ADVERTISEMENT

Lax win over Blue Hens

So MLAX is now 7-2. It looks like we are much improved over last year but I don't think our OOC has been the most difficult. Can anyone chime in on how improved we are and predict how that will translate in Big 10 play?

I have never been to a game. Will be taking the family to the UM game with son's high school team. May also try to go to the Hopkins game. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: RUMountie
So MLAX is now 7-2. It looks like we are much improved over last year but I don't think our OOC has been the most difficult. Can anyone chime in on how improved we are and predict how that will translate in Big 10 play?

I have never been to a game. Will be taking the family to the UM game with son's high school team. May also try to go to the Hopkins game. Looking forward to it.
I wonder how much of this is due to youth. Lots of Sophs and Frosh getting playing time. It is an exciting team to watch, but there still is work to do - face offs and occasional major defensive lapses to start.

I have watched most of the games on-line. They are good on offense sometimes excellent. Defense is inconsistent at times. They are still a young team for the most part. They could do well against B1G schedule if they bring their A game. We are going to the Hopkins, PSU and Michigan games so I hope they bring it.

Reactions: mikefla
Fun night, but pretty lonely. For a change, I was highly confident that UDel would 't make it all the way back. FOs are a work in progress.

I know, I know -- Easter weekend, but announced "crowd" was less than 1,000. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd love to get the games out of HPSS. No real sense of a home field last night. Hope some students show up for the Hopkins games. Heard that a lot of youth programs will be coming, so there should be a little more noise.

If we can win 2 Big Ten games... that would put us firmly on the bubble for the NCAA tournament heading into the Big Tens, right?

I really have no idea how good this team is...one thing that jumps out looking at the rankings is that we have a really weak schedule. Our SOS is 61...everyone else in the Big Ten is in the top 10 (Hopkins, UMD, PSU), or in the 30's (UM, OSU).

We are rich in attackman talent......not only the best 3 in the game stat-wise with
SR Bieda,
SO Heningsburg and
FR phenom Charalambides....but a
FR Josh Jordan has scored 7 goals at attack and is earning playing time
add
JR Trasolini with 7 goals...
SO Mazzone with 6,
SO Tolliver with 5 and even
SR Sikora a long stick D with 5
we can score......

While we have some stalwarts on D like SO Rexrode and Sikora
when a team like Delaware is behind 14-4 & rips off 7 goals in the 4thQ
it makes one worry

Then there was the Stony Brook game where their O made monkeys out of us and scored at will

IMO while Alleyne is a solid goalie, he has been a hothead...even getting kicked OUT of a game
I prefer Edelman who is a master at the quick pass/fast break that we spanked #15 Army with

So,,,in a nutshell...the team IS the best in a long while
but with B10 play from here on we face
#5 Md
#9 Johns Hopkins
Ohio State
and
a #18 PSU team that just upset #4 Denver
its an uphill battle
Michigan looks like a probable win

and just for interest we lost to Princeton 10-7
Yale just edged out Princeton 11-10 and now YALE is ranked #1
I honestly thought we could have beaten Princeton with Edelman in goal....

78College Avenue,
I have been saying this for years--we have to get New Jerseyans more familiar with their State University.So many people in the state have NEVER set foot on campus. EVERY youth and high school player,parent, and coach should be contacted one way or another with schedules of ALL our sports teams.I am not some computer expert,but there must be someone in the marketing and/or tickets department to start doing these things. I don't care if people live in Wantage,Hoboken,Delsea,Cape May,LBI,Fortescue,Pemberton,Phillipsburg--Rutgers needs to do a MUCH better job of reaching them,both for academics and athletics. We also need to start having more off-season events at stadium and RAC--concerts,business expos,marching band festivals,food festivals,etc.

Rutgers did a great job of reaching out to me and my team this season. We have about 70 (players and parents) going up for a game this season.

Reactions: RoxboroughKnight
Rutgers did a great job of reaching out to me and my team this season. We have about 70 (players and parents) going up for a game this season.

That's awesome to hear. I agree with Heaven that we need more of this so the kids in youth sports become familiar with Rutgers as early as possible. It's a great experience for the kids too so a win-win for both sides.

That's awesome to hear. I agree with Heaven that we need more of this so the kids in youth sports become familiar with Rutgers as early as possible. It's a great experience for the kids too so a win-win for both sides.

We are a high school team and the kids are pumped. It actually has made the kids more interested in Rutgers lacrosse just because we planned this tail gate event. I tried to get our youth to go also but that did not work out. Next year my plan is to get the youth and the hs team to an RU game the same day next season.

During the Hopkins-UNC game, they showed RU as finishing last in thr B1G. Love to see the kids prove the alleged experts wrong. I would prefer Edelman in goal, but what the hell do I know?

This is the real season now. We did what we had to do in the OOC portion of the schedule, though that Princeton game still burns. Almost any other day, I think we win that game. We are the better team, just didn't put it down that day. The Stony Brook loss is nothing to be ashamed of. That team, as expected, is doing well. The have a large number of seniors making plays for them. Our Army win is looking good. The SoS isn't there, which partly is to blame on Uva for backing out. Would have liked to see our squads matching up this year.

On to Hopkins. They look good. They had some kinks earlier in the year, but they seem to have worked them out. Losing two of their best players didn't help.

Maryland is humming right now. After their coach figured out that he has some of the best offensive players in the country and took the reigns off, they are putting up points. Their D is tough. That game will be a big challenge.

Toss up games are Penn St. and Ohio St. Penn St. just beat the number 1 team in the country, so they are hot right now. Ohio St. played #2 ND to a one goal game, so they have been getting better as the season wears on.

Michigan is away, but they have been getting beat by almost everyone. Have to think we are favored in that one.

First things first, Hopkins on Sat. It would be a statement win for us. One thing we cannot do is foul. Their extra man O is lethal. A foul is almost a guaranteed goal when we play them.

We need to do well at the x and get strong goaltending, as always. They have a couple of snipers, especially Brown. If that guy gets his hands free, look out. Saves will be important, as will finishing our opportunities when we get them, especially in transition.

We also have to ride them hard. Their clearing game isn't great and that should present some open field opportunities where we excel. Should be an exciting game after the 2 goal loss last year.

Reactions: rucoe89
This is the real season now. We did what we had to do in the OOC portion of the schedule, though that Princeton game still burns. Almost any other day, I think we win that game. We are the better team, just didn't put it down that day. The Stony Brook loss is nothing to be ashamed of. That team, as expected, is doing well. The have a large number of seniors making plays for them. Our Army win is looking good. The SoS isn't there, which partly is to blame on Uva for backing out. Would have liked to see our squads matching up this year.

On to Hopkins. They look good. They had some kinks earlier in the year, but they seem to have worked them out. Losing two of their best players didn't help.

Maryland is humming right now. After their coach figured out that he has some of the best offensive players in the country and took the reigns off, they are putting up points. Their D is tough. That game will be a big challenge.

Toss up games are Penn St. and Ohio St. Penn St. just beat the number 1 team in the country, so they are hot right now. Ohio St. played #2 ND to a one goal game, so they have been getting better as the season wears on.

Michigan is away, but they have been getting beat by almost everyone. Have to think we are favored in that one.

First things first, Hopkins on Sat. It would be a statement win for us. One thing we cannot do is foul. Their extra man O is lethal. A foul is almost a guaranteed goal when we play them.

We need to do well at the x and get strong goaltending, as always. They have a couple of snipers, especially Brown. If that guy gets his hands free, look out. Saves will be important, as will finishing our opportunities when we get them, especially in transition.

We also have to ride them hard. Their clearing game isn't great and that should present some open field opportunities where we excel. Should be an exciting game after the 2 goal loss last year.
Thanks for the summary, Cali --- will be helpful to better appreciate game on Saturday.

Michigan game is home. Sunday April 10th.

Yea, that's my bad. I had that confused with OSU, which I would feel better about if we were home. Anything can happen in sport, but I think we beat Michigan no matter where we play them.

Reactions: gef21
Tomorrow is going to be fun My team is playing Plainedge and then going to the game should be a nice day.

Young team, no expectations coming into the season, however, maybe it's time for an "upset" tomorrow night!!! Let's go RU!

I may have spoken to soon about Michigan. They just lost to Maryland in what looked like a blizzard, 8-7. Without their two top players. They had a chance to win it in the last minute and sort of blew it.

Maryland is a tough team to figure out. Their coach is a great recruiter, but his offensive philosophy couldn't be more boring. He has the athletes to run with anyone, yet plays the stall game like he is trying to mitigate a talent disadvantage.

Even so, they were probably the hottest team coming into this weekend. Hopefully, Michigan went all in this game in and is coming into P-way lacking some energy. Not sure if their two best players are going to be back or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT