ADVERTISEMENT

Kyonte Hamilton—Wrestlers Relentless Attitude

Yea and why was flood the coach. They had to grab him last minute bc gs bad timing left them in a sh!t spot
No, they chose not to pay Cristobol $1.4 mil., the highest they would go was $1.2 mil. So we got Flood at $900k. This was at a time when all Barchi cared about was reducing athletic spending even if it came at the expense of being competitive. There were good coaches out there, they just chose to go with the least expensive Offensive line coach.

No, they chose not to pay Cristobol $1.4 mil., the highest they would go was $1.2 mil. So we got Flood at $900k. This was at a time when all Barchi cared about was reducing athletic spending even if it came at the expense of being competitive. There were good coaches out there, they just chose to go with the least expensive Offensive line coach.
Is this a football board or the wrestling board?

Reactions: njsportsphan
No, cristabals wife was real reason he didn’t come. He jacked his price to 2 mil to make sure he was out

Is this a football board or the wrestling board?
Hey I’d love to talk Rutgers wrestling but while others are getting high school commitments and transfer portal kids we’re getting bupkis. All’s quiet on the Rutgers front.

I thought Flood started at $750,000. Check your facts
Bill you may be up there in years, but the old noodle is still like a steel trap. You're correct, I looked it up and his 1st year salary was $750k the next year it went up to $900k including incentives.

Kole
You know God has always blessed me with a great memory which is still intact in my 81st year. It is so ironic with mine being so good and my darling wife being so bad with Alzheimer’s. Life at times is not fair.

Don’t underestimate what Frank Burns did as a Rutgers head football coach with absolutely meager resources. Great coach and great man.
Burns was at the time a very good coach , guy but resided in a much different Rutgers world . Not saying Burns wouldn’t be the great coach today however this jealous hate or outward dislike for Schiano sounds petty. The man would never have left back in 2012 had we have gotten the B1G invite at the time. We ( I believe) would have been in much better shape as a football program and would have avoided numerous off field issues and public ridicule. I get it you don’t like Schiano and his salary . You are a wrestling Goody Guy … you do know Schiano and Goodall support each other’s programs? BTW: With Hamilton : Do not rule him out and competing on the B1G mat as our number 1 Heavyweight. Amazing how some are unable to find a happy medium for both programs. Frank Burn’s unfortunately would tell you exactly that. Blame Rutgers past lack of investment not Schiano’s $$$$$ or Hamilton’s evident decisions .

Bottom line Rutgers knew what it would take to reach the next level however one problem. They did not have the support or financial guts to spend the money. So though the players improved in talent and we said, “ we’re going bigtime “ it didn’t happen for quite some time… like years. Then when we really started people in state and at the university ( RU 1000) bitched and moaned. They still bitch and moan but a little less now. Schiano though having flaws is far and away a better, organized and knowledgeable D-1 coach today . We could have done worse and we did after he took the Buc’s job 11 years ago.

Does Crackers even realize that if it wasn’t for what Schiano accomplished RU would not be Wrestling in the Big 10, & Donnie would not have come to RU if we were not in the Big 10.
Of course not ...hating on a guy who took a job in the NFL is just plain dumb no matter how you spin it ...nfl opportunities don’t grow on trees and the guy must have some coaching skill to have gotten the offer at all ...he hates on NS for the same reason ...the kid got a better offer and won a national title ...enough said

Burns was at the time a very good coach , guy but resided in a much different Rutgers world . Not saying Burns wouldn’t be the great coach today however this jealous hate or outward dislike for Schiano sounds petty. The man would never have left back in 2012 had we have gotten the B1G invite at the time. We ( I believe) would have been in much better shape as a football program and would have avoided numerous off field issues and public ridicule. I get it you don’t like Schiano and his salary . You are a wrestling Goody Guy … you do know Schiano and Goodall support each other’s programs? BTW: With Hamilton : Do not rule him out and competing on the B1G mat as our number 1 Heavyweight. Amazing how some are unable to find a happy medium for both programs. Frank Burn’s unfortunately would tell you exactly that. Blame Rutgers past lack of investment not Schiano’s $$$$$ or Hamilton’s evident decisions .
Thanks for telling me who I am and what I think. How did you get all of that out of my shout out to Coach Burns made weeks ago? For the record you are so wrong on your assumptions about what I think with respect to Coach Schiano, the relationship between the sports, and Kyonte that I won’t even respond other than to say you don’t “get it” despite your assertion that you do “get it”. Please note that our wrestling coach is Scott Goodale. No idea who “Goodall” is.

Last edited:
Weeks ago? … you mean 2 days ago… typical. Rutgers spell check guy . I know exactly what you said and what you inferred about Schiano , salary and the whine about the wrestling program. Go roll around on the mat .

Weeks ago? … you mean 2 days ago… typical. Rutgers spell check guy . I know exactly what you said and what you inferred about Schiano , salary and the whine about the wrestling program. Go roll around on the mat

Thanks for telling me who I am and what I think. How did you get all of that out of my shout out to Coach Burns made weeks ago? For the record you are so wrong on your assumptions about what I think with respect to Coach Schiano, the relationship between the sports, and Kyonte that I won’t even respond other than to say you don’t “get it” despite your assertion that you do “get it”. Please note that our wrestling coach is Scott Goodale. No idea who “Goodall” is.
You do know that spell check left on can be an issue . Did you cry real tears when Schiano signed an extension ? Hurt feelings … boo Hope hope.

I originally was responding to RUcrackers not you so why are you telling me that I’m wrong . RU crackers was the poster not DUForever. If it was posted to you it was not intended.

Lol!! This Bob dude enjoys getting people riled up. May I suggest you use the ignore button on him and save yourself from reading anything he responds to.

Reactions: DUForever
Lol!! This Bob dude enjoys getting people riled up. May I suggest you use the ignore button on him and save yourself from reading anything he responds to.
It’s funny because anyone who knows me even casually understands that despite a strong commitment of “time and treasure” to both Rutgers wrestling and the SKWC Rutgers football is #1 and wrestling is a very close #1A. The beauty of message boards!

Reactions: LETSGORU91
DU
Well said and I can vouch for his love for RU football and his contribution to RU wrestling over the years. For the record I think coach Burns was an excellent coach and could have competed successfully in todays big time football. Good guy and well respected. I understand why GS left for 1 of only 32 jobs in the NFL but the timing clearly hurt. Don’t hate him for it.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
DU
Well said and I can vouch for his love for RU football and his contribution to RU wrestling over the years. For the record I think coach Burns was an excellent coach and could have competed successfully in todays big time football. Good guy and well respected. I understand why GS left for 1 of only 32 jobs in the NFL but the timing clearly hurt.
Poster says he was responding to Crackers and not me. I guess my reading skills must be slipping. You just have to laugh sometimes when you read these boards. Hope you are doing well my friend.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT