ADVERTISEMENT

Question on viewing RU/UM game after it's done

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
I know there are many savvy tech folks on the board, so figured I'd see if anyone knows how to do this. Specifically, I'm in Florida for my dad's 90th birthday party and we scheduled this for 12-3 pm months before the UM game time was announced, so I don't want to watch the game during the party (would be a bit rude), but I'm pretty sure none of the attendees is a rabid college football fan, so I ought to be able to maintain radio silence during the game, but I'd like to watch the game soon after it's over.

Problem is that the DVR recording at our house is inaccessible to us remotely from either my laptop or our phones via the Optimum app. We've tried with other past DVR recordings and Optimum Tech Support says we should be able to do this, but couldn't help us figure it out - can only "manage" DVR recordings away from home, i.e., record, delete and such, but not playback.

Unless there's some trick to it we're not aware of, I was just looking at BTN and I can see that there are previous sporting events one can watch, but have no idea when the RU/UM game would be available to view (either in full or the 60 min version) - if it were available soon after the game, that would be easy for me from my laptop (was just watching the RU-UM soccer match from earlier today). I was also wondering if I just started watching the game at the very beginning and paused it, would it hold the pause for 3 hours (seems doubtful). I've also seen the live stream listed as being on Fox Sports and Fubo (free trial), but have no idea if those are accessible after the game either. Worst case, I end up just checking the score and finding out how we did and watching it whenever, but if anyone has any easy suggestions for accessing the game after the game is over, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Download the Fox Sports app on your smart device and scroll to the replays section. They have full game replays. I’ll be doing the same tomorrow. If you can put the app on a smart tv (apple tv, firestick, etc) that’s the best option otherwise you have to be careful about being spoiled when using it on your phone or laptop as you navigate fox sports.

I’m assuming your dad and his friends are old so 20 minutes after the party starts and they all start talking about their ailments, just turn the game on and sit and watch. Keep the sound low or put in 1 earbud and listen to the radio broadcast
Lol. Sad but probably true.

OR you can get Youtube TV. I watched the Cardinals playoff game "tape delay" last year on my phone in my hotel room in Boston despite my TV being in at my house in Oregon. You should be able to watch anything you have recorded via the youtube TV AP on your phone or any computer if you log in.
I record every college football game every week and go back and watch any one I want at my leisure - with no commercials!! (I fast forward through)

Second Fox Sports app. Full game will be sitting there ready to watch and can use your cable sign-in.

Maybe even grab a cheap Roku or Fire stick to watch on TV instead of phone/computer. Sign in with the latter first, tho, to make sure it works. Don't think they'll block you for being outside your home area but can't verify.

I’m assuming your dad and his friends are old so 20 minutes after the party starts and they all start talking about their ailments, just turn the game on and sit and watch. Keep the sound low or put in 1 earbud and listen to the radio broadcast
If only, lol - unfortunately, most of his friends/peers are gone or really gone, so most of the crowd will be his 3 kids, spouses, and grandkids/SOs, plus a few other relatives/friends, so mostly folks from 25-65.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Download the Fox Sports app on your smart device and scroll to the replays section. They have full game replays. I’ll be doing the same tomorrow. If you can put the app on a smart tv (apple tv, firestick, etc) that’s the best option otherwise you have to be careful about being spoiled when using it on your phone or laptop as you navigate fox sports.
I downloaded the Fox Sports App on my phone (didn't appear to be able to download it to my laptop - would prefer to watch on a much larger screen than my phone) and I see nothing about the game or replays in general. I have a ton to do to prep for this party, so I don't have time to figure this out before it, so I'll likely just have to check the score during the party (it's at a bar and grill) and watch it when I get home. Thanks for the effort - I've never become an advanced smart phone user (my main use is as a phone and a traffic app and looking stuff up when I'm mobile), so I'm probably missing something simple. It's also extremely rare that I'm away from home during football season, so this isn't something that's really come up in years.

Lol. Sad but probably true.

OR you can get Youtube TV. I watched the Cardinals playoff game "tape delay" last year on my phone in my hotel room in Boston despite my TV being in at my house in Oregon. You should be able to watch anything you have recorded via the youtube TV AP on your phone or any computer if you log in.
I record every college football game every week and go back and watch any one I want at my leisure - with no commercials!! (I fast forward through)
Case in point...
I just watched the USF v Bama game and Purdue v Wisc game on my phone sitting in a campground 2 hrs from home. I have virtually unlimited cloud storage for games/programs and can watch any for 9 months after recording them. I can still watch RU hoops games from last season. So I get all college games that are broadcast on any network that Youtube TV carries - not just Fox programs or ESPN games. And none of that primary B1G Network game crap where RU is relegated to random secondary channels you cant find. Just set it to record all college football and then search for the team you want to watch.

Reactions: RU848789
I downloaded the Fox Sports App on my phone (didn't appear to be able to download it to my laptop - would prefer to watch on a much larger screen than my phone) and I see nothing about the game or replays in general. I have a ton to do to prep for this party, so I don't have time to figure this out before it, so I'll likely just have to check the score during the party (it's at a bar and grill) and watch it when I get home. Thanks for the effort - I've never become an advanced smart phone user (my main use is as a phone and a traffic app and looking stuff up when I'm mobile), so I'm probably missing something simple. It's also extremely rare that I'm away from home during football season, so this isn't something that's really come up in years.

Did you sign in?

If only, lol - unfortunately, most of his friends/peers are gone or really gone, so most of the crowd will be his 3 kids, spouses, and grandkids/SOs, plus a few other relatives/friends, so mostly folks from 25-65.
Congratulations to your Dad and his family. My Mom is 95, and in a similar situation as your Dad. Every day is a gift.

Congratulations to your Dad and his family. My Mom is 95, and in a similar situation as your Dad. Every day is a gift.
Mine just called it quits 2 months shy of 99. Funeral was a blast. Siblings, cousins, old neighbors and childhood friends, grandkids and great grandkids , etc

Did you sign in?
Can't tell if you're busting chops or not, but yes. And finally, after doing some googling on how to watch replays on the app, I finally figured out that I needed to click on the "watch" icon at the bottom of the page to get to replays by scrolling down - I can see recent games there, so presumably the RU game will be available not long after it's over. The default mode that comes up on the app is "home" and I kept scrolling around to try to find replays (even did a search on the app with no returns), but no luck. Every detail matters with computers, lol.

So, hopefully this will work. Thanks all for the suggestions. As an aside, I'm not a total Luddite, lol, as I've watched tons of things "live" from the road, while traveling, but this is the first time I've ever needed to watch a replay of something, hence my struggle...

Completely agree - and he feels that way too. Just wish he didn't live in FL, lol.

Mine just called it quits 2 months shy of 99. Funeral was a blast. Siblings, cousins, old neighbors and childhood friends, grandkids and great grandkids , etc

Wow, condolences, but mostly congrats, as I agree that those situations are mostly a celebration of a life well lived - was like that for my wife's 96 year old dad about 5 years ago as we hosted what was basically a big party. Only 2 great grandkids so far for my dad (my older sister's 5-year old hellion twin boys).

Not to worry numbers; when we beat them today you can watch all the replays you want on “Rutgers classic games” 😃
How great would that be to pull the upset today? Going to be really hard to not notice the score today, as my dad's party is in a bar/grill that will likely have every TV on the FSU-Clemson game (we have our own section, but it's not a private room).

As an aside, I'm not a total Luddite,
Oh yes you are. You refuse to switch to Spotify even though I’ve assured you that, for an avid music lover like you, it’ll be the equivalent of humanity’s discovery of fire.

That’s the epitome of a Luddite right there. 🙂

Give J a hug for me and cherish the time with your family. There will be numerous other opportunities to watch us get our butts kicked in football.

when you open the app on your phone, tap “watch” at the bottom. Then scroll down until you find the video category “replays”. You may have to scroll to the right to find the game depending on how long after it finishes you want to watch it.

You may have to link your cable account, that’s super easy and it will prompt you how to

Oh yes you are. You refuse to switch to Spotify even though I’ve assured you that, for an avid music lover like you, it’ll be the equivalent of humanity’s discovery of fire.

That’s the epitome of a Luddite right there. 🙂

Give J a hug for me and cherish the time with your family. There will be numerous other opportunities to watch us get our butts kicked in football.
Have tried it and I just like radio with actual DJ's on a huge variety of channels playing songs I love and songs I've never heard, but often love - and providing cool/interesting info on the music, which is why I like SiriusXM so much (and a few terrestrial radio stations, mostly college ones, like WRSU).

Plenty of hugs to go around today, thanks!

Reactions: mildone
when you open the app on your phone, tap “watch” at the bottom. Then scroll down until you find the video category “replays”. You may have to scroll to the right to find the game depending on how long after it finishes you want to watch it.

You may have to link your cable account, that’s super easy and it will prompt you how to
Thanks - finally figured the "watch" detail out as per my post above - I think I'm good to go!

Can't tell if you're busting chops or not, but yes. And finally, after doing some googling on how to watch replays on the app, I finally figured out that I needed to click on the "watch" icon at the bottom of the page to get to replays by scrolling down - I can see recent games there, so presumably the RU game will be available not long after it's over. The default mode that comes up on the app is "home" and I kept scrolling around to try to find replays (even did a search on the app with no returns), but no luck. Every detail matters with computers, lol.

So, hopefully this will work. Thanks all for the suggestions. As an aside, I'm not a total Luddite, lol, as I've watched tons of things "live" from the road, while traveling, but this is the first time I've ever needed to watch a replay of something, hence my struggle...
I have a Minisopuru 7in1 multiport adapter. I attach my phone to any size TV with HDMI cable. Can watch any game or movie full size. On the road, tailgates wherever. Plug a mouse or controller into the USB and life is a breeze.

Attach to projector is a whole nother cool thing.

Ha, nah was seriously asking. The way you said it originally, didn't sound like you had.

And sounds like the format's different on the phone.. On the TV, it's basically all games and programs - upcoming, live, rewatch.

Anyway, Fox App is the way to go. Enjoy the day with the family and go RU!

Couldn't help myself. At the party I peeked at one of the TVs and saw it was 14-7 at the half, which made me happy it wasn't a blowout. Then when I got back to our rental a few minutes ago to watch the 2nd half, the first screen that popped up was the fox app showing the final score, which I couldn't unsee, lol. Oh well. Just saw the highlights and team stats and my first impression is that it was a much more competitive game than the score indicated. That into had to be a killer with us driving and only down 10.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT