ADVERTISEMENT

July—Official Practice Center Countdown Thread

I was going to post something on this as well.

Its going to be HUGE for our guys to have access to their own gym 24/7. Run practices whenever they want, access to weight room whenever they want etc.

Right now the RAC court and weightroom are shared amongst so many teams. I read something that the women's team ran practices AFTER some of the men's games ended and were cleaned up. That's crazy for a P5 school.

Can't wait for this to open and to see it and hear about our guys using it and loving it .

Maybe we'll see a few percentage points on shooting accuracy attributed to the extra hours in the new environment - we can only hope and pray.

Do you think they'll do some sort of open house when it opens? Would like to take a spin around the inside. Would be a good way to show appreciation to donors of the build fund.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Rcube,
My guess is that there will be two or three Open Houses. Maybe one for the folks from RWJ Saint Barnabas/Rutgers Med School including Sports Medicine staff, one for the big donors, and one for the season ticketholders/general public. Just a guess.

Took a walk around the site Saturday while I was at the Rutgers Baseball doubleheader (we split with Ohio State) and there were a bunch of guys working. One guy with a mini-bulldozer was flying around smoothing out the dirt--he looked like he was 41st in a NASCAR race. They have just started installing curbing and sidewalks.---Sideline20, you may be right. We may be looking at the opening in less than 100 days. By the way, in the artists renderings it looks kind of tan,but it actually is closer to white in person. Can not wait !!!

Just wondering who will be the first recruit to enter once facility is complete...would love to see picture/video of that moment for that will be simply historic for RU!!!

The first ones through the doors should be all the living former players and coaches,followed by the current players and staff.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I know someone at RU (not in Athletics) who told me last Spring that once the practice center is completed, there will be more concerts at The RAC. Availability has been the problem. From early October to early March, the RAC has been used for pratices on almost a daily basis for TWO basketball teams. Between the two teams,gymnastics, and wrestling, that is about 45 dates for actual events. Then throw in random events like the Dance Marathon, several Commencements, and the High School basketball championships,that is more dates. And remember, school is closed most of December and January. In addition to RAC concerts, I would like to see some concerts at Rutgers Stadium in the Summer. We have to find new ways to get the public on campus and make Rutgers an entertainment center for much of New Jersey. Parents and their children need to become familiar with Rutgers long before the end of high school.

lol Oldtimer, I was talking about that with several people at the Rutgers Baseball games on Saturday. They had no idea what I was talking about. I don't think anyone is actually registering. It is a stupid thing to ask people to do,if you ask me.

rwj-dusk-front-door.jpg

This facility is going to be a game changer going forward.

I would love to see updated progress on the inside. I havent been to campus since the last home bball game.

Early June Opening per Coach Pike-- One of the most important moments in Rutgers sports history-- CAN NOT WAIT !!!

After our coaching staff and players and former players the first ones who should get a tour of the new facility are the donors who pledged to make this a reality. I know I am certainly looking forward to a tour. I am sure most of our Court Club members all contributed as well.

Some Rutgers coaches went on a tour of the interior this passed Thursday. By the way, the Athletes Lounge will be indoors/outdoors.

Reactions: dkostus
This is great. I sure hope that those of us who contributed to the fund are among the first to take a tour. I am looking forward to it.

Reactions: RUJMM78
It's been a while since Rutgers released updated photos of the inside where all the work is being done right now.
I wouldn't be surprised that some office areas are almost completed except for furniture /phones etc.The practice facility rooms probably will be the last to be completed because they entail the most space and unique requirements for each sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT