ADVERTISEMENT

Khris Banks decommits from Boston College.

were are you getting this Maryland thing from? hes visited RU twice recently..
Published newspaper reports, Pitt and Maryland both set to publicly enter the fray for the young man's services. The kid himself mentioned new schools in the mix.

Not that difficult to research, NJ.com story
"However, Maryland and Pitt – which have yet to offer – could be close to pulling the trigger. Both have been in contact with DePaul about Banks, with coaches from Maryland stopping by recently to check in on him.

“There’s a couple schools but that’s not really the reason that I’m decommitting,” he said."

Last edited:
were are you getting this Maryland thing from? hes visited RU twice recently..
I turned over a new leaf and don't want to start fights, but weren't you the one who was all aglow about BC taking NJ recruits and it due to Camp being on their staff? I see Camp is one of his recruiters.
That said, they have done well in NJ, but mostly (maybe exclusively) with parochial schools, which makes sense. You have any other BC insights?

I turned over a new leaf and don't want to start fights, but weren't you the one who was all aglow about BC taking NJ recruits and it due to Camp being on their staff? I see Camp is one of his recruiters.
That said, they have done well in NJ, but mostly (maybe exclusively) with parochial schools, which makes sense. You have any other BC insights?
Insights into why he de comitted? I read he felt rushed into a verbal by BC.Im sure Adazzio being on somewhat unknown ground may be another reason. Ru needs to put up wins this season to Land the Banks and Tyler Fridays still out there in this class.Yes,letting Camp go was a mistake unless RU had someone ready to fill the recruiting void at the parochial N.J. schools.

I here he really likes it they're.
giphy.gif

Insights into why he de comitted? I read he felt rushed into a verbal by BC.Im sure Adazzio being on somewhat unknown ground may be another reason. Ru needs to put up wins this season to Land the Banks and Tyler Fridays still out there in this class.Yes,letting Camp go was a mistake unless RU had someone ready to fill the recruiting void at the parochial N.J. schools.
Yeah, well, we have beaten this one to death. I have no inside info, but maybe Ash and Camp did not see eye to eye, or Ash just felt the need to clean out the old wood, and bring in his own staff. We did get the coach from Paterson who has strong NJ ties, and while not on staff, I would think Mike Teel is putting in the good word for RU at Bosco.
I do agree with you that wins are important, and probably more important than having a guy like Camp on staff. We shall see.

Yeah, well, we have beaten this one to death. I have no inside info, but maybe Ash and Camp did not see eye to eye, or Ash just felt the need to clean out the old wood, and bring in his own staff. We did get the coach from Paterson who has strong NJ ties, and while not on staff, I would think Mike Teel is putting in the good word for RU at Bosco.
I do agree with you that wins are important, and probably more important than having a guy like Camp on staff. We shall see.

Well post.

Maybe Dazz is getting close to be fired. Their board always talk about his replacement. He's ahead of Ash by 2 or 3 years.

We need someone with recruiting chops beyond what Camp possesses. Recruiting should begin in NJ but go way beyond. The recruit NJ paradigm has not worked in generations. That ship has sailed. Get someone who casn recruit from the Tidewater area of Virginia down to southern Florida, or someone who has recruited for a successful big-time program. We need more than someone with a northern NJ background.

Listen to the most recent Scarlet Nation podcast with Pete Tverdov. Some interesting insights into BC's recruiting from an older brother of a player who just went through the process.

Maybe Dazz is getting close to be fired. Their board always talk about his replacement. He's ahead of Ash by 2 or 3 years.
Daz has done a terrible job at BC. Offense has been anemic and his only success (very moderate) has been with grad transfer QBs. Brown looks like a decent prospect, but Ash has Lewis much earlier in his tenure. Could be a huge factor. Daz is done at BC.

OMG its a recruiting thread on the free board so excited

So I would say its 50% RU/50% UMD or Pitt. Its really what position he wants to play. We have OL committed but zero inside DL. If he likes to play defense, he is ours. If he would rather play guard, then the other schools may be more appealing.

Boston College is a destination for parochial school kids, especially suburbanites. Football is in trouble because urban kids don't relate well to that environment, and the academics keep a lot of kids out of the equation. add in the fact that they are a northern outpost in a conference that is deeply rooted to the South, and it becomes clear why they are struggling and will continue to struggle.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
And you will never be happy about anything or say a positive word. If RU lands him, you will say that the Twerps did not want him.
how's that "new leaf" working out for you LOL...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW, who's Khris Banks? What's the scoop on this kid ?

(and why do all these parents have to make their kids "special" by spelling their names so different..hate all the edits I have to keep doing :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Reactions: dbaguy
I am sure it does not hurt that Ash has played 15 frosh so far this season. If you have talent and work hard you get early playing time.

Reactions: miketd1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT