ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremiah Williams May Be Eligible Soon: Decision Wednesday 10am

So when does our player J. Williams suit up and get into a game? How about Saturday?

Wow. I wonder if there is is a real path to him planning after this ruling? Even if he is cleared, it could be for only 2 weeks.

Was there ever an initial suspension handed down for the gambling thing? Not be rain on the parade, but that will still need to be addressed or at least appealed.
No word on punishment ever reported. He's been in eligibility-purgatory this whole time.

I kept mentioning the RU backcourt and Jeremiah Williams based on his potential impact. You obviously cannot predict anything with the NCAA, because they're corrupt and wildly inconsistent, but if this gets cleared up, it helps RU and a bunch of other schools.

Was there ever an initial suspension handed down for the gambling thing? Not be rain on the parade, but that will still need to be addressed or at least appealed.
Richie said he doesn’t think there will be a suspension, as JW took a plea. My feeling is he should at least be allowed to play in January after missing half the season due to a transfer rule that has temporarily been deemed unlawful (or something like that, I’m not a lawyer, lol).

Ledger:

…Jeremiah Williams' status in light of the news regarding the NCAA's transfer waiver policy. Our understanding is that Williams' will not play until the NCAA rules on the Iowa gambling case. There is no timetable for that ruling, but in a best-case scenario, the NCAA gives Williams' a half-year suspension that allows him to play later this season. He would bring some much-needed size to the backcourt. --SP

Wake Forest's center, Efton Reid, who became eligible last week against us is a two time transfer? How is he eligible and not Williams?
Depends on personal situation, hardships, etc. Don't know specifics of Reid's case but the general rule is you can't transfer twice without sitting out a year.

Not to mention Williams has the gambling thing hanging over him

I know kid made a mistake with the gambling matter (thinking a lot under 21 kids do gamble) but isn’t it about time the punishment ends. Kid transfers from Temple to Iowa St but doesn’t play at ALL due to injury and now judges’ decision cancels out
the two transfer rule. Perhaps, we can get some RU attorneys involved and go to bat for Jeremiah and settle with gambling penalty issue. It’s unfair for kid not to know when he can be eligible to play, he’s sat out 1+ year already. NCAA has no reason to delay making a decision and RU lawyers should argue the need to help this kid. To be sitting here today, not knowing his future is unfair to this kid. He, at very least, should be given a reinstatement date, NOW ! The RU attorney should pressure the NCAA to support Jeremiah and settle the matter immediately so this kid can resume his BB career.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I know kid made a mistake with the gambling matter (thinking a lot under 21 kids do gamble) but isn’t it about time the punishment ends. Kid transfers from Temple to Iowa St but doesn’t play at ALL due to injury and now judges’ decision cancels out
the two transfer rule. Perhaps, we can get some RU attorneys involved and go to bat for Jeremiah and settle with gambling penalty issue. It’s unfair for kid not to know when he can be eligible to play, he’s sat out 1+ year already. NCAA has no reason to delay making a decision and RU lawyers should argue the need to help this kid. To be sitting here today, not knowing his future is unfair to this kid. He, at very least, should be given a reinstatement date, NOW ! The RU attorney should pressure the NCAA to support Jeremiah and settle the matter immediately so this kid can resume his BB career.
We need Richard Kent to sue to NCAA for us

The NCAA first and foremost should be looking out for the interests of the students. That doesn't mean they don't enforce the rules when students break those rules. But it sure as hell does mean they need to render prompt decisions and not leave kids in limbo for no particular reason...effectively punishing them 2 or 3 times for the same infraction.

The NCAA first and foremost should be looking out for the interests of the students. That doesn't mean they don't enforce the rules when students break those rules. But it sure as hell does mean they need to render prompt decisions and not leave kids in limbo for no particular reason...effectively punishing them 2 or 3 times for the same infraction.
The NCAA is biased and corrupt to the hilt. Most schools in P5 would push back some or use whatever influences they can muster together. SEC/ACC seem to have this down pat. Is that because the NCAA is a southern sports entity?

Rutgers will have to submit an appeal to the NCAA to consider this solution. That appeal will take as long as 85 billion years to process.
I hate the NCAA and how Rutgers just bends over on this crap...as far opposite of what a school like UM does as possible. You don't think the NCAA could have been addressing the infraction as the same time? No lets wait and screw the kid and screw Rutgers (like the football player). The inconsistency of the NCAA is maddening and it just pisses me off Rutgers leadership doesn't call this stuff out ..hoping to get rewarded for being the good guys. (that's my opinion).

I hate the NCAA and how Rutgers just bends over on this crap...as far opposite of what a school like UM does as possible. You don't think the NCAA could have been addressing the infraction as the same time? No lets wait and screw the kid and screw Rutgers (like the football player). The inconsistency of the NCAA is maddening and it just pisses me off Rutgers leadership doesn't call this stuff out ..hoping to get rewarded for being the good guys. (that's my opinion).
Because unless you pay for a lawsuit you don’t stand a chance.
So
So we see why this player will be sitting for the season. Thanks NCAA ….Total BS in this action and this player has said yes I gambled … so NCAA determines we do need a scape goat. The RU player has already served more time away than those NC players etc.

This is crazy. If they want to hate on RU rule against the kid and give him a stiff punishment. We won’t like it but so be it. There’s no reason for the punishment on the gambling thing to be an open NCAA item right now. It happened over a year ago right? What are they sitting on? Just make a decision on his punishment and move on. The 2 time transfer thing is besides the point. There’s no way this time to date should not “count”. That would make no sense as it would then be a double punishment. Iowa State released him. They made the double transfer decision - not him. Why should he first be punished for that (which wasn’t even his decision), and then again for the gambling?

Jeremiah Williams is easily RUs best or most complete guard since Geo Baker and that's without a consistent jumper. He is an immediate impact starter on this year's roster.

I have zero idea what Jeremiah Williams would do if he was eligible by the end of December or sooner, but I am more intrigued if he played his 2 years this year and next year, vs him sitting all of this year and thinking/hoping he is here at RU for the 2025-26 season. I have always maintained that the NCAA rules will end their relevancy and the big conferences will break away and form their own coalition/league by 2030.
If the NCAA rules are tossed en mass, who is to say that the 4 years of eligibility won't disappear with it? We could see guys playing in college at age 35 and having 18 year college careers.

Each and every student athlete impacted by this ruling needs to know by the end of 2023 their status as to when they can play .Their are too many ifs,ands and buts which leaves everyone shaking their head regarding the incompetence of the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT