ADVERTISEMENT

Kahleah Copper article

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Great read.
This lesson in humility proved valuable, and she got more of it when she went to Rutgers to play for the legendary coach C. Vivian Stringer. “When she got with Coach Stringer, that’s where a lot of humble started falling in,” Leticia says. “She was like, ‘Mom, Coach Stringer is crazier than you, but guess what? I can deal with her! Everybody else is going crazy, but I can deal with everything she throws at me, because of you.’ ”
Copper finished her college career third among Rutgers’ all-time scorers, and the Washington Mystics drafted her seventh overall in 2016. Still, she barely played her rookie season.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Great read.
This lesson in humility proved valuable, and she got more of it when she went to Rutgers to play for the legendary coach C. Vivian Stringer. “When she got with Coach Stringer, that’s where a lot of humble started falling in,” Leticia says. “She was like, ‘Mom, Coach Stringer is crazier than you, but guess what? I can deal with her! Everybody else is going crazy, but I can deal with everything she throws at me, because of you.’ ”
Copper finished her college career third among Rutgers’ all-time scorers, and the Washington Mystics drafted her seventh overall in 2016. Still, she barely played her rookie season.
Great article. Thanks for pointing out. I would not have seen it since Chicago mag is not on my reading list.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT