So are you a quitter if you change jobs? If you broke up with a girlfriend? Life changes and people move in different directions. I don't understand how adults get on their soap box because a 16-17 year old changes his mind.
As a diehard Rutgers fan you should know that most of us have experienced a long history of many of New Jersey's finest high school football recruits heading off to Happy Valley to play for Pennsylvania. And understand the frustration many are feeling right now. It's especially tough if the individual had teased our fans by previously making a "commitment" to New Jersey's state university. But I've sorta gotten used to it.
And besides, this guy committed to RU as a junior....long before SEVEN other senior OL recruits signed with Rutgers a few weeks ago. And four OL transfers recently announced they were coming to Piscataway as well. He's an impressive prospect and I wish he had stayed committed to RU.
You should be able to understand the reactions of many here to the guy's change of heart....especially if he seems headed to Pedd State.

The “quitter” is class of 2023 and he committed when he was a sophomore. He made an “agreement” which is NON-BINDING. It’s like a letter of intent.

Kind of unreasonable to expect that people would pick their college in 10th grade.

I’m not making excuses. Just informing you how life works. If you have more realistic expectations you might find you’ll be more cheerful.

It took me years to realize that there are pretend Rutgers fans on this site. Why a fan of other schools would come on here and pretend to be a Rutgers fan is beyond me. Some even use Rutgers references in their name.Looking back, it should have been obvious in less than a week. Some are on here everyday.
Heaven - Because they are LLOOOSSSEERRSS with no life.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I would love to hear a "current" explanation for this sort of opinion? JoePa/Sandusky are long gone.

Ask a Michigan fan why a kid shouldn’t go to OSU or vice versa. I don’t know what he meant by his post but it might simply be that RU fans don’t always need to be so understanding when kids chose to go somewhere else. It’s ok to love RU and turn your back on kids who go elsewhere. That’s part of the whole college sports thing.

Ask a Michigan fan why a kid shouldn’t go to OSU or vice versa. I don’t know what he meant by his post but it might simply be that RU fans don’t always need to be so understanding when kids chose to go somewhere else. It’s ok to love RU and turn your back on kids who go elsewhere. That’s part of the whole college sports thing.
most of our fans with blind PSU hate are referring to Sandusky. It isn't a football thing

Reactions: ashokan
most of our fans with blind PSU hate are referring to Sandusky. It isn't a football thing

I’m not saying you’re wrong but we have a lot of fans who view RU in the same way as those who are not even fans: the old RU is a good school but it’s a fall back, etc. And there is a weird thing that people in NJ have for PSU that I’ll never understand (and it has nothing to do with JS).

respect the opinion here, but best guess it is not correct

I think this is more likely the common situation of a young man taking the first offer from his in state program...... and at the time was thrilled with that offer

now, we have some of the traditionally strong programs showing interest, inviting him to their junior day, and he is interested in looking around..... our coaching staff seems less likely to allow that now, they may have tolerated it in past years....

so, the player decommits.... I had heard he wanted to go to the PSU junior day, might be there right now if it is the same weekend as ours

I also believe he did not quit because of the competition....
the bigger the program, the tougher it would be to become a starter.....it is not just the number of signees like we have , its the quality top to bottom at a place like PSU, that would make it hard there also, and I am sure he understands that

There’s two things in life my friends that causes us to make our decisions, that’s fear and love , and right now I’m going with Jasire Peterson is not loving RU , that may change over time but not too worry, because of the transfer portal you can now plug a player in at a position of need who already has gone to battle in the trenches instead of waiting two or 3 years before you know if the player will be a baller.

There’s two things in life my friends that causes us to make our decisions, that’s fear and love , and right now I’m going with Jasire Peterson is not loving RU , that may change over time but not too worry, because of the transfer portal you can now plug a player in at a position of need who already has gone to battle in the trenches instead of waiting two or 3 years before you know if the player will be a baller.
I give credit to Greg Schiano and his staff if what Jasire Peterson claims as the reason is fact. Telling a committed recruit ( Schiano has ALWAYS had this policy) Don’t commit until you are absolutely sure. If you do commit then you can’t go on other trips to other schools and our offer is voided. It’s out front with these players and Schiano is good with the process either way. I don’t blame the kid as much as his advisors and most have someone they rely upon. Family, high school coaches etc. The kid would be more than welcome and appreciated. Perhaps he wasn’t aware or used us as that SAFETY school ?

Reactions: Dpgru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT