ADVERTISEMENT

Karl Anthony Towns working out and playing pickup at the RAC

I remember a thread about a year ago that non RU players or student athletes should not be allowed to use the Practice facility once it's built.....somehow I don't see that happening, whomever is a valid student athlete or player that's played here or D1, D2 ballers or class of 2020 to 2025 kids should have access to show off and spread the word about the investment RU has made in basketball.....#Gardenstatement

I remember a thread about a year ago that non RU players or student athletes should not be allowed to use the Practice facility once it's built.....somehow I don't see that happening, whomever is a valid student athlete or player that's played here or D1, D2 ballers or class of 2020 to 2025 kids should have access to show off and spread the word about the investment RU has made in basketball.....#Gardenstatement

If Towns wants to work out at the new Facility they should send a Limo to get him there.

Unless I’m confusing threads I think this was in regards to college football players using the bubble while they’re are home.

I have no problem with pro athletes coming home and using our facilities, I do have a problem with kids who are still enrolled in competing colleges (aka Penn State) coming and using our facilities.

Unless I’m confusing threads I think this was in regards to college football players using the bubble while they’re are home.

I have no problem with pro athletes coming home and using our facilities, I do have a problem with kids who are still enrolled in competing colleges (aka Penn State) coming and using our facilities.

I don't see the difference but whether it's the bubble or hoops practice facility, the kids and coaches around the state should be able to have any D1 to D2 or D3 player, within scheduled guidelines, see and workout at RU. And yes that means even the State Penn kids that are from NY, NJ etc.

Same thing for basketball, although I think thoughts of Villanova or Seton Hall kids running on campus, doesn't bother me as much as it probably would have 10 years ago. If Kyrie Irving who apparently bought a house in South Orange or somewhere recently, wanted to pop over this summer, by all means, let's have our facility be the highlight of the state. The more exposure, the better.

I don't see the difference but whether it's the bubble or hoops practice facility, the kids and coaches around the state should be able to have any D1 to D2 or D3 player, within scheduled guidelines, see and workout at RU. And yes that means even the State Penn kids that are from NY, NJ etc.

Same thing for basketball, although I think thoughts of Villanova or Seton Hall kids running on campus, doesn't bother me as much as it probably would have 10 years ago. If Kyrie Irving who apparently bought a house in South Orange or somewhere recently, wanted to pop over this summer, by all means, let's have our facility be the highlight of the state. The more exposure, the better.
Football and bball is apples and oranges imo, just the cultures around both sports. We can basically take anywhere from 3-4 kids a year in bball most years. So naturally there isnt hard feelings when a kid leaves NJ. However in football we are actively trying to land every nj kid and if he leaves NJ he most likely does so hurting the RU program.

It does seem to me like Pike is actively trying to market more to NJ kids recently though

I would draw the line at Eric Murdock

How about Murdock running an informal summer pickup game league featuring local current/former Pros playing with/against Rutgers players. They can play at the new Practice Facility starting next summer.

Last edited:
Well there you go. Now we can see how you seemed to confuse a huge bubble-shaped thing used for one sport with a non-bubble-shaped thing to be used for a totally different sport that hadn’t been fully built yet.

Man....I'm glad othere didn't misd that and we have great examples of fans pointing out the obvious of what should happen or not. I mean, let's not check credentials or ID.....of course that would make sense along with the waiver any other place requires as well.

I still remember Kyrie coming to midknight madness a few years back when Eli Carter was on the team. I feel like it’s never been that these top local players didn’t want to come to RU. It’s just never been in their best interest to. I think this is slowly changing and if we can continue to keep moving forward, this program could become a perennial top 25 program.

Man....I'm glad othere didn't misd that and we have great examples of fans pointing out the obvious of what should happen or not. I mean, let's not check credentials or ID.....of course that would make sense along with the waiver any other place requires as well.
Thanks for clearing that up.

need runs at the RAC like Rico Hines at UCLA, great PR. those videos are big with recruits i hear.

for both Football and Hoops we should allow NFL and NBA players no matter where they attended to come and train. they will spread the word to their friends and family that Rutgers is nice that can help recruiting.

As for current players at other D1 schools, especially teams we compete against, we should not allow them to train with our guys.

d2 guys should be allowed as it may lead to a transfer or walk on opportunity. Plus they will not recruit our kids away

Totally agree. That past thread was about football because Ash is our coach. The “Ash sucks” nuts use any opportunity to start yapping But here it’s different. Comical really. We should open our facilities to any pro who want to train.

Totally agree. That past thread was about football because Ash is our coach. The “Ash sucks” nuts use any opportunity to start yapping But here it’s different. Comical really. We should open our facilities to any pro who want to train.
HUH? People were upset because current psu players from NJ were at the bubble practicing. That's just wrong. One of our advantages for local talent is you can go home and come back to practice within a short drive. The psu players chose to go 3.5 hours away, so they can drive there to practice.

Same for any sport, no current college player should be allowed to practice in Rutgers facilities unless they are enrolled at the school. You choose Seton Hall, they have a high school gym in East Orange go practice there. Pro's the more the merrier, it's good publicity.

HUH? People were upset because current psu players from NJ were at the bubble practicing. That's just wrong. One of our advantages for local talent is you can go home and come back to practice within a short drive. The psu players chose to go 3.5 hours away, so they can drive there to practice.

Same for any sport, no current college player should be allowed to practice in Rutgers facilities unless they are enrolled at the school. You choose Seton Hall, they have a high school gym in East Orange go practice there. Pro's the more the merrier, it's good publicity.
Oh stop. This guy is in the NBA #1 overall pick, 1 and done. Were lucky to have him training at the rac and being around our guys. Basketball culture and football culture is apples and oranges. We dont even recruit 1 and done guys, it’s not in pike’s philosophy. Some programs are one and done programs, some are not. We are not

Oh stop. This guy is in the NBA #1 overall pick, 1 and done. Were lucky to have him training at the rac and being around our guys. Basketball culture and football culture is apples and oranges. We dont even recruit 1 and done guys, it’s not in pike’s philosophy. Some programs are one and done programs, some are not. We are not
Apparently you missed the part where I said, "Pro's the more the merrier, it's good publicity". Other than that, the diatribe was a good rebuttal, although completely miss placed.

The situation with the football and basketball program is apples and oranges Ms. Alyssa - nice try though!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT