ADVERTISEMENT

Kick off basketball season at The Yard with Basketball Eve! Come out and meet the Rutgers Men's and Rutgers Women's teams! Giveaways and more!!! 🏀

Didn't get a chance to attend. Guess I missed out. Could surely have used that new TV. 😄

Looked like a nice size crowd.

Others things of note as this season is ready to kickoff....
--immediately upon the transfer from the CVS era, it appears we may be back in the good graces of the media. The number of nationally telvevised games has increased substantially this year. No more, 5 scheduled games on nat'l TV a season, and if you're any good we may give you one more.

--It's nice seeing how much the players just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE coach Coquese. Whether it's the players she worked with from Oklahoma, ND, or our current players.

--Also nice that the current group got the chance to become really familiar with the history and tradition of the RUWBB program. From the 1982 Team Doc, T Grentz HoF induction, the CVS RU HoF induction, former players returning, Betnijah, Kahleah, and Arella repping at the Worlds.......they should definitely know that this is a special place to play, and there's nothing standing between them and the opportunity to be the next RU greats/legends.

--All that said, ..........I'm still a little concerned about the guard spot. Although I think Kai did handle the ball a lot in HS. I'll just have to trust the coaches on that one.

--Lastly,.....a brief sigh of relief after getting our first HS commit of the CW era, in J. Huerter. Hopefully there are more pleasant surprises to come on the recruiting front. She looks like she could be a huge piece to our rebuild. Solid, all-around skills.
Can she join the team early?? enroll in the second semester like some HS athetes have been doing(Olivia Miles at ND, one of the UConn players, I think also)? Jillian could really help our team this season as another strong ball-handler and she could benefit from the strength and conditioning.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT