ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse

Well somehow I don't think the BIg was the best conference in lacrosse. Maryland and John Hopkins both went quietly.

Duke was better than anybody in the B1G, including Maryland. The Terps won the title last year, so I think slack can be cut there. But other than Duke, nobody in the ACC is better than either of those two teams.

If the B1G isn't the best conference, it isn't the fault of Maryland and Hopkins.

Duke was better than anybody in the B1G, including Maryland. The Terps won the title last year, so I think slack can be cut there. But other than Duke, nobody in the ACC is better than either of those two teams.

If the B1G isn't the best conference, it isn't the fault of Maryland and Hopkins.
The pool of teams is too small and the comparable body of work is too small. Conference comparisons are absurd. Caliknight, and many RU fans, hate all things ACC and make ridiculous statements. BIG lacrosse is very good, but mainly because they added an ACC stalwart and a blue blood. Penn St has made a big investment. OSU is progressing. Michigan is committed. RU's trajectory has never been better. Take care of business and stop whining about Old Guard. Maryland and Hopkins are the old guard!

Reactions: bingethinker
The B1G is better than the acc. It's been seen on the field.

The acc is only a league because they added two Big East teams. Actually, it isn't even really a league.

Reactions: TRU2RU
The B1G is better than the acc. It's been seen on the field.

The acc is only a league because they added two Big East teams. Actually, it isn't even really a league.

Waiting for NC State to revive their program and make it a true conference. They were actually decent in the late 70's, though would be at the bottom of today's B1G.

Reactions: bigmatt718
In terms of schedule/body of work, is there any reason D1 lacrosse teams couldn't play more than 1 game per week? Like how about a 20 game regular season? Seems it would separate the tournament hopefuls more and maybe get a more accurate RPI.

In terms of schedule/body of work, is there any reason D1 lacrosse teams couldn't play more than 1 game per week? Like how about a 20 game regular season? Seems it would separate the tournament hopefuls more and maybe get a more accurate RPI.

Back in the day it was common to have a midweek game as well as a Saturday game. Also, the season didn't start until roughly March 10, so the weekday games allowed the same number of games in a season with a compressed amount of time. I think the increase in long distance travel these days makes that somewhat problematic. Nobody had to travel to Denver or South Bend, and a Syracuse or Cornell would only play southern teams during Spring Break. Some will say it's too taxing on the players physically, but without the travel imho I don't think that would be a problem.

Reactions: RUtom
At least 2 per week (Wednesday and Saturday) and start the season the closest weekend to St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) so you can still have the Final Four Memorial Day weekend.

20 regular season games are way too much IMO. Just like 50+ games for Baseball are too. It’s college, let’s try and keep it closer to the academic calendar.

Reactions: RUtom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT