ADVERTISEMENT

June Olkowski on The Scarlet Spotlight podcast

RUJON

All Conference
Gold Member
Jun 23, 2001
This episode is a labor of love for me and one for the "old timers" or those who want to learn about Rutgers sports history.

40 years ago this month, the Rutgers women's basketball team won a national championship, the last-ever AIAW championship.

The star of that team was June Olkowski and her 45 hangs in the rafter at Jersey Mike's. I had the honor of broadcasting many of those team's games on WRSU and as some know a group of us is finalizing a documentary film on that team and its place in Rutgers and women's sports history.

June is great. Here's the interview: https://www.thescarletspotlight.com/podcast/2022/3/2/episode-103-june-olkowski

Danny and I also preview the men's game tonight and talk spring sports.

Please provide any feedback or comments in the string.

Thanks,

Jon

Reactions: MADHAT1
Great job as usual, Jon. Do you have a target date for the release of the documentary?

The new date for the premiere event is October 8th. There will be a limited number of tickets available to the general public for that event.

BTN will be airing the film sometime after that. Date TBD.

Another great interview and episode Danny and Jon.

It was great to hear June. Brings back the memories of having dinner at her parents house down the shore when her mom cooked and also going to different bars and partying at the Wildwood and North Wildwood bars with her.

Best of Luck,
Groz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT