ADVERTISEMENT

Kratch: Schiano's Dream Team

I think Fran Brown is a NO-BRAINER and wasn’t it rumored to be expected last week? Would be a huge boost to SJ recruiting!

Last edited:
BC will take Don Brown the DC before Anthony Campanile, who's highest coaching position has been linebackers coach. Like they say you got to walk before you can run. That's why I laughed when I heard his name as a potential candidate for our job. That's a joke to even consider him or his brother. Only a moron does that.

well........

I wonder if in all of college football, there is any precedent to the McNulty situation of that were to happen.

McNulty as QB coach might make financial sense. Aren’t we already paying him? Not saying it will happen or even can happen, but from that aspect it isn’t a bad thought.

McNulty as QB coach might make financial sense. Aren’t we already paying him? Not saying it will happen or even can happen, but from that aspect it isn’t a bad thought.
Has he ever played the position?

Between now and then hes first have to convince people thathesnot getting help from Dad. 2021 is too early for that.
They're the Patriots. If bill wanted to make a hobo off the street DC their fans and organization will accept it. He has earned the right to do literally anything he wants. If he wants his son as DC to catapult his career, he will be DC and nobody will say a word except other fanbases that are jealous of their success.

Interesting list. Brown, AC & Nunzio are the linchpins for recruiting, but not sure how you fit Brown & AC together. Maybe if AC is willing to go the Co-DC route.

Would Gleeson be willing to leave OKSt? In terms of P5 hierarchy, they are a bit ahead of us. Granted, it would be coming home to NJ.

Love the Tiquan suggestion. Would be great to get another former player or two. Teel might be a better fit than McNulty as QB coach.

Reactions: biker7766
What! No Darren Rizzi? Randy Melvin? Where’s Big Joe Susan? Daryl Hazel??
C’mon Man!!!

McNulty is hard to see coming back given the circumstances of his leaving. I also wonder if Brown & AC as co-DC is a better move.

Would love to re kindle some Florida connections. This staff is all NJ with the exception of OL

McNulty and Art are part of Greg’s Dream Team?

Haven’t RU fans seen this movie before?

Joe Susan most likely returns to any Schiano staff. No Mcnulty this time around. Yes to Brown if he would come? Might have to make him CO DC with Ant. Love the Gleason idea. What happened to Canada. Yes to Butler. Give Nunz what he wants. Underwood is a great idea. The wisky OL coach would be killer.

I understand that Schiano wanted to have several analyst time positions like quality control positions they have at all major programs. I can see him using former players for these positions. How about EL on the staff in some capacity?

No, he played defensive back at PSU but his entire career has been on the offensive side. He was the OC/QB coach at RU, then spent 7 years as a QB coach in the NFL before coming back.

Not quite. I love easily refuted arguments.
NFL career after leaving Rutgers in 2008:
3 years WR
3 years QB
2 years TE

Arizona Cardinals
2009-2011 WR coach
2012 QB Coach (John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindsey)

Tampa Bay (w/Schiano)
2013 QB Coach (Mike Glennon, Josh Freeman)
Schiano fired after this season

Tenn Titans
2014 QB Coach (Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst, Zach Mettenberger)
2015 QB Coach (Marcus Mariota)
Obviously McN isn't fully to blame but Mariota was #2 overall pick who isn't getting a 2nd contract from Tenn and is currently benched for Ryan Tennehill.

SD Chargers
2016-2017 TE coach

Rutgers
2018-2019 OC/QB Coach
We are all fully aware of the "QBdevelopment" that occured during this coaching stint.

Reactions: biker7766
While those are names tied to Schiano, it's not a good enough recruiting staff IMO.

We need Brown, both Camps and Partridge and I would give enough latitude to ask Fran Brown to select one of the coaches he's familiar with that can help in South Jersey.

We need more minority representation on a RU staff, if we want to attract the levels of talent necessary to catch up. Whether that's in "official coaches", or the funding of the support staff that Schiano is "job creating" for.....

Anything short Brown and both Camps is going to be surprising to me and we need to send shockwaves that this isn't just going to be a rewind of what was here before. To get into the 25 to 30 range nationally in recruiting, it has to be done in the 2021 and 2022 classes with some names early.
Isn't partridge toxic in NJ HS football circles?

Wouldn't mind one bit to see him at his old position here on the Banks. Compared to Ash's Olines they looked like All-Americans. Does he still own that house in Middlesex?
After the way he was treated here, I think he's a gonna be a "hard pass" on a return to The Banks.

Not quite. I love easily refuted arguments.
NFL career after leaving Rutgers in 2008:
3 years WR
3 years QB
2 years TE

Arizona Cardinals
2009-2011 WR coach
2012 QB Coach (John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Ryan Lindsey)

Tampa Bay (w/Schiano)
2013 QB Coach (Mike Glennon, Josh Freeman)
Schiano fired after this season

Tenn Titans
2014 QB Coach (Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst, Zach Mettenberger)
2015 QB Coach (Marcus Mariota)
Obviously McN isn't fully to blame but Mariota was #2 overall pick who isn't getting a 2nd contract from Tenn and is currently benched for Ryan Tennehill.

SD Chargers
2016-2017 TE coach

Rutgers
2018-2019 OC/QB Coach
We are all fully aware of the "QBdevelopment" that occured during this coaching stint.

I love people who can't add.

If you're right he was a QB coach for 4 years, not 3.

I love people who can't add.

If you're right he was a QB coach for 4 years, not 3.

Hahahaha.
There are 3 types of people....those who can count and those who can't.

The point still stands.
McN wasn't an NFL QB coach for 7 years before returning to RU.
4 out of 9 years as QB coach.

The best was before the season when I was proposing the McN to OC/WR and hire a QB coach - someone actually responded that McN had coached elite QBs in the NFL.

I’m sorry but there have GOT to be better options than McNulty.
The whole McNulty firing just seemed so odd. Anyone know the real story? Did Hobbs go to him and tell him he's going to fire Ash mid-season without a plan and McNulty balked at being interim or told off Hobbs for making such a move mid-season? Or did Nunzio make Hobbs an offer he couldn't refuse.. so McNulty had to go too.. it is just so odd a happening.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Why would he leave Alabama?
Maybe he wants to be with his wife and kids. Hell he blew off Offensive game planning to be with his kids for a Counting Crows concert. Tuscaloosa, Alabama's not exactly a puddle jumper from Middlesex, NJ.

I'd rather have Matt Canada than McNulty and if Schiano isn't hired I'd like to see Canada as head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT