ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse Legend John Grant Jr. On The Move To Johns Hopkins

That's a good hire for them. He was a helluva a player and he's an innovative coach. Hopkins is clearly getting away from their more plodding defensive oriented style.

I'll bet Hopkins will be playing a lot of box during fall practice.

I'll bet Hopkins will be playing a lot of box during fall practice.

The game seemed like started passing them by. They amass all this talent but don't let those kids play, playing more of a defensive oriented style.

I can tell you from speaking two high profile alums, our two wins a few years ago was a bit of an eye opener. The game was changing. I think Petro tried to play a more modern game, but he just didn't have it in him. It's really tough for those older school defensive oriented coaches to live with the turnovers that playing a faster style create. They really have a hard time taking the reigns off.

The game seemed like started passing them by. They amass all this talent but don't let those kids play, playing more of a defensive oriented style.

I can tell you from speaking two high profile alums, our two wins a few years ago was a bit of an eye opener. The game was changing. I think Petro tried to play a more modern game, but he just didn't have it in him. It's really tough for those older school defensive oriented coaches to live with the turnovers that playing a faster style create. They really have a hard time taking the reigns off.
Those high profile alums obviously did not speak on our behalf to the NCAA tournament selection committee.

Those high profile alums obviously did not speak on our behalf to the NCAA tournament selection committee.

I believe he was speaking of JHU alums, and Hopkins was of the bubble for the tourney that year.

Cali, do you think the indoor pro league and both outdoor pro leagues are going to survive the Chinese coronavirus?

With John Grant Jr. surrounded by ample young talent in his final season, Denver Outlaws are priming for another championship run

Last year, the 45-year-old Grant Jr. had 21 goals while breaking the all-time Major League Lacrosse scoring record

Grant Jr., 45, is back with the Outlaws in 2020 for what is “for sure” his final season. He acknowledges his mobility is waning. In addition, he recently accepted a position as the new offensive coordinator at Johns Hopkins University.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/06/...grant-jr-final-season-championship-redemption

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT