ADVERTISEMENT

Lathan Sommerville -- Sectional Final 3/1 8pm

One of my favorite things about him. He always looks fired up.
With the way they are calling techs lately that might need to be reeled in but ill take a player who is too fired up over a player who looks semi engaged 10 times out of 10

Good chance he is the heart and soul of this team for the next 3 years post freshman season

Reactions: cm_13
A center/power forward that can dribble the ball up court and score from different areas is a player that Rutgers has lacked for decades.Lamizana might have been the last.

Wow, seeing someone with his size that can handle the rock like that is sweet!

Yup ... he's got a soft touch when he shoots and he is super smooth handling and passing the ball.

He's gonna be a problem for the B1G ... especially if the opposition has to focus on Ace and Harper mostly.

A center/power forward that can dribble the ball up court and score from different areas is a player that Rutgers has lacked for decades.Lamizana might have been the last.
One of my favorite players but HL didn’t have center talent. 3/4. Not 4/5.

Reactions: DirtyRU
This dudes a center?
Well, yeah, he’s 6-9 or 6-10 and probably 250 pounds. In today’s game, that makes him a center. He wouldn’t have the foot speed or lateral quickness to guard today’s stretch 4s.

But the kid has guard skills. Apparently grew up playing guard but had a major growth spurt that turned him into a “big”. He’s going to be a matchup problem in college, as he has inside moves but can dribble and has a legit outside shot out to the three point line.

If Ace and Dylan are the sizzle to the 2024 class, Sommerville is the steak.

I think a lot of the complaints against Cliff are basically an outcome of someone who began playing hoops several years into their teens. In Lathan, we see a kid who was out in the playground every day since he could bounce a ball.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the complaints against Cliff are basically an outcome of someone who began playing hoops several years into their teens. In Lathan, we see a kid who was out in the playground every day since he could bounce a ball.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

terrible help defense and no box out from the few clips we see.

he will need to be rewired

The clip in this thread showed only one play where you could tell anything wrt Lathan on defense. Are you basing the need to "rewire" him based on one total play with no other context?

Reactions: cm_13
The clip in this thread showed only one play where you could tell anything wrt Lathan on defense. Are you basing the need to "rewire" him based on one total play with no other context?
:18 and :26

The good news looking at the last play his HS has him defending the high screen like us

He will need to lose some baby fat but his Ball skills and hands are terrific.

If Cliff grew up playing bball he would be unbelievable

Trevion Williams , part 2
That was my comp too

Reactions: Scarlet83
Trevion was an excellent player…and he could get you a tough late-game basket if need be. But that still doesn’t preclude a buzzer-beater from the other team however.
I absolutely knew Travion would score on Purdues last possession
We just could not stop him
If Latham is anything like that….

I absolutely knew Travion would score on Purdues last possession
We just could not stop him
If Latham is anything like that….
Trevion is now playing in the top tier league in Germany after a G-League stint. His lack of a trey probably hurts him a bit as he’s always been a good rebounder and finisher near the rim.

Reactions: wheezer
Trevion is now playing in the second tier league in Germany after a G-League stint. His lack of a trey probably hurts him a bit as he’s always been a good rebounder and finisher near the rim.
That's a shame. Loved his game. Fun to watch

Trevion was great but didn't have a lot of range, I think. We shall see what Lathan does.

Whoops Demarcus Boogie Cousins

Boogie Knight

That UK team is the model to aspire for. Even though they got stunned in the elite 8 that team dominated all season long with incoming stud recruits. They don’t do what they did though without Patrick Patterson and a few other returning role players. Retaining J Williams and Cliff would be huge.
Having frosh stars far less of a question mark with them in my opinion.

Reactions: njcanesfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT