ADVERTISEMENT

July 23 Rutgers Day on BTN - Includes New Show "Rutgers Rise"

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
A day of Rutgers sports on BTN July 23rd.

One game that stands out for me is the 2011 Florida vs Rutgers men’s basketball game. I Haven’t seen this one on BTN before. It’s scheduled for 9:30pm.

Have it set to record.

There is also a half hour show called Rutgers Rise, no details given, not sure what it is but set up to record it also. It’s scheduled for 7:30pm.

Some football games listed as well as women’s sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutHut and IMARUFAN
6:00am
BTN Women's Gymnastics: Penn State at Rutgers

8:00am
BTN Field Hockey: Rutgers at Michigan State

10:00am
BTN Women's Lacrosse: Rutgers at Michigan

12:00pm
BTN Women's Basketball: North Carolina State at Rutgers

2:00pm
BTN Softball: Rutgers at Illinois

4:00pm
A Celebration at the Birthplace TV-PG

5:00pm
The B1G Show

Get an inside look at what's going on around the Big Ten including exclusive interviews, guests and in-depth analysis.

5:30pm
Rutgers Football Classic: Michigan at Rutgers - 10/4/14

This show will also reair:

• Aug. 17, 2020 7:00pm
  • Aug. 25, 2020 9:00am

6:30pm
RUTGERS RISE

7:00pm
Rutgers Football Classic: 2006 Texas Bowl - Rutgers vs. Kansas State - 12/28/06

• Aug. 17, 2020 6:00pm

8:00pm
Rutgers Football Classic: South Florida at Rutgers - 10/18/07

• Aug. 17, 2020 9:00pm

9:00pm
The B1G Show

Get an inside look at what's going on around the Big Ten including exclusive interviews, guests and in-depth analysis.

9:30pm
Rutgers Basketball Classic: Florida at Rutgers - 12/29/11

10:30pm
Rutgers Basketball Classic: B1G Tournament: Rutgers vs. Indiana - 3/1/18

12:00am
Big Ten Elite: 1976 Rutgers Basketball TV-PG

Re-live the excitement of the greatest Rutgers basketball team of all time- the 1976 team that finished the regular season undefeated before falling to Michigan in the Final Four.

1:00am
BTN Men's Soccer: Rutgers at Indiana

3:00am
The B1G Show

3:30am
BTN Wrestling: Rutgers at Michigan State

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Good to see the Florida hoops game on the list. That was a great game with an outstanding performance by Eli Carter. It gets lost in Rutgers history because of how things ended under Rice.

Reactions: bossnj1 and MadRU
Good to see the Florida hoops game on the list. That was a great game with an outstanding performance by Eli Carter. It gets lost in Rutgers history because of how things ended under Rice.

That’s the one I’m looking forward to seeing again.

I like the sound of Rutgers Rise. I also like that these Rutgers Day feature many of the big wins we've had in many sports so that anyone watching might begin to see the tremendous potential of Rutgers athletics here on the Banks.

Out here (Tucson) we don't have BTN so I hope that people will put some reports here, especially on the Rutgers Rise program. That could be very interesting.

A day of Rutgers sports on BTN July 23rd.

One game that stands out for me is the 2011 Florida vs Rutgers men’s basketball game. I Haven’t seen this one on BTN before. It’s scheduled for 9:30pm.

Have it set to record.

There is also a half hour show called Rutgers Rise, no details given, not sure what it is but set up to record it also. It’s scheduled for 6:30pm.

Some football games listed as well as women’s sports.

I like the sound of Rutgers Rise. I also like that these Rutgers Day feature many of the big wins we've had in many sports so that anyone watching might begin to see the tremendous potential of Rutgers athletics here on the Banks.

Out here (Tucson) we don't have BTN so I hope that people will put some reports here, especially on the Rutgers Rise program. That could be very interesting.

Rutgers Rise = Follows Coach Greg Schiano journey at Rutgers and his efforts to bring success to the Scarlet Knights football program

Reactions: RutHut
Reactions: satnom
Just got an email about Rutgers Rise:

"Rutgers Rise" to Debut July 23 on BTN
mail

Building from the hiring of head coach Greg Schiano in Dec. 2000 to “Pandemonium in Piscataway,” Big Ten Network will debut the first part of a 2-part new Rutgers football documentary on July 23 at 7:30 p.m. The 30-minute feature is produced by Awesome Films.

The documentary recalls Schiano taking over the Scarlet Knights and instilling a new culture, raising the level of recruiting and player development, in addition to rejuvenating the fan base. Hear perspective from media members, former players and others who experienced the first Schiano tenure.

It was the strangest intentional lack of acknowledgment of our history that I have ever seen.
I still can't believe JackAsh didn't want to schedule Princeton. And didn't really care about having a game on the weekend closest to the date.

I still can't believe JackAsh didn't want to schedule Princeton. And didn't really care about having a game on the weekend closest to the date.
Yup. Like I said, weirdly intentional and incredibly arrogant. But not surprising given how he started his tenure with the elimination of the Spring Football awards that paid tribute to our history.

Reactions: RC71
Yup. Like I said, weirdly intentional and incredibly arrogant. But not surprising given how he started his tenure with the elimination of the Spring Football awards that paid tribute to our history.
Actually he set the tone for his whole time here in one of his original interviews where he basically trashed the players he was inheriting.

Probably worth checking out:

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...ll-air-how-to-watch-online-without-cable.html

A documentary on the rise of the Rutgers football program during head coach Greg Schiano’s first stint in Piscataway debuts on Big Ten Network on Thursday, July 23, 2020 (7/23/20). The 30-minute episode, which debuts at 7:30 p.m. eastern, is titled “Rutgers Rise,” and is the first half of the two-part documentary.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...ll-air-how-to-watch-online-without-cable.html

A documentary on the rise of the Rutgers football program during head coach Greg Schiano’s first stint in Piscataway debuts on Big Ten Network on Thursday, July 23, 2020 (7/23/20). The 30-minute episode, which debuts at 7:30 p.m. eastern, is titled “Rutgers Rise,” and is the first half of the two-part documentary.
Very Cool! Already set to record!!!

Reactions: T2Kplus10

When I saw that it was a 30 minute show, I thought that may be a little short. Good to see it’s two parts.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I set my DVR to record it. I enjoyed the hell out of 2006 and have always been very proud of that season. Don't jump all over me but I am starting to feel like we're becoming like fans we've laughed at for looking back at old glory who have done nothing since then. We always make fun of Syracuse and some other teams for that. I guess I'm just hungry for some success now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT