ADVERTISEMENT

Kyonte Hamilton plan

What if Rutgers Football goes to a bowl ?
Does that mean no wrestling until a week after that bowl game ?
giphy.gif

Look, after the past 4 weeks performances I have accepted that we are a depleted, thin in available talent as compared to our opponents. Greg would be nominated for sainthood by Pope Francis if he makes a bowl. He was left with Ash’s recruits which were sub par at best. I am not down on Greg or the coaches. I just feel they have a Herculean task facing them to be competitive the rest of the year, regardless of who they face. I pray I am wrong and everyone kills me in 5 weeks.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Look, after the past 4 weeks performances I have accepted that we are a depleted, thin in available talent as compared to our opponents. Greg would be nominated for sainthood by Pope Francis if he makes a bowl. He was left with Ash’s recruits which were sub par at best. I am not down on Greg or the coaches. I just feel they have a Herculean task facing them to be competitive the rest of the year, regardless of who they face. I pray I am wrong and everyone kills me in 5 weeks.
I'll give you credit in advance for being willing to be tarred and feathered should the team rally to a bowl. Was wondering why the sudden negativity from you lately. I think this week is telling. Win and they'll make things interesting, lose and they'll go out with a whimper, IMO.

NW was the litmus test game for me, I never say never but there are a lot of missing pieces on the team. Pretty astonished at Kyonte's game, thought he was talented for sure but to be able to do what he has as a true freshmen speaks to a level of athleticism, functional strength and toughness that reminds you....... he is a great wrestler!

About a 10-20% chance of making a bowl at this time so it’s a reasonable question to ask in regards to Kyonte’s plan. Also fine to table the question until 4pm on Saturday. At that point the bowl chances will be either like 1% or more like 25-30%.

About a 10-20% chance of making a bowl at this time so it’s a reasonable question to ask in regards to Kyonte’s plan. Also fine to table the question until 4pm on Saturday. At that point the bowl chances will be either like 1% or more like 25-30%.
Agree, looks like a long shot for a bowl this season.....but in the next few years I can see them making bowl games....which stinks for us wrestling fans that want Kyonte on the mat!

I love the program but I am not Al who thinks we win every game. I have been to every home game and watched all away games. From what my eyes tell me, we do not have the offensive or defensive talent to beat good or bad Big Ten teams. I call it as I see it if you call that being negative. If we win a game from here out CNN I will petition Pope Francis for Schiano sainthood cause he deserves it with what he has left.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Right now Bill you sound like the anti-Al. Sainthood if we make a bowl was exaggeration enough. Now it’s if we win 1 more game?!

I feel the same. I’ll be shocked if we win another game this year. We just don’t have the talent now. It’s going to take 2 more years of good recruiting.

We had to run the gauntlet against 3 of the top 4 division teams consecutively and they were just gassed out when it was time to face Northwestern. Coming off a bye, I’d confidently say they beat Illinois by a touchdown or more today. I don’t think Indiana and Maryland are out of the question either. Bowl eligibility isnt off the table.

I know but originally I thought they would kill us. Then I had an epiphany. My son was in Vegas for the Sting concert and I tried to get him to beat $100 on RU and I could not reach him. True story.

We had to run the gauntlet against 3 of the top 4 division teams consecutively and they were just gassed out when it was time to face Northwestern. Coming off a bye, I’d confidently say they beat Illinois by a touchdown or more today. I don’t think Indiana and Maryland are out of the question either. Bowl eligibility isnt off the table.
Gauntlet and big10 football schedule are two things that have never went together.

Any update on Kyonte? With football seemingly the higher priority now after playing a good amount at the end of the season, is he ready for the wrestling season? Will we see him at Midlands?

How does Kyonte look in the HW room?
Is he competitive with the other Heavies?
I would think his major hurdle would be Boone.....
Alex E. is a MAN but not sure how he is technically

Disappointing that he won't make it to Midlands. My guess is unless he's absolutely dominant, that he stays RSed this year.
I wonder if there's risk in redshirting him out of sync with football. Since they didn't r-shirt him, and assuming he plays the next three years, he might stand a good chance in the NFL draft if he's interested.

I know Scott ideally wanted to redshirt the whole freshman class which would be ideal, especially for Kyonte.

Kyonte is very raw as a wrestler. He will need some work to be competitive on a D1 level. Hes very athletic so he has the ability to make big jumps quickly. Just because he was ranked high as a HWT doesn't mean he's ready now.

Reactions: mikemessner
Hes an incoming freshman with 2 weks in Big room so not expected to be ready, but kids wrestled for a long time I wouldnt call him raw.

As he should. This game is huge for Rutgers football and they’re going to get paid a lot of money to play in it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT